Gally and Gallagher's Domestic Situation :)

HarrySPlinkett

Not a film critic
Feb 4, 2010
Calgary
If you had an extra bedroom you would be willing to let a coworker stay for an undetermined amount of time and your wife/gf would be OK with that?

Well there's 21 guys who could've put them up. I would presume they're cool with it. It's sorta part of the culture of the game, is it not? Crosby may have been the first player to billet with his owner, but he's certainly not the first to bunk up with a teammate. This happens everywhere.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
If you had an extra bedroom you would be willing to let a coworker stay for an undetermined amount of time and your wife/gf would be OK with that?

If it's Gio...pretty sure, just like Lemieux, he has kids and if he really wants to...reap the Harvest, he has found ways of doing it over the years.

Gorges and Plek - put a sock on the door.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
How about using their last names to designate between them? Or their first names?

Or we can call them Mr. Gallagher and Mr. Galchenyuk?

...We don't need your boring input.

I think Gorges really like Gallagher last year at training camp, it was pretty clear to me that when he was ready to make it to the big leagues that Gorges was going to take him under his wing. As for Galchenyuk, I wonder if he'll pair off with a Russian/Czech/other Slavic language speaking player...

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Or we can call them Mr. Gallagher and Mr. Galchenyuk?

...We don't need your boring input.

I think Gorges really like Gallagher last year at training camp, it was pretty clear to me that when he was ready to make it to the big leagues that Gorges was going to take him under his wing. As for Galchenyuk, I wonder if he'll pair off with a Russian/Czech/other Slavic language speaking player...

You remember he was born in Wisconsin right? Erik Cole would be his veteran countryman to pair him with if that was the route we take.

domdo345

Jun 4, 2008

It's usually not only ''an extra bedroom'' that vets like Gionta have. I do not know his situation, but if I had to bet, I'd say it's pretty safe he's gonna have enough place for intimacy with his wife. Plus, Galchenyuk seems like the type of kid really polite and respectful.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil

If the coworker is:

- 18 years old.

- Represents the future of the company.

- Coming to a brand new city.

- Does not have a car.

- A highly recognizable figure where he'd probably get noticed wherever he goes.

Then yeah, I'd be open to it.

HockeyAddict

Nov 7, 2008
on an island
If the coworker is:

- 18 years old.

- Represents the future of the company.

- Coming to a brand new city.

- Does not have a car.

- A highly recognizable figure where he'd probably get noticed wherever he goes.

Then yeah, I'd be open to it.

Well you're a better man than me because if this was requested after I had my contract signed ( without this particular contingency ), I'm not sure I'd be up to it.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
In the dressing room they're calling AGally = Chuckie and BGally = Gally.

BGally earned the nickname because he's been here first :P

LaTenderness*

If I'm Brian ****ing Gionta my wife/gf is OK with whatever I tell her she's OK with

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
If I'm Brian ****ing Gionta my wife/gf is OK with whatever I tell her she's OK with
"But hunny, I don't want another kid staying with us."

"Babe, here's last week's paycheque, go buy 300 pairs of shoes."

"He can have our room!"

hogtownhabsfan*

Well you're a better man than me because if this was requested after I had my contract signed ( without this particular contingency ), I'm not sure I'd be up to it.

And that's why you probably wouldn;t have a letter on your sweater! ;)

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Probably one of the older vets like Cole or Gionta will take responsibility here...we have too many just-married and just-had-their-first-kid players who probably are in no position to babysit a 18 year old. And I really can't see Markov living with an 18 year old.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I think AGally and Gorges could probably wheel girls together if it came down to it.

But no, I think this is a great idea. I remember my first time in Montreal when I was 18... let's just say the kid's gonna need a mentor. :naughty:

vipergtx18*

I vote GallyA and GallyB as ther nicks. heard GallyB said the teams was keeping him with Gally and GallyA was getting Chucky.....Who the hell decided to call Galchenyuk Chucky?????

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Some of you come off as having had horrible roommates and being traumatized by the experience.

And that's ok.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I vote GallyA and GallyB as ther nicks. heard GallyB said the teams was keeping him with Gally and GallyA was getting Chucky.....Who the hell decided to call Galchenyuk Chucky?????

we had/have Kovy, Kosty, Lappy, Plecky, Subby, Gorgy, Marky, Komi, Cammy, now AGally and BGally. We must have the most original fanbase in the league.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
I think AGally and Gorges could probably wheel girls together if it came down to it.

But no, I think this is a great idea. I remember my first time in Montreal when I was 18... let's just say the kid's gonna need a mentor. :naughty:

I moved to Montreal when I was 18, and I almost killed myself within 48 hours.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I moved to Montreal when I was 18, and I almost killed myself within 48 hours.
It happens.. but you pull through.

Seriously though.. all the boys have to get together, call a strip club in advance and tell them to showcase the grossest women they can find that week.. I'm talking like 250 lbs +, stretchmarks, the whole shebang. Then take the boys out for some "nightlife fun" on that particular night, and try to convince them that's the regular scene.

Guaranteed it straightens them out.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Probably one of the older vets like Cole or Gionta will take responsibility here...we have too many just-married and just-had-their-first-kid players who probably are in no position to babysit a 18 year old. And I really can't see Markov living with an 18 year old.

Now that'd make a great sitcom :laugh:

crystal ball

Mar 30, 2007
I don't see why it'd be a big deal for an NHLer to offer a kid a room and some real food. Hundreds of junior billets do it year after year, and they don't have huge houses, rich salaries or maids, for the most part.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad