Post-Game Talk: Gallagher!!!! Habs shock Blues with seconds left, 3-2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
When they beat the Pens twice, I thought that they played great, just about as good as they can play.

Last night, they could have played better in many areas... but they still won against a big strong team.

I'm happy that they found a way to win when not they were not firing on all cylinders. Last year, they would have lost that game easily.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I love seeing teammates stick up for one another. Brings everyone closer together
Agreed, and then of course, winning does the same!! Right now, this seems like a tight group, that all know they have no stars, and have to plug into the coach's message. It is working, much to alot of people's surprise...zero expectations are also helping. No pressure on anyone...

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
Not really. Hughes is coming up this very draft. Having him-Kotka man our top 2 lines could be good enough.

Even if we draft Hughes, Hughes-Kotka, as much as i love both, its nowhere near Crosby-Malkin... I think we should look to find another way to be a cup conteder, because if you want to absolutely go the 2 Elite C way, you need alot of luck on top of finishing bottom of the league. The league is in constant evolution and the recipe to be a cup champion is always changing, the Devils won a few cups in the 90s with Elite Goalie and amazing defense, i would say lets be ahead of the curve for once and find the new way to be a cup contender without that Malkin-Crosby type of 1-2 punch. Maybe Vegas had something last year with the hyper high tempo game and a great team chemistry but of course you need Enough high end talent also.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
he was ok, went from taking penalties to drawing them ( two, both were pretty soft transgressions, one looked he just fell). He had a couple of good chances, he's young and will make mistakes but I like that we are not putting the " your the 1C now" pressure on him.

I thought he would get his 9 and that would be it. Now, I'm not so sure he isnt here to stay.
He also caused all of HF Habs to shout "SHOOT!!!" at the TV on the 2 on 1.

Sadly, he didn't listen.

Reactions: peate

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
I agree, they took the foot off the pedal holding onto the lead, but they started applying pressure again once the Blues tied it, good to see they're capable of turning it around.

I think THEY HAVE to learn to hold onto a lead because no team can play high octane for 60 minutes in 82 games. So given that they will lose some when they'll be completely Off or overmatched, win some when all will be going right, then they must learn to win some when they don't have their full energy level. That would be the difference between playoffs or not.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Even if we draft Hughes, Hughes-Kotka, as much as i love both, its nowhere near Crosby-Malkin... I think we should look to find another way to be a cup conteder, because if you want to absolutely go the 2 Elite C way, you need alot of luck on top of finishing bottom of the league. The league is in constant evolution and the recipe to be a cup champion is always changing, the Devils won a few cups in the 90s with Elite Goalie and amazing defense, i would say lets be ahead of the curve for once and find the new way to be a cup contender without that Malkin-Crosby type of 1-2 punch. Maybe Vegas had something last year with the hyper high tempo game and a great team chemistry but of course you need Enough high end talent also.
Except they didn't win the Cup.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I am good either way but I think the coaches believe he is good enough to help the team now.
You may be right but I'm thinking he could be of more help to the team in the future if they allow him to take one step back. At the beginning of all this I was opened to the possibility of keeping him. Today, I see he has a lot to work on and I don't know if he can do it here.

Then again MB might be John Herdman lite:sarcasm:. He has 6 teenagers on the national soccer team and the team looks great

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
You may be right but I'm thinking he could be of more help to the team in the future if they allow him to take one step back. At the beginning of all this I was opened to the possibility of keeping him. Today, I see he has a lot to work on and I don't know if he can do it here.

Then again MB might be John Herdman lite:sarcasm:. He has 6 teenagers on the national soccer team and the team looks great
I think both Kotkaniemi and Mete could use more seasoning but I think Julien plans on keeping him. I am an armchair expert so who the heck knows? :)

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I am good either way but I think the coaches believe he is good enough to help the team now.
As do I. A talent like that doesn't come around very often and he doesn't look out of place at all, not intimidated in the least and he's creating things every time he touches the puck. Why would you not want him around?

Reactions: Tyson

ROEN

Writes for Habsworld
Feb 18, 2008
www.habsworld.net
We would get a really good d at that spot... another Sergachev.

Anyone notice his play so far, I wonder if he'll hit 40 points again, they have him on the ice for about 15 minutes every game and I think he's gonna be quarterbacking that insane powerplay sooner or later.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
Except they didn't win the Cup.

Well they were 2 games away so with an improve version of their recipe it might be good enough. If they get a quality d-man(Mcdonagh) instead of Tatar(no need for him),and with the price they paid they could have, i'm not sure they wouldnt won the cup.

Most of you seems to think that what Vegas did last year was pretty much all luck and that its not a model to follow, i think the opposite, their was alot of things that this team was doing that we should try to copy.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
I really have to pay attention to jersey numbers this year.

Last year when you saw a little guy working his ass off driving the net it was No 11 and maybe 41.

I see that this year and it might be 11, or 13, or 90, 0r 41, or 24, or 62 or even 92 sometimes.

I always said what I wouldn't give to have a team with 3 Gallaghers on it, This year so far there have been 3+ every night.

With work ethic like that I will gladly watch each game win or lose.

Reactions: Routs and Redux91

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Thanks Montreal for putting us one step closer to firing our coach and getting rid of his stupid man-on-man schemes and amazing 5-on-5 play.

The fact that you guys played that badly and kept it close is indicative of the talent level on the blues. They'll figure it out.

It's also ironic that Parayko was probably the best D on your team last night and made one mistake that cost the game...

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Bergevin trying to further destroy Galchenyuks' reputation in Montreal by putting his number onto Alzner - its just vicious and uncalled for

as much as I dislike lolzner as a player, his statements about not liking being benched but his attitude to own it and to not sulk or pout ( cough cough casperetty) was super good to hear. no NHL team will ever be a true meritocracy but the closer we can approach it the better.

That being said, I hope that the brass don't think that since they played him last night that they can't sit him out again. I hope it lit the fire under him to become a better player. We don't need or expect chara 2.0, but we cannot abide another lolzner 1.0.

Reactions: Hot Dog Water Shaw

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
I think Kulak should replace Benn or Ouellet

Its a bit early but it will happem eventually

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad