Speculation: Galiardi - Keep him or deal him?

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Galiardi a healthy scratch again tonight, hasn't been great this year, and IMO, has been a pretty big disappointment. With several wingers doing really well in the AHL, would moving Galiardi at the deadline be a smart move?

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Trade him, when guys like B.Jones, Byron, Street have all shown to be at least effective and probably more deserving than Galiardi. I'd also like to trade D.Jones if we could.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Keep him until Glencross comes back. Let him play a little to elevate his trade value, it's gotta be pretty dam low right now.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I'm in favour of keeping him, even though I don't like his diving. He's no worse than Blair Jones, and when our injuries mount up again and we trade some vets, we'll need wingers.

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
I just seen truculence and voted, but we should probably keep him, he competes.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Why? Rather keep Galiardi than call-up Ferland. Ferland is doing great...why stop it and call him up. It wouldn't benefit him at all.

Which is why I would call him up.

@ Huds, I agree Hanowski deserves a callup soon, as does Knight. I think Byron will plateau at some point and I would like to see Hanowski called up then. I would rotate guys like Byron, Hankowski, Knight and Ferland throughout the remainder of the season. Dealing Galliardi would create about 2 opens spots on the big team to do this.

I would keep Sven down on the Heat for the remainder of the season unless he absolutely torches the AHL.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Keep him. At $1.25M, it's not like he's a burden on our cap and he's an RFA at the end of the season anyways. While he has more off nights than on, he wants to be here.

Let it ride out and hopefully he'll find his groove back like Stella.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
They'll be plenty of time for call-ups after the deadline. The Heat are doing so well and are already depleted. I don't see the point in rushing things to help the Flames in a rebuilding year.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Keep him. At $1.25M, it's not like he's a burden on our cap and he's an RFA at the end of the season anyways. While he has more off nights than on, he wants to be here.

Let it ride out and hopefully he'll find his groove back like Stella.

Every prospect on the Heat want to be here. In fact given the way the players talk about Hartley and the team it sounds everyone wants to be here, just wanting to be here isn't enough when your not effective.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
If he has a strong couple months, he could generate some interest at the deadline. He's a nice depth guy for a playoff run. I just don't see him having a spot next year.

Goodlad

Jan 15, 2013
I'm in favour of keeping him, even though I don't like his diving. He's no worse than Blair Jones, and when our injuries mount up again and we trade some vets, we'll need wingers.
I can't stand the diving. That alone would be enough for me to want him off the team. Beyond that, his play reminds me all too much of Comeau. Lots of hustle with little direction and no finish.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad