GDT: Game 1: Coyotes @ Ducks | 7:00 p.m. PDT | FS-A | 98.7 FM

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
That game reminded me of how much I've missed hockey since last season. Was extremely entertaining.

That said, the Yotes should have come out with the victory on that one. Ducks did a great job of capitalizing on the mistakes that were made and the Yotes missed a couple more (or Gibson made some good saves too) that could have really sealed the game. Some of the mistakes look just like the team was a bit off... like Demers trying to backhand pass it to Rieder and they just didn't quite connect and it's a goal against. Also, they let Perry knock them off focus (LD especially) and that changed the game.

I expect that stuff to clean up a bit and players to gel together some more. Lots of positives from that game and some negatives to learn from. Let's just hope the team learns their lesson and does better with the next lead.

Reactions: Lady Macbeth

Tad Mikowski

Hail to the King Baby
Sponsor
May 31, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
The team was amazing for 2 periods. That's more than I could've asked for. I'll trust that Toch can work the kinks out. As many said. There were a ton of positives and if Raanta delivers, this will be a dangerous team.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Excellent first game of the season - result aside obviously. If anything, it will really highlight to this young group how much details matter.

I think it will be important to have that first win soon though, because you do not want too many of those games, particularly early on.

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
LD let in 2 soft goals, he wasn't very good just average. We can't be giving up 40 shots to a team with 5 starters missing. The D made some bad turnovers especially Goose, but he did have 3 assists. The forwards weren't helping out enough on D and weren't supporting the puck to be in the right position for the first pass out of the D zone. This is partly why our D were in a bad spot at times. Many forwards aren't playing a 2 way game. We look great on the rush but they still need to back check and help out our D men.

Agreed. I liked what I saw. Sucks we lost, but if this is our system, it’s going to be an exciting year.
This is a young team. The forwards will get better playing a two-way game. Until then, the D needs to play a little deeper in our zone and stop trying to be too perfect with the outlet passes. It did seem we hit more outlet passes in this game than any game I can think of last year.
Still worried about Louie. If Raanta flops or gets hurt will be a long year.
Can't wait until tomorrow night.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
I liked What Tochett said: something to the effect of , when we have a lead we don't sit back we continue to attack. That line of thinking there is a 180 from last season...

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I liked What Tochett said: something to the effect of , when we have a lead we don't sit back we continue to attack. That line of thinking there is a 180 from last season...
Oddly enough hwsnbnlhdtetf9p said similar things, the team just never actually did it, it was full collapse in front of the net mode. Hopefully we actually see the attack continuing in the future.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Not sure if you watched the game or not, but that is exactly what we did and Tocchet said as much.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I didn't see this mentioned, but in the limited minutes that I saw Duclair on the ice, he played a 200 foot game and seemed responsible in his own end. No coasting, no let up. That makes me at least as happy for him as his goal.

I like Duclair and I thought he would have a bounce back year, but after the preseason I was a little concerned. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Showing up late to this party, and nothing new to add. Aggressiveness and skill was a thing of beauty. Some of the defensive coverage and goaltending mistakes weren't. But generally loving the Rick Tocchet era so far.

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
I was traveling and caught bits of the feed from the NHL app and radio feed. What I saw and heard was great, until the end. I feel like you shouldn't lose games when you score 4; if you do, it should involve getting a point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad