GDT: Game #1: Coyotes @ Devils | Welcome to the Cooley Show | 7:00pm EST (4:00pm MST) | Scripps

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Let's see what Crouse - Cooley- Macceli look like first !
This line against lesser comp (with Kells, Hayts and Schmaltz getting top line attention) is going to be f***in terrifying for the opposition.

4th line changed momentum back in Coyotes favor after the penalty parade....

View attachment 752650

O'Selke!

Enjoyed Nash and McConnell on the Coyotes broadcast....opposites attract. McConnell with an excellent point about Cooley getting the benefit of not going up against the opponents best shut down line/D pairing.
That shot of McBain is beastly. Agreed on him needing more minutes. What a player.

Reactions: Summer Rose

LAIslanderFan

Nov 18, 2010
Los Angeles, CA & Surprise, AZ
I'm on Long Island at the moment (last minute death in the family) and I watched
much of the game when it was rebroadcast (they cut it down to 2 hours). Although I was
very impressed with the Coyotes play, I thought Durzi's defensive play was awful. Not
sure if anyone noticed it. I'm worried he's going to be a real issue going forward.
He was constantly out of position, bad turnovers. I would keep a close eye him.

Of course I'll be at UBS on Tuesday. I hope both teams win.

wbwing

Aug 28, 2014
Anyone else imagine how that game might have gone with a fully formed Simashev back there? Hughes and the rest of that team were super fast and huge load. But with Simashev's skating and reach? A few of those opportunities would have just been nullified.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
I'm on Long Island at the moment (last minute death in the family) and I watched
much of the game when it was rebroadcast (they cut it down to 2 hours). Although I was
very impressed with the Coyotes play, I thought Durzi's defensive play was awful. Not
sure if anyone noticed it. I'm worried he's going to be a real issue going forward.
He was constantly out of position, bad turnovers. I would keep a close eye him.

Of course I'll be at UBS on Tuesday. I hope both teams win.
I noticed him getting beat several times but able to use a poke check or quick move at the last moment to retrieve the puck....I began to wonder if he was intentionally luring the defenders in knowing he had a plan to retain possession

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
DVR Viewing lol
Love the way the team came out firing, lots of smart plays at the blue line on zone entry.
Defense was still a bit shaky but didin't break.

Goal was amazing Keller totally razzle dazzled the D all eyes where on him so Dumba just snuck in.

First PP almost hurt our momentum lol.

Now watching the 2nd period and I'm super impressed with the quality of the puck movement.
I'm not sure I've ever seen a Coyotes team come out this preppared offensively.

Defensively though I still really dont like the makeup of the squad and that 4 on 4 play was a good example.
Even from Moser who's usually pretty steady, with Hughes on the ice his positioning was way too aggresisve.

Maccelli totally robbed.

Defense (leading to penalties taken) and then special teams showing its ass now. Now down 1.
Pkers supper passive and stunned by the Devil's puck control/passing.

Starting 3rd period here, Yotes look to be pooping out a bit but still hanging in there.
Yotes got lucky on a dumb minor in the o-zone by meier. They call that light wack to the hands now most of hte time so sucks for you.

Now we're dump/chase on the PP so that's cool...

Getting edgy now. IMO the Devils have been pretty heavy on the obstruction the 3rd period, a lot of borderline stuff.
Not stuff I'd think should be called typically, but a lot if it.

Vintage takeaway by Schmaltz

So many odd man rushes against. We need to clean this up (long standing problem) or we're not gonna improve really at all in the points column.

Again more minor penaltyish (or in this case very obviously) with the trip on Hayton.
Not sure if this is their rep or not but the Devils play right up to and over the line all night.

Nice dig by Durzi to keep it in on the Pp and reocver that almost broken play down low. Completely lead to the goal by Schmaltz.
Cooley and Schmaltz with a beauty to capitalize.

Maccelli getting way too cute in OT, lost possession.

Yotes get away with a blatant hook/trip thing, refs letting them play now I guess.
Yotes get possession out of it but Keller passes it direclty back to NJ trying to go for a home run pass :facepalm:

Vegggie then bails them out.

Hah, then the Devils trip Cooley and get called. I'd be mad if I were a Devils fan lol after they let Schmaltz's trip go.

Oh well shootout.
Goalie just read Bjugstad totally wrong, nice goal.
Hey we won !

Definitely no panic. That would have been Turtle Time under Tocchet.

DEFEND THE DEFICIT!

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Missed the game, watched highlights only, enjoying the cheers and jeers in this thread. tl;dr tho ... Keller, Schmaltz and Cooley scoring, Dumba and Durzi scoring, team winning? Perfect start.
OT, but are you in harm’s way, my friend?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad