GDT: Game 1 | Columbus at Detroit | 10/4 7:30PM

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
First goal, I'll go with Anderson. I was originally thinking Cam, but someone already picked him so I'll be different.

Happy new year to all. And I look forward to experiencing it with everyone. Through the positives, negatives, trades, and all it should be a fun year. Go Jackets!

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
6-3 CBJ
Panarin x2, Cam, Nuti, Duclair, PLD

Yes, I'm feeling optimistic. The Wings are not good. Plus, they owe me after my only CBJ game in the past 3 years was game 4 last year.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
First goal goes to Korpi. Here's how it's going down:
Score is 0-0, and with 10 seconds left in OT, Detroit has a 3-on-1. After a flurry of passes, Mantha one times a pass.
Korpi not only slides across the crease with a stack pad save, he methodically kicks the puck - sending it 190 feet back down the ice, about 3.5 feet off the ice.
Puck goes top corner. Howard actually makes the save, but the force of the puck pushed his whole body into the net.

*if by some chance this doesn't happen, my 2nd pick for first CBJ goal is Dubinsky. Dude is motivated.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
So you guys really think Murray is gonna get put on the PP and NOT score??

I'm excited to see "PP-QB Murray".

And I still don't think Carlsson is ready for NHL time.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
So you guys really think Murray is gonna get put on the PP and NOT score??

I'm excited to see "PP-QB Murray".

And I still don't think Carlsson is ready for NHL time.

Murray on the PP is not a permanent thing (and it might not even last now), so yeah I'm going to assume he won't score much on the PP.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Also I started a Prediction Thread if anyone wants to participate :) it’s on our main board. Check it outttt frands

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008
Wings stink. 5-2 Jackets.

Murray with the first goal, then gets injured in the celebration and is out until Thanksgiving.

Fourth line only gets six minutes, and we're so tired we lose to Carolina tomorrow.

Reactions: RickS and Halfboard

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Wings stink. 5-2 Jackets.

Murray with the first goal, then gets injured in the celebration and is out until Thanksgiving.

Fourth line only gets six minutes, and we're so tired we lose to Carolina tomorrow.
:D You forgot Wennberg takes 3 shots, and his shoulder falls apart from lack of conditioning:laugh:

Anyway, Pld scores first goal, and I will see you fellows over in the prediction thread.

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
My prediction is the first goal will be scored by a defenseman. Most likely Werenski, but I have a hunch it'll be someone like Savard or Carlsson who then scores at most two more all season.

Reactions: GoJackets1

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Columbus Lineup
DeKeyser-Cholowski
Daley-Sulak
Ericsson-Jensen

Inactive
Frk

Injured
Kronwall

Ericsson is on IR and Witkowski, Hicketts and Hronek all have been called up

I think they said Hicketts and Hronek will play and Jensen and Witkowski healthy scratch with Frk

Panarin will score within the first minute hopefully

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad