TSN: Gaborik, Delisle, Parlett to CBJ for Brassard, Dorsett, Moore and 6th Round Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The return was fine....We wouldn't have tied for the 8th and final playoff spot with Dorsett taking Pejorative Slured penalties, Brassard spacing out and Moore being scratched. If Gaborik flakes out (possible) and Moore turns into Pierre McGuire's "GREATEST DEFENSEMAN of ALL TIME" Ryan McDonaugh (possible) then the NYR will have been deemed the winner. As for Brassard, he's a highly skilled finesse player playing against a finesse team that has taken some penalites and given him a chance to show his best qualities (ie: power play). Lets see what he does against a rugged 5 on 5 team like Boston.

The only reason I was on the fence about the trade is because of the potential of Moore. It would have been nice to keep that chip in our pocket for a trade for a younger guy down the line. But we went for it at the deadline....Oh well. One point short.

Hope this is not coming off as a troll. We have had 2 PP goals in this series. Something around 7%, the PP is not the reason why Brassard has played well. Also, finesse is not the worst thing in the world. You need both types of players to win in this league. I wouldn't say Brassard is soft or anything either. I guess ideally you have a team full of skill and grit. How often do you see that though? I think Boston is the closest thing you have and that's one team.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Sure, I figured if I beat them to the punch, then they wouldn't have the satisfaction of coming in here and saying "Brassard/Moore/Dorsett had a great game today. *insert stateline*."

Welcome%20to%20Ohio.jpg

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Kind of tough to declare a winner/loser after 30 games.
I'm happy for Brassard. He never really got things going here but is playing outstanding for the Rangers. IMO it wasn't very likely that he would figure things out here, sometimes a change is needed.
I hated giving up John Moore. A lot of folks on here assumed he was passed on teh depth chart - I really did still think he was a potential top line d-man. He's not there yet but he's also playing large. Just my opinion but he's the guy who is much more likely to haunt us.

Gabby is a big risk (both in his salary, free agency, his streakiness and lack of interest on defense) BUT he's what this team needed - a goal scorer. If he doesn't help this team win next year it will be tough for us to "win" this trade. If the team wins and even if he leaves for greener pastures I'll be ok with it (I think) or can at least make a case we got what we wanted out of the deal. But lots of risks with the deal.

joshjoshjosh

ಠ_ಠ
Feb 15, 2010
Guam
I did what I was told. Anyone recognize the pic? It's gotta be south, coming from WV or KY, right?

Yup. That's coming from WV. I'm pretty sure that's an older sign... all entrances have this I think sans the bridge.

413316_4422417841296_1788523230_o.jpg

This was on 70E in August. It looks weird cause I was driving (sorry don't judge me :facepalm:)

Roadman

Moving On
Sep 9, 2009
London OH
Yup. That's coming from WV. I'm pretty sure that's an older sign... all entrances have this I think sans the bridge.

413316_4422417841296_1788523230_o.jpg

This was on 70E in August. It looks weird cause I was driving (sorry don't judge me :facepalm:)

It's actually eastbound I70 coming in from Indiana. Note the Eaton exit sign, Mile marker 10. I do believe it's the only welcoming arch.

joshjoshjosh

ಠ_ಠ
Feb 15, 2010
Guam
It's actually eastbound I70 coming in from Indiana. Note the Eaton exit sign, Mile marker 10. I do believe it's the only welcoming arch.

This was on 70E in August
;)

I was just talking about the sign.

I really like this part of I-70. Between Indianapolis (as in, being clear of it) and 270 was my favorite stretch of driving when making the trip from Minot to Columbus. Maybe it was because I knew I was almost home.

Roadman

Moving On
Sep 9, 2009
London OH
;)

I was just talking about the sign.

I really like this part of I-70. Between Indianapolis (as in, being clear of it) and 270 was my favorite stretch of driving when making the trip from Minot to Columbus. Maybe it was because I knew I was almost home.

Minot to Columbus is a stretch for sure, hope you weren't doing it in a single drive, man that would hurt. I lived in Jamestown for 5 years as a kid and we used to head to Minneapolis for Holidays and I remember that a such a long way. Drive a lot now for work all over OH WPA and WV, which is how I am so familiar with your welcome arch.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Instead of perpetuating the Gaborik discussion, I would only like to add; I strongly disagree with most of what was said on the previous page. It started to give me a headache this morning and decided it just isn't worth the time or effort to even bother talking about the same things I've talked about numerous times already.

Gaborik is being set up as the next whipping boy. Frankly, much like most whipping boys around here, I find it repugnant. As far as I can tell, there are those lining up to enjoy it if he doesn't perform. I'm not interested in you attempting to defend yourself, so don't bother responding. I see no way in which there can be discourse on this matter.

Good day.

Last edited:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Minot to Columbus is a stretch for sure, hope you weren't doing it in a single drive, man that would hurt. I lived in Jamestown for 5 years as a kid and we used to head to Minneapolis for Holidays and I remember that a such a long way. Drive a lot now for work all over OH WPA and WV, which is how I am so familiar with your welcome arch.

Sounds like a lot of time on the road, man.

Wait...

joshjoshjosh

ಠ_ಠ
Feb 15, 2010
Guam

No no no no. I would stop in sleep in Minneapolis or Madison, depending on how tired I was. For the return trip I'd find a hotel somewhere in the suburbs outside Chicago.

I liked Jamestown. That's where the speed limit hits 75 :)

Sounds like a lot of time on the road, man.

Wait...

RPFF4.jpg

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Do we need a mod to get this thread back on track? Oh wait...

Its just that I want to know who won the trade.:sarcasm:

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Seems like this has run its course, eh? Maybe we'll need a part II next season, but for now, locking her up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad