Confirmed with Link: Gallagher and Niku have entered the NHL’s COVID-19 protocol

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Then play them. Norlinder is scratched, and Caufield gets little ice. If you're going to use them like that then ya, I rather they go to AHL.

Don't know anything about Laf and the Rangers. Seen him play like twice.

I get your point but there is context that you and I probably don't know of. And you're basically saying both the Rangers and Habs don't know what they are doing with Caufield, Norlinder, Romanov, Lafreniere, and Lundkvist. All of them are being groomed with limited minutes and getting PP time at the same time. And I'm sure other teams are doing the same with their young players.

Are the Canes dumb for playing Kotkaniemi 12 min a game on the bottom 6? Cause that's what you and others said when we were doing the same exact thing with KK when he was with us. It can't be that these young players need to be groomed along with opportunity here and there right?

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Was a matter of time, so many players around the league are getting hit with this and so far I think Ottawa and the Islanders have had to reschedule games...Less and less of a chance we see NHLers at the Olympics.

Reactions: KotkaZuki

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Are the Canes dumb for playing Kotkaniemi 12 min a game on the bottom 6?
No because they have better players and are one of the leagues best teams with amazing depth.

It's arguable whether the habs have better players and they are one of the league's worst teams.

Reactions: Miller Time

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
No because they have better players and are one of the leagues best teams with amazing depth.

It's arguable whether the habs have better players and they are one of the league's worst teams.

* Necas is playing on the top line
* Jarvis is 2nd line
* Why is KK not in the 2nd line LW spot instead of Fast?
* Teravainen is playing "3rd line" o_O

What I see is a different strategy at 5/5 vs on the PP. Caufield is getting PP time and his game is build on time and space. I might manage it a little differently yes but I don't see major issues.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
* Necas is playing on the top line
* Jarvis is 2nd line
* Why is KK not in the 2nd line LW spot instead of Fast?
* Teravainen is playing "3rd line" o_O

What I see is a different strategy at 5/5 vs on the PP. Caufield is getting PP time and his game is build on time and space. I might manage it a little differently yes but I don't see major issues.
I don't care how the Canes manage their players. It's irrelevant to the way the habs manage their players. Whataboutisms just reinforce how poor your argument is.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don't care how the Canes manage their players. It's irrelevant to the way the habs manage their players. Whataboutisms just reinforce how poor your argument is.

It's not irrelevant cause fans in our herd think they are a better coach than Ducharme and other teams like the Canes and Rangers and other teams as well.

I don't have a poor argument when I point out how other teams manage their youth the same way.

You and others think that good development is playing youth and letting them struggle more and more. There are many example of how teams send players to the AHL and if they stay, they get PP time but reduced 5/5 time. It's all over the place if you care to look and consider the small step grooming process.

CaptnNemo

Nov 4, 2016

"Has off right now"

Renaud's brain is definitely off right now. :laugh:

Maybe this is what he ment by no symptoms?

asr.jpg

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I get your point but there is context that you and I probably don't know of. And you're basically saying both the Rangers and Habs don't know what they are doing with Caufield, Norlinder, Romanov, Lafreniere, and Lundkvist. All of them are being groomed with limited minutes and getting PP time at the same time. And I'm sure other teams are doing the same with their young players.

Are the Canes dumb for playing Kotkaniemi 12 min a game on the bottom 6? Cause that's what you and others said when we were doing the same exact thing with KK when he was with us. It can't be that these young players need to be groomed along with opportunity here and there right?

What context regarding Caufield or Norlinder are you referring to? Both are arguably our best prospects and they're being yoyoed. It has rarely ever worked for us. We've seen it time and time again. You'd think they'd have learned by now.

Again, I don't know what they're doing elsewhere but ya, wouldn't be surprising they also are doing it wrong, just like plenty of other teams make terrible hires. Scratching prospects also is a widely practiced method, and I think 99% it's useless.
I will say this though, the Rangers and Canes are PO teams who need to win, so a short leash on younger players makes sense.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
It's not irrelevant cause fans in our herd think they are a better coach than Ducharme and other teams like the Canes and Rangers and other teams as well.

I don't have a poor argument when I point out how other teams manage their youth the same way.

You and others think that good development is playing youth and letting them struggle more and more. There are many example of how teams send players to the AHL and if they stay, they get PP time but reduced 5/5 time. It's all over the place if you care to look and consider the small step grooming process.
Don't you get tired of supporting every decision of a team that has been bad for the last 7 years, has seen its management team gutted as a result, and has had its owner question its drafting and development?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
What context regarding Caufield or Norlinder are you referring to? Both are arguably our best prospects and they're being yoyoed. It has rarely ever worked for us. We've seen it time and time again. You'd think they'd have learned by now.

Again, I don't know what they're doing elsewhere but ya, wouldn't be surprising they also are doing it wrong, just like plenty of other teams make terrible hires. Scratching prospects also is a widely practiced method, and I think 99% it's useless.
I will say this though, the Rangers and Canes are PO teams who need to win, so a short leash on younger players makes sense.

You don't know what they do elsewhere but you think you know how to manage a roster better than our coach who manages similarly to what other teams do with their youth. Let that sink in.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Don't you get tired of supporting every decision of a team that has been bad for the last 7 years, has seen its management team gutted as a result, and has had its owner question its drafting and development?

Not tired cause I don't support every decision. Flawed narrative and very weak. You basically look at where I agree and ignore where I disagree with management and then think I agree with everything as a result. Very disinengeous

Remember when I said to our fans that you should be nervous that you agree with Bergevin on letting Danault walk? I must have said that a few times and I know you are here enough to have seen it. Where were you then when I was criticizing Bergevin? :sarcasm:

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Not tired cause I don't support every decision. Flawed narrative and very weak. You basically look at where I agree and ignore where I disagree with management and then think I agree with everything. Very disinengeous
You're defending the methods of an organization who can't develop. Something recognized by their owner. A development system that has resulted in no impact nhlers since 2011.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

No. We simply have seen this methodology play out time and time again here and we know it doesn't yield great results.
Heck, Max Pacioretty publicly stated what fans were already saying ''if you're going to use me (him) on the 4th line, keep me in the AHL instead''. Guess he thought he knew better too? Hey, maybe he did.

Bottom line, Caufield and Norlinder are offensive minded players. Caufield needs to be filling up the net regularly to gain confidence. He's got 9 goals in the NHL over 46 total games, like...why is here honestly.
Wtf are you talking about?

Fans want players to be used in their roles. A guy like Caufield is going to be a top 6 player. If he's going to be on the team, use them with top 6 guys and feed him offensive opportunities.
If he doesn't respond well to that, then send him down and keep him there for a sustained amount of time, don't call him up because he scored 2 goals in 6 games.

Stop being a contrarian and yes man.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
You don't know what they do elsewhere but you think you know how to manage a roster better than our coach who manages similarly to what other teams do with their youth. Let that sink in.

We are talking about Caufield and Norlinder. Focus.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You're defending the methods of an organization who can't develop. Something recognized by their owner. A development system that has resulted in no impact nhlers since 2011.

I see development issues differently than others and I have my own context on it. Not going to keep repeating myself.

We have a new management that Molson will have them focused on better drafting and development. The old management is gone so your post means nothing about this point moving forward. Do you not believe the new management will be different?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The Canes are an elite team, they don't have Kotkaniemi playing behind Nate Thompson.

KK could be playing in Fast spot though. And the Habs were a better team last year and we still managed KK like the Canes are doing this year.

I believe Gorton has to choose a direction and start to sell while he reviews the direction with Ducharme and they get on the same page with how to manage our current youth

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Meanwhile Caufield is practicing on the 4th line with Perreault and Pezzetta and Norlinder is likely to be scratched for Kulak. Unbelievable...
Yeah... this is da right way to coach. Caufield on the 4th line made me throw up a little.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad