Galchenyuk's goal against the Leafs

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Everybody wearing blue are pylons:

well, you guys didn't look that good on this play. Michalek glides casually and completely blows his coverage of Galchenyuk. Rielly then looses position on Radulov who makes a seated assist. How do you explain Marner's contribution to that play? Why is 6'4 Marincin boxed out by Danault in his own blue paint?

Andersen's contract:

that's really just one person's opinion. I suspect there is also an element of humour in that post that has escaped you. The trick is to ignore the white noise

That was only the first page, i'm sure if I felt like reading the thread again I could pull more over the top reactions, but I'm good.

Players get walked and look stupid on plays all the time, the fact that this happened in pre season just makes all the over-reactions that much more hilarious.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
After reading through this thread I've come to the conclusion that Galchenyuk should win the Hart based on that goal alone, and the Leafs should be relegated to the ECHL.

Lol [mod]

Nobody in here is suggesting even slightest that Galchenyuk should win the hart or that he is some generational talent. All everyone is saying is the truth: that it was a really nice goal, and complimenting him on it. What is wrong with that? You obviously can't just put your sour grapes aside and just give credit where it is due, so you resort to bashing and making sarcastic remarks. So transparent and sad.

Last edited by a moderator:

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
That was only the first page, i'm sure if I felt like reading the thread again I could pull more over the top reactions, but I'm good.

Players get walked and look stupid on plays all the time, the fact that this happened in pre season just makes all the over-reactions that much more hilarious.

Or maybe it's just that it was a habs player that did it to your team that is making you a bit uneasy.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Lol [mod]

Nobody in here is suggesting even slightest that Galchenyuk should win the hart or that he is some generational talent. All everyone is saying is the truth: that it was a really nice goal, and complimenting him on it. What is wrong with that? You obviously can't just put your sour grapes aside and just give credit where it is due, so you resort to bashing and making sarcastic remarks. So transparent and sad.

:facepalm: Read again.

I've said plenty of times it was a sexy goal. And if that's your actual interpretation of this thread, then you should probably learn to read all over again.
Lots of degrading and over reactions. How will Rielly and Andersen ever go out in public again?

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Or maybe it's just that it was a habs player that did it to your team that is making you a bit uneasy.

It'd be similar to a thread being made when Matthews walked Sergachev.. then countless following replies about how much a pylon he is, or how the habs should be counting down the days until his ELC is over. I'm sure Habs fans would have a laugh at the stupidity too :)

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
It'd be similar to a thread being made when Matthews walked Sergachev.. then countless following replies about how much a pylon he is, or how the habs should be counting down the days until his ELC is over. I'm sure Habs fans would have a laugh at the stupidity too :)

Had Matthews scored, there almost certainly would have been a thread, and the accompanying comments.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
[mod]

Nice goal regardless of it being preseason or not. The set up was extremely impressive too.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013

Walking a guy and scoring is one thing.Walking a guy and choking is another.
This thread is about a nice goal not a poor miss.Big difference

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
:facepalm: Read again.

I've said plenty of times it was a sexy goal. And if that's your actual interpretation of this thread, then you should probably learn to read all over again.
Lots of degrading and over reactions. How will Rielly and Andersen ever go out in public again?

My reading comprehension and interpretation skills are perfectly fine, thank you. I was addressing the fact that you claimed that people were saying Galchenyuk would be a Hart Trophy winner because of this goal. That didn't happen. Nobody suggested anything of the sort. That was simply a shot at Galchenyuk and Hab fans being excited about him, simply because people have pointed out that Rielly, Andersen, and Marner looked bad on that play, had a bad game overall, and that Galchenyuk was the benefactor of that on that play.

I don't deny that there are some radical opinions being thrown around in here about the Leafs, and there's nothing wrong with defending the honour of your players, but there was no need to take a shot at Galchenyuk in doing so. I just read through this entire thread, and did not fine one single poster who was overrating Galchenyuk, making claims that he would win any trophies, or would score 40+ goals etc. That is the part of your post I took exception with. You claim that others are in the wrong for bashing Rielly and Andersen, yet you are doing the exact same thing with your backhanded remarks and sarcasm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad