TSN: Gaborik, Delisle, Parlett to CBJ for Brassard, Dorsett, Moore and 6th Round Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
We got taken to the cleaners. And no im not upset about trading Brass, Im upset about trading Dorsett and Moore. I would have rather given up a 1st and Brass than Dorse and Moore. ****

I don't know what to say if you would rather trade a first instead of those guys.

VandyBuck

Oct 4, 2010
I love the trade. Brassard was wearing out his welcome, Moore was superfluous, and Dorsett is well-liked but quite frankly, a dime a dozen.

And we still have 3 first round picks.

Count me in with DJ...so you take a guy that can't hold down a second line center job, a guy that takes dumb penalties and was a 3/4 line tweener, and John Moore to get an elite scorer...no brainer. My only pang of sadness is seeing John Moore go, but as many have said, JJ, Wiz, Erixon, Prout, Toots, and Niki are a fine top 6 with Golo, Holden, Murray rounding out the corps...

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
As has been said before, EVERYTHING IS HAPPENING!!! I've quickly warmed up to this. It's like I've gone through the five stages of grief in about 10 minutes.

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
Think you guys got a great deal here. Gaborik will fit in well with you, and he's close with Anisimov. Can succeed in a hard working system (40 goal scorer 2 out of the last 3 years). Best of luck to Marian.

OldGoaltender

Jul 17, 2006
The Triad NC
One of my favorite players when he was with Minnesota. I really like this. Wonder if he will be on Joey's line. If so Joey finally got a finisher.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I think Gaborik is going to play well with Johansen. Johansen needed someone who could score some goals off the chances he creates with his good passes.

pl4tinum

Feb 21, 2012
Guys like Gaborik are hard to acquire. Guys like Moore, Brassard and Dorsett are not. Simply put, great trade by Kek.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
How can anyone be upset about this outside of feeling sentimental over losing Dorse? All of these guys were expendable, and we have a legitimate top line sniper to play with Joey. I could not be more excited. :yo:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Im excited we got Gaborik, but at the same time visions of, Adam Foote, Fedorov, and Mike Peca run through my head. 31yrs old and $7+ million dollar contract...idk..

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
We traded guys who were likely going to be traded in the next year or so anyway and kept all of our first round picks. Be happy.

I am trying. Believe me. I know what Gaborik is/was/can be. I also know what he is/was/can be.

My issue is I had really fallen hard for Moore after his play last year. Admit that he's a valuable piece but from a position of strength. Erixon and Golo have potenial to fill same role.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
I'd be fine with Brassard and Dorsett.

Adding in Moore seems like over-payment. Yes, Moore didn't seem to be part of the plan moving forward, but I think there would have been better trades out there for him in the summer.

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
We got taken to the cleaners. And no im not upset about trading Brass, Im upset about trading Dorsett and Moore. I would have rather given up a 1st and Brass than Dorse and Moore. ****

Dorsett is replaceable. The winning streak happened after his injury and other players stepped up. Calvert is a similar player with much more skill and far less stupid penalties.

Moore may pan out, but there's depth at defense. Golo, Moore and Erixon are all very similar. Murray will be above all of them on the depth chart next season. Someone had to go. They can't develop all those defensemen at the same time.

In the long run, the trade probably goes in NYR's favor, but I like this in the short term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig