Proposal: Gallagher for Ovechkin, would you do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LastChancePrice

Dec 12, 2004
Last night me and my friend were talking about hockey, and we both came inot this subject about if the trade proposal of Gallagher for Ovechkin would happen, we got different opinion.

I personally would never do that trade. I think Gallagher give more to this team than Ovechkin would. Sure we are talking about a 50 goals scorer, but finishing at -35 show that hes not giving his team a chance of winning. He think on his side that a player like Ovechkin could be more valuable because of all the goals he can score.

So, what do you think, would you do the trade?

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
As much as i love Gallagher it would be extremely dumb not to

Ovechkin >>>>>>>>> Gallagher

SH8WTIME

Apr 20, 2014
Montreal
Please tell me this is a joke. +/- is so overrated. If Ovechkin scores 4 pp goals in a game and is on the ice for one of the other team goal, he finishes the game -1 even if he is the reason is team wins 4-1. I would give 3 Gallagher to have have Ovy in my team. We are taking about the best (or one of the best) sniper in the NHL.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Last night me and my friend were talking about hockey, and we both came inot this subject about if the trade proposal of Gallagher for Ovechkin would happen, we got different opinion.

I personally would never do that trade. I think Gallagher give more to this team than Ovechkin would. Sure we are talking about a 50 goals scorer, but finishing at -35 show that hes not giving his team a chance of winning. He think on his side that a player like Ovechkin could be more valuable because of all the goals he can score.

say whaaaaaaat ? :facepalm:

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
1391108321973.gif

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Ovechkin is an all-star with the arguably best scoring touch in the league, and Gallagher isn't. It's as simple as that.

CaptainBenn

Sep 8, 2012
Lol is that a joke...
if Gallagher ever gets seriously injured (I hope he wont) people on this board will be the first ones to call him a smurf/useless a la Desharnais

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

Do not go to the main board with this one...k ;)

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
No thanks, Ovechkin would be the worst disruptive player to team chemistry we could unleash on our team! Hell no!:nod::nod:

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Yes, without a second thought. I'd feel sad about it though.

Ovechkin has a legion of flaws, he's also the best goalscorer in hockey by a considerable margin, and a generational talent. He also wouldn't be the captain and the source of all hope the way he is in Washington.

Look at how someone like Vanek was able to improve our offense, imagine what Ovechkin would do.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Well, Ovechkin's contract would at least give me pause enough to check into his status first, dispel any KHL rumours, interview him and get a sense of his commitment level to the Habs. It's not exactly a slam dunk that you take on $70M without doing at least a little homework first. The player value isn't the point; there's a certain level of due diligence that ought to be considered unavoidable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad