Gallagher cheap shot fine/suspension worthy?

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
As long as they are "running around" and not "slowly shuffling around" I'm not sure there os anything Chara could do to stop it.

I bet the internet would confirm that theory.
I bet the Habs would love to have Chara patrolling their blue line. Especially after watching their blue line in action tonight.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
9GDxFVw.gif

How many did Lucic get for this?

Clode

Aug 2, 2012
Derry, NH
As long as they are "running around" and not "slowly shuffling around" I'm not sure there os anything Chara could do to stop it.

I bet the internet would confirm that theory.

Maybe not during play but all Chara has to do is wait til after the whistle to grab Domi and start feeding him and there is nobody on the Habs that could stop that.

Last edited:

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Should earn him a game. The fact that he gets up and throws his arms up in the air as if to act like he's done nothing wrong on the play is just disgusting. What a gutless puke.

Clode

Aug 2, 2012
Derry, NH
Weber and Deslaurier?

Kevan Miller did pretty well with Deslauriers when they fought a few years ago so I would think an angry Chara would handle Deslauriers just fine.

And I don't think Weber would do much better, yea hes strong so maybe he wrestles him down but his fight card is incredibly unimpressive. Toughest guy hes ever fought was Travis Moen and he got dummied.

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
It should have been a penalty, I haven't seen anyone get suspended for that though. Unless they changed the rules without me knowing, they could possibly take a look at it and tell him not to do that anymore. That's probably about it.

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
Marchand got 2 games for this. The precedent has been set.

But let's be reality, the league won't suspend a Hab.

Marchand has done bullshit like this too many times to count. Let's not compare apples with oranges. But yea, that was cheap. Any time a player does stuff like this, I lose some respect for them.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
bruins fans whining about nutshots?

well now ive seen everything...

Bruins fans complaining about anything! Dirtiest team in the league currently. They get away with murder in the playoffs and have the dirtiest rat in Marchand.
I am not a big fan of Vancouver but the way they assaulted them in the Finals was criminal. Bruins complaining about "cheap shots" and the rest of the league rolls their eyes.

Dude licked a guy. End of story.

Nick Hansen

Sep 28, 2017
Fine maybe but it looks like the Boston defender took matters into his own hands with two well-deserved crosschecks any way. Move on.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
People only care when the Bruins are the perpetrators. Doubt anything comes of it.
Is he wearing a Capitals #43? If so he’ll be suspended 20GMs for just lacin em up.
So as to your assertion that people only care when it’s the Bruins, get over yourself.

I just wonder has Marchand ever done anything to anyone? This might just be that old bugger karma.

But Gallagher deserved to get tuned up, no argument there.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Fine maybe but it looks like the Boston defender took matters into his own hands with two well-deserved crosschecks any way. Move on.
Miller should have just doubled-down on the stupid and arbitrary nature of the DOPS and just cross-checked him somewhere above the shoulder crests on his jersey and dared the league to suspend him without suspending Gallagher.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad