Pre-Game Talk: Game #1: Canucks vs. Flames

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Ya so many tickets left for tmr. Kinda surprising.
One thing I've noticed is that crowds never stand up for goals, or if they do it they do it a lot slower.

When we were good everyone would jump out of their seat.

Yes, I still watch 2011 clips.

Reactions: geebaan

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
At least Willie only had one Vey.

The treatment Pouliot and Leipsic get this year is going to get tiresome really quickly.
Lipesic is good stuff, i think he will suprise some people here

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Wohoo!
Finally here... love this time of year.

Key to the game... dont let them score in the first 5 mins or 5 shots of the game. Then we win cuz.. we do!
We explode for 3 goals.

M2Beezy

May 25, 2014
Wohoo!
Finally here... love this time of year.

Key to the game... dont let them score in the first 5 mins or 5 shots of the game. Then we win cuz.. we do!
We explode for 3 goals.
Im hoping a opening night victory too!! A Pettersson game winner would be UN FRICKIN REAL

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
I'm here for Elias.

Travis Green must be a comedian because him having Pouliot and Del Zotto in over Hutton is a joke.

... I'l walk myself out.

Reactions: geebaan

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
The 6 - 0 season opener vs. Calgary where Rick Rypien kicked Brandon Prust's ass was 10 years ago. That must have been a fun GDT (I wouldn't know, I wasn't here yet)

Last edited:

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Sorry, I don't like teams predicated on concepts like puck possession or scoring goals or being good. I also enjoy setting myself on fire while watching hockey games

Reactions: geebaan and timw33

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Going to the game, should be fun.

legit might be the only game I go 2, and since its just game #1 I can cheer haha

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I remember the days when the Canucks led the NHL in consecutive sell-outs. Now it's doubtful they'll even sell out the home opener. The bloom is definitely off the rose with this team and its management group.

DollarAndADream

Feb 27, 2012
It's game 1 of 82, so I'm not going to hate on Green for any Hutton/Pouliot decisions just yet. Let's see how the boys play in the first game of the season that counts.

Would be awesome if Pettersson could get his 1st career goal in his 1st game! Although I'm more rooting for Boeser to score and get some momentum back. He's not in any official goal drought just yet considering that was pre-season, so I'm not worried.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
The 6 - 0 season opener vs. Calgary where Rick Rypien kicked Brandon Prust's ass was 10 years ago. That must have been a fun GDT (I wouldn't know, I wasn't here yet)

I don’t think the Rypien/Prust fight occurred in that game. That was the night they honoured Luc Bourdon, Burrows scored twice and performed the archer salute, Rypien scored a goal, and Steve Bernier scored and also got into a fight with Dion Phaneuf after the latter hit one of the Twins. Whole building was chanting “BER-NIER! BER-NIER!”. Might have been his best game as a Canuck (insert all downhill from there joke here)

(I was at this game. And it was awesome)

EDIT: Found the highlights:

EDIT: The next game, two nights later, had the Rypien beat down. And one of the best OT goal celebrations ever by Pavol Demitra.

Last edited:

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Willie Green=Travis Desjardins.

It's taken awhile but slowly people are starting to realize that Green and his cohorts are a terrible coaching group. The Willie hate (which has endured for years now) blinded far too many here to Green's failings. I'm betting he doesn't last the year...

Reactions: JuniorNelson

M2Beezy

May 25, 2014
It's taken awhile but slowly people are starting to realize that Green and his cohorts are a terrible coaching group. The Willie hate (which has endured for years now) blinded far too many here to Green's failings. I'm betting he doesn't last the year...
I hope your wrong and he can get some life and direction to our young group of future stars

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Sorry, I don't like teams predicated on concepts like puck possession or scoring goals or being good. I also enjoy setting myself on fire while watching hockey games
NK8B3jc.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad