Gallagher wins it in shoot out. WOoooooooooOOOoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manix58

Jan 14, 2013
This kid is the beast of the east...I can't say enough great things about him...His attitude and drive is better than 90% of the league combined.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
This kid is the beast of the east...I can't say enough great things about him...His attitude and drive is better than 90% of the league combined.

One thing you'll notice about Gallagher, is that he doesn't default to using speed to go around; he also uses quickness and deception to try to sneak/dart through traffic/corners. Skilled players who try to find those straight lines to the net are always handy and often productive, and it's cool to see that from a 20 year old in a 5'8" package. And like you said (in the other sense of the word) his engine works pretty well when he throws it in "D".

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
So I just searching "PK Subban" on Twitter and this comes up. :shakehead

Ryan Duane ‏@rduane15 1h

this kid in my class is wearing a pk subban jersey. why would you ever wear a black hockey players jersey?

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
One thing you'll notice about Gallagher, is that he doesn't default to using speed to go around; he also uses quickness and deception to try to sneak/dart through traffic/corners. Skilled players who try to find those straight lines to the net are always handy and often productive, and it's cool to see that from a 20 year old in a 5'8" package. And like you said (in the other sense of the word) his engine works pretty well when he throws it in "D".
I like how he uses his size to his advantage. There was a moment last game where he and Chara were skating into the corner for a puck. Chara tried to push him into the boards but Gallagher crouched so low he couldn't be moved despite the size/strength difference.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Anybody else excited to see the 24CH episode focusing on this game?

Therrien with the second intermission speech...

"If you guys doesn't respond after what Price did for the team (keeping them within 2 during that god awful second period)... He is not the only one to wear that jersey. He ain't ****ing alone."

:sarcasm:

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
20130328136449165716595.gif

Do you have the angle from behind the net?

Huge goal by PK!!!!!!!!!

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Even Bruins fan and blogger Jimmy Murphy is getting tired of listening to the whining and excuses and the embellishing BS from the Bruins.. :)

Jimmy Murphy ‏@MurphysLaw74

And on a non-related Jarome Iginla topic, can the Bruins stop whining and making excuses? And stop with the embellishing BS! Enough!

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
So I just searching "PK Subban" on Twitter and this comes up. :shakehead

Ryan Duane ‏@rduane15 1h

this kid in my class is wearing a pk subban jersey. why would you ever wear a black hockey players jersey?

You should have seen his mentions on Twitter throughout the game.

lol............

tumblr_mkdnldU2qt1qbi1c9o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mkdnd8C5qX1qbi1c9o1_500.jpg

I wonder if there's any pictures of them after the goal with 8 seconds left and Gallagher's shootout goal. ;)

Gros Bonhomme

Benoit Brunet #1 Fan
Jan 21, 2011
Montreal
You should have seen his mentions on Twitter throughout the game.

I wonder if there's any pictures of them after the goal with 8 seconds left and Gallagher's shootout goal. ;)

Judging by the players on the ice in the back and the empty stands... I think thats post-game lol.

EDIT: nvm.. looks like pre-game warmups.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Not sure if this has been discussed before but... did anybody notice Lucic last night? I sure didn't.

I've watched a few Bruins games this year and IMO he hasn't been very involved in many of these games at all.. He doesn't look anything like the player he was in his first 2 or 3 seasons hitting everything and scoring goals. He's got quite an expensive price tag next year @ 6 million too and if I was Bruins management I'd be expecting much more out of him for that price than what he's bringing now.

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009
Absolutely astonished we came out of the 2nd to tie and won in the shootout. That was possibly the worst 2nd period of this season. I have never seen so many blatant and severe defensive lapses in a single period before. Defensive mistakes that leave known goal scorers all by themselves in the slot for over 5 seconds a piece.

Good call to put Budaj in net after the 2nd. Team needed a wake up call and it ended up working. I hope our second period performances get better come playoff time, otherwise it's going to cost us important games.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Not sure if this has been discussed before but... did anybody notice Lucic last night? I sure didn't.

I noticed him twice: when Subban nearly crushed him with that open ice hit and when he stood there leisurely skating while Gally put the Habs 4th goal of the game into a wide open net.

On the first play, I was seriously surprised by his non reaction to Subban almost crushing him. Once upon a time even a near miss like that would turn him into a raging animal. He would've punched Subban in the head or cross-checked him.

On the 2nd, I was surprised by his lack of work ethic. He was in position to backcheck on Gally and at least apply pressure once it was obvious his D was in trouble. He just stood there.

He's a big guy. He should be out there forechecking hard, going to the net, causing confusion in the crease, being physical. There is definitely a lack of passion and energy in his game right now. He's always been slow, so maybe he just can't keep up with the play.

He's looking a lot like the next Dustin Penner rather than the next great power forward. I don't know maybe there is something that's going on with him, but he has been a non-factor in all 3 Bruins-Habs games.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Lucic hurt you guys think?

I'm placing my money on abdominal surgery in the off season, same as Rene Bourque.

He was the most timid player in the world last season and this season when it was fixed up he came out flying and was a different player.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
Lucic hurt you guys think?

I'm placing my money on abdominal surgery in the off season, same as Rene Bourque.

He was the most timid player in the world last season and this season when it was fixed up he came out flying and was a different player.

No, he's just lazy, and out of shape.

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
for a second there i thought i was on the boston board........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................who gives a flying rats rearend about lucas anyway.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
for a second there i thought i was on the boston board........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................who gives a flying rats rearend about lucas anyway.

Chill, was just curious what people thought. I prefer him playing like a garbage can.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013

We all will come Sochi this winter.

That is why I have a hard time hating him.

I can't see him not being on team Canada next year... But that's a thread in itself. Too soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad