Pre-Game Talk: Game #1: Canucks vs. Flames

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
I’ll have to admit:

Even I am mystified by the treatment that Hutton is gettting.

The guy pretty much did everything that was asked of him in the off season. While he didn’t have the greatest training camp in the world, he was better than Pouliot.

I am curious as to what Green’s reasoning is here?

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I’ll have to admit:

Even I am mystified by the treatment that Hutton is gettting.

The guy pretty much did everything that was asked of him in the off season. While he didn’t have the greatest training camp in the world, he was better than Pouliot.

I am curious as to what Green’s reasoning is here?
The game he played Hutton for 30 mins wasn't a reward for his play... it was test for his conditioning and to expose his deficiencies... which it did.

I thought it was a dick move.

This roster decision supports it.

That being said... Hutton needs to improve.

Pouliot's mistakes were put under the microscope and amplified here... fine.. and fair.. but not fairly addressed was the fact he brings an offensive dynamic that Hutton doesn't.

Hutton will have to WORK and battle his way into the D for Green. No secret about it.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
I don’t think the Rypien/Prust fight occurred in that game. That was the night they honoured Luc Bourdon, Burrows scored twice and performed the archer salute, Rypien scored a goal, and Steve Bernier scored and also got into a fight with Dion Phaneuf after the latter hit one of the Twins. Whole building was chanting “BER-NIER! BER-NIER!”. Might have been his best game as a Canuck (insert all downhill from there joke here)

(I was at this game. And it was awesome)

EDIT: Found the highlights:

EDIT: The next game, two nights later, had the Rypien beat down. And one of the best OT goal celebrations ever by Pavol Demitra.

That is insane that the first video got a retroactive 60fps upgrade (uploaded 2009, 60fps implemented on YT in 2014). CanucksHD must have uploaded the clip at an absolutely absurd quality/bitrate. This is probably the third time I've mentioned it - I keep forgetting

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
The game he played Hutton for 30 mins wasn't a reward for his play... it was test for his conditioning and to expose his deficiencies... which it did.

Pouliot's mistakes were put under the microscope and amplified here... fine.. and fair.. but not fairly addressed was the fact he brings an offensive dynamic that Hutton doesn't.

Hutton will have to WORK and battle his way into the D for Green. No secret about it.

I’m so tired of people giving Pouliot a free pass cause he brings an “offensive game”. He had no points in the pre-season. None. And on top of that played some of the worst NHL defense I’ve ever seen.

The fact this org thinks he is more valuable then Hutton, especially paired with Guds(shudders), is an absolute abomination.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing

Good post.

Hutton definitely needs to improve, but so does everyone not named Edler or Tanev.

I just don’t understand this double standard treatment between Hutton and Pouliot. Pouliot was worse than Hutton.

This seems like its beyond “tough love” at this point......and that Green really has it in for Hutton. Green has to be careful to not dip into Mike Keenan territory here.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
If you want veteran leadership do not install a Captain. This will work? I don't think this s how you kickstart a team.

If the team continues to show poor effort Green gotta go.

Benning hasn't been active. Is he waiting to see what the new coach wants? Seriously, WTH?

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I’m so tired of people giving Pouliot a free pass cause he brings an “offensive game”. He had no points in the pre-season. None. And on top of that played some of the worst NHL defense I’ve ever seen.

The fact this org thinks he is more valuable then Hutton, especially paired with Guds(shudders), is an absolute abomination.
Let's chalk it up to the Jr connection.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Two things to point out.
1: Hutton career high in points is higher than pouliots

2: I can’t wait to find out who certain fans on here start praising as amazing ala grandlund a couple years ago when they are spoon fed mins and score at a marginal rate. Even a bad team like ours is gonna get some goals scored I just hope we don’t over inflate whomever gets those for us.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC

Hutton led all D with 14 shots on goal as well. I know, muffins, but it's something.

Pouliot was complete garbage but winterhawks.

Reactions: geebaan

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Two things to point out.
1: Hutton career high in points is higher than pouliots

2: I can’t wait to find out who certain fans on here start praising as amazing ala grandlund a couple years ago when they are spoon fed mins and score at a marginal rate. Even a bad team like ours is gonna get some goals scored I just hope we don’t over inflate whomever gets those for us.

Are you just doing a preemptive strike in case some of our players do well?

Will you do that with players like Pettersson when he's fed PP time.. or is this saved strictly for the roster's damned?

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Paterson pointed out on Twitter that with Gagner gone, that is now four of our top six scorers last year not in the lineup.

That's right, Sam Gagner was our sixth highest scorer last year.

Ummm look over there it's Pettersson!

Reactions: geebaan

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Paterson pointed out on Twitter that with Gagner gone, that is now four of our top six scorers last year not in the lineup.

That's right, Sam Gagner was our sixth highest scorer last year.

Ummm look over there it's Pettersson!
Oh yeah. Right. Yeah, I guess he was, wasn't he? You couldn't make this stuff up if you tried.

Oh, and go Canucks new season and all that.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
At least Willie only had one Vey.

The treatment Pouliot and Leipsic get this year is going to get tiresome really quickly.
I actually really like Leipsic.

Pouliot and Gudbranson should be out for Hutton and Biega if we’re going by actual play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad