GDT: Game 1: Coyotes @ Stars | 10/4/18 5:30 p.m. PDT | FS-A | The regular season sucks

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Probably the only game I will get to this season. I am ready for a good match-up. If they show someone who looks like a caveman on TV, it is probably me...

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
We do appreciate good jokes around here

(hey my promise to be 50% more serious doesn't count the game hasn't started yet :P )

Guarding your optimism is understandable, I'm a UNLV fan. I do think you are icing a better product than in the last couple years.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Yet it's better than -not- icing a better product.

Have some optimism, guys, there is light at the end of your tunnel, and I predict you see it this year.

Arizona sports fans tend to have an attitude of "I'll believe it when I see it" when it comes to optimism about our teams. Our teams have a long history of letting us down.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Josh Archibald, the translation for Josh is usually "约什"; Jordan Osterle, we usually use "乔丹" for the name Jordan, while use "约旦" for the country Jordan, at least on the mainland. :popcorn:

My Chinese ancestry is arguably more closely tied to the ROC than the PRC. My ancestors were originally staunch monarchists and fled the Fujian province for the Philippines after the Xinhai revolution. Later on, several of them ended up fighting for the KMT during the civil war. My great grandfather was some kind of high-ranking officer and was killed in action in either 1937 or 1938 when Japan invaded. None of them have gone back to live on the mainland, or in Taiwan either, but my grandfather's passport (which I still have) he used to enter the United States is a Republic of China passport.

That random tidbit on my background may or may not explain the choice of characters I used :laugh:

Reactions: teddyli

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
That first line is scary. I wonder if Tocchet has a plan for them, or he’s just going to roll lines.

Naych_PHX

Feeling Salty
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
Damn. So excited. My summer went by fast, idk if that's a good thing or not. I'll miss Dvo and Chucky this game, but excited to see Vinnie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad