Confirmed with Link: Gallagher and Niku have entered the NHL’s COVID-19 protocol

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
It was a matter of time.....same for every team.
But hey, good thing we're not trying to win anything right now.

Play some kids more.

Reactions: lee0099

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Meanwhile Caufield is practicing on the 4th line with Perreault and Pezzetta and Norlinder is likely to be scratched for Kulak. Unbelievable...

If you want Caufield playing top minutes at the top of the line-up, send him to the AHL. In the NHL, he has to become a better 200' player and it's a process. I do think he should be placed with Suzuki and Toffoli but I also don't watch practice and see all the little issues in his game that he needs to improve on.

Rangers have Lafreniere playing 3rd line and 13 min a game. Caufield is averaging 14 min a game. Both are getting PP time. I don't see a problem here with the young prospects who are trying to learn the NHL time and space with more physical players challenge.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
If you want Caufield playing top minutes at the top of the line-up, send him to the AHL. In the NHL, he has to become a better 200' player and it's a process. I do think he should be placed with Suzuki and Toffoli but I also don't watch practice and see all the little issues in his game that he needs to improve on.

Rangers have Lafreniere playing 3rd line and 13 min a game. Caufield is averaging 14 min a game. Both are getting PP time. I don't see a problem here with the young prospects who are trying to learn the NHL time and space with more physical players challenge.
Other than losing confidence....which is everything

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
It was expected since playing against the Penguins that had just played against the Islanders (frankly I expected that Tuesday or something)

Goalfield22

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
Play Caufield with Pezzetta and Poehling. Let Suzuki play with some vets. I was fine with them recalling Caufield, but putting him right back with Suzuki, which just isn't working for either of them, is frustrating.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Just send those kids down for f*** sake. They never understand. God I hope the new admin will be different.

I would not hold your breath on that. If we get the rebuild you and many of us want, we will have to play them (kind of like the Sens). Then you have to consider spoiling them with top minutes and ignoring mistakes on the job which can be negative to development when you try to be hard on them later for areas of play without the puck.

Do you think the Rangers should send Lafreniere down to the AHL? His time on ice is very close to Caufield. Lafreniere has 6 pts in 21 games and Caufield has 3 pts in 16 games. Both are getting PP minutes. I don't see major issues here.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'm ok with them playing some of the young guys. The ones that are ready. Clearly, Caulfield isn't. Let's face it, he may never be. That's a real possibility. His size just works against him.

In many cases, you need talent to play with talent and when I say talent, that could be a guy like Caufield who is soft playing with a talented center who is physically strong and can carry the puck for more than 20'.

Caufield is drowning on our roster cause we have way too many soft types who can't carry the puck or win a puck battle. That's why it looks different for Caufield this year. We have to surround him better and we don't have the tools for it at the moment.

Reactions: iamtalbot

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Play Caufield with Pezzetta and Poehling. Let Suzuki play with some vets. I was fine with them recalling Caufield, but putting him right back with Suzuki, which just isn't working for either of them, is frustrating.

Suzuki is not working with vets too. We have soft forward and puck possession issues. It's worse than it was before last season.

There are several players trying things they normally don't try. Gallagher and Petry are struggling at being leaders and Suzuki has little talent to work with. When I say talent, I mean guys that have vision but can skate and help lessen the burden of Suzuki being a puck possession beast which he is not.

Issues all over the place and no solutions in sight.

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
Meanwhile Caufield is practicing on the 4th line with Perreault and Pezzetta and Norlinder is likely to be scratched for Kulak. Unbelievable...
why is it in MTL we must treat most rookies this way? I get that he isn't tearing it up but enough with the mind games...someone please get this coach out of here as well..I thought this guy was supposed to be good with kids?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I would not hold your breath on that. If we get the rebuild you and many of us want, we will have to play them (kind of like the Sens). Then you have to consider spoiling them with top minutes and ignoring mistakes on the job which can be negative to development when you try to be hard on them later for areas of play without the puck.

Do you think the Rangers should send Lafreniere down to the AHL? His time on ice is very close to Caufield. Lafreniere has 6 pts in 21 games and Caufield has 3 pts in 16 games. Both are getting PP minutes. I don't see major issues here.

Then play them. Norlinder is scratched, and Caufield gets little ice. If you're going to use them like that then ya, I rather they go to AHL.

Don't know anything about Laf and the Rangers. Seen him play like twice.

Goalfield22

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
Suzuki is not working with vets too. We have soft forward and puck possession issues. It's worse than it was before last season.

There are several players trying things they normally don't try. Gallagher and Petry are struggling at being leaders and Suzuki has little talent to work with. When I say talent, I mean guys that have vision but can skate and help lessen the burden of Suzuki being a puck possession beast which he is not.

Issues all over the place and no solutions in sight.

Didn't Suzuki have his best stretch with Hoffman and Gallagher when Caufield was in the AHL this year? Legit question.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I'm ok with them playing some of the young guys. The ones that are ready. Clearly, Caulfield isn't. Let's face it, he may never be. That's a real possibility. His size just works against him.
Either play him in the role you see him in, ie top 6, or send him down.

Reactions: LaP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad