Speculation: Galiardi - Keep him or deal him?

Aug 3, 2010
Been said before but he isn't playing great and hasn't much value. Hope he can improve his on-ice play/work with the coaching staff.

Really dislike the fact that we have a real, consistent diver. Not a Burke-type player. not my kind of player, not a Flames kind of player IMO. It can be ironed out I'm sure, but it's disrespectful to the sport.

Goodlad

Jan 15, 2013
Been said before but he isn't playing great and hasn't much value. Hope he can improve his on-ice play/work with the coaching staff.

Really dislike the fact that we have a real, consistent diver. Not a Burke-type player. not my kind of player, not a Flames kind of player IMO. It can be ironed out I'm sure, but it's disrespectful to the sport.
You're probably right. I remember Blair Jones had a few beauties when we first acquired him. I have seen any sign of it since his recall, so maybe it's something that can be worked on with Galiardi.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
Probably one of the better forecheckers on the team, which is what he was used for in San Jose. As the season has gone on he's been pretty bad at turning over the puck, but I think that's a result of him trying to do too much. Keep him.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
I'd rather deal him at the deadline and callup Ferland for the remainder of the season.

I wouldn't. Ferland has had roughly 20 good pro games in the past two seasons. That's not enough for me to be comfortable that he'll be able to move into the NHL without completely floundering. To me he looks like the very definition of a prospect you want to move along slowly. I'd say at least the rest of this season in the AHL, and probably a chunk of next season, unless he's mind-blowing at camp.

fallsviewafro*

If someone wants to throw a 3rd at us, cool. Otherwise keep him for now

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Since we are likely going to be unloading a bunch of pending UFAs or at least trying to, it only makes sense to keep him since he is still an RFA this summer.

JulianHopper*

With Glencross out now again you have to play Galiardi. Maybe he'll play better now that he's sat out a few games.

Unless the Flames make a trade, who else do they have?

Galiardi is also a RFA at the end of this season so play him if you're paying him.

I would recall Greg Nemisz and/or Michael Ferland. See what those guys can do and how they play in the NHL.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
With Glencross out now again you have to play Galiardi. Maybe he'll play better now that he's sat out a few games.

Unless the Flames make a trade, who else do they have?

Galiardi is also a RFA at the end of this season so play him if you're paying him.

I would recall Greg Nemisz and/or Michael Ferland. See what those guys can do and how they play in the NHL.

Blair Jones is available. Nemisz is another interesting option if we wanted to give him a try. Hanowski might be an option. But I agree, it should be Galiardi for now unless he really does something bad.

JulianHopper*

Blair Jones is available. Nemisz is another interesting option if we wanted to give him a try. Hanowski might be an option. But I agree, it should be Galiardi for now unless he really does something bad.

Blair Jones was a scratch yesterday.

I think the Flames should use some of the guys in Abbotsford if they're going to be sitting out Blair Jones and TJ Galiardi.

I would put Max Reinhart back into the lineup rather than these two.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Blair Jones was a scratch yesterday.

I think the Flames should use some of the guys in Abbotsford if they're going to be sitting out Blair Jones and TJ Galiardi.

I would put Max Reinhart back into the lineup rather than these two.

Blair Jones was a scratch yesterday, but that was when Glencross was available. Without Glencross, we don't know who the organization thinks is the next guy down the depth chart right now. My money's on Galiardi.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad