Confirmed with Link: Gaborik, Delisle, Parlett to CBJ for Brassard, Dorsett, J. Moore and 6th Round Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Anisimov, Dubinsky, Erixon + 1st round pick > Brassard, Dorsett & Moore.

Not what I meant, and you know it. Howson thought he could get more than that as a return for Nash, and was asking for the likes of McD, MDZ, Stepan, Kreider and Miller.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
"Problem with the Rangers is they don't have enough grinders. We need grinders."

We get grinders.

"Problem with the Rangers is they don't have legit goal scorers. We need legit goal scorers."

We get goal scorers.

"Problem with the Rangers is they don't have enough grinders. We need grinders."

We get grinders.

"Problem with the Rangers is they don't have legit goal scorers. We need legit goal scorers."

We get goal scorers.

We get grinders.

We get goal scorers.

We get grinders.

We get goal scorers.

We get grinders.

We get goal scorers.

When will this franchise finally break the loop?

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
Sorry I know I asked this earlier but with 36 pages I'm having trouble finding a reply - what is the scouting report on Dorsett?

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005

We get grinders.

We get goal scorers.

We get grinders.

We get goal scorers.

We get grinders.

We get goal scorers.

We get grinders.

We get goal scorers.

We get grinders.

We get goal scorers.

When will this franchise finally break the loop?

I see how that works.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
After a pretty good start to the season Marian Gaborik has looked more and more lost as the season rolled along. I don't know if it would have been a big deal if he were making the kind of $ that a Brian Boyle or Taylor Pyatt make but $7.5 mil per is a lot for a guy who isn't delivering. As well he's not that bad a defensive player but when he's not producing anything you see the -8 that he is now. He does not help the team in other ways such as pk'ing and he is not been much of a factor as far as helping the pwp something we needed him to thrive on. A non producing Marian Gaborik is a mediocre player (the same could be said for Richards). That kind of cap hit for a mediocre player is one good reasons that this year's Rangers team is a mediocre team.

I like Gaborik. I think he's a good guy and that he wanted to do well. I hope he does well in Columbus. He wasn't doing well here.

As for the return. Brassard should pitch in with some scoring whether he's more 2nd or 3rd line I expect he will produce decently. Dorsett is a tough player--not a particularly good fighter but a very willing one--with tons of character and attitude. He won't score a lot but he will score some and he will help out in other areas. Moore is an intriguing prospect--posters making out that he's finished product at the age of 22--well, I don't know what to say. There's something to work with there. He's got good size and mobility, a nice skill set. IMO he's somewhat on a par with Erixon.

Going back to Gaborik. I don't know if he's going to return to form. He looked like a shell of what he was last year. When he's not a threat to score he's pretty close to useless. He's done good year, bad year, good year, bad year with us. Maybe next year will be another good year but the older he gets the more the diminishing returns.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Sorry I know I asked this earlier but with 36 pages I'm having trouble finding a reply - what is the scouting report on Dorsett?

Think someone posted he's like Prust now, but with potential to get better.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Think the deal is good for both sides, especially if the Jackets can extend Gaborik.

Would have liked to get the Rangers first back but whatever. I think brassard is going to be very good here.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Something else about this trade. With the Nash trade last year, I felt like management had a complete lack of recognition of what made the team successful during the season. We tried to make our forward corps more in the mold of the Penguins rather than in the mold of the Bruins. In Tortorellas system, it was a recipe for disaster from the beginning. Now we are once again molded the same way we were last year. The cast of characters is slightly different but the players they've acquired fill the same roles as the players who left. The big difference is that we have Nash instead of Gaborik, who fits our team identity better than Gaborik ever would have.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
If anything we could make the old argument that was made years ago about many of the elite teams right now are riding the backs of the young, elite talent they got with very high draft picks and that's the big difference between them and the Rangers, who got very good talent with the picks they had, but never had a chance to add a Malkin, a Toews, a Kane, etc.

Just a thought.

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal
I think we got a decent return for Gabby, who I think was going to continue to struggle here, with Torts at the helm. We got 3 young NHL players who will help immediately and in the future, and Moore can turn out to be a really valuable Dman.
Gaborik just didn`t seem the same player like the previous years, and we really don`t know if he was going to turn it around, this year or next. Also, with his salary, it was going to be real difficult to find a trading partner and get a good package in return. I give it a 7.5 out of 10.

Jackpot

Registered Abuser
Jul 2, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Brassard said he's excited about the trade and will be playing tonight. Guess we'll get a look at both Clowe and Brassard tonight :)

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Bad deal...and one that was only made because Torts had no use for Gaborik...you sell high and buy low, not the other way around.

The only way this deal can be considered good is if the Rangers make the Finals.

I find it hilarious that people are glad we got a #3C in Brassard. He's only a #3 because he hasn't been able to establish himself as a #1 or #2.

Moore: Never been a fan and don't expect much.

Dorsett: The fans will love him because of his grit but that doesn't mean he makes this a good trade.

Basically the Rangers have spent this trade deadline trying to replace pieces they let go or traded away over the summer.

Agree with alot of what you're saying, always good to see you around Chief, worth the wait ;)

Enjoy when Edge pops in and people think he's clueless.

:laugh:

Shhh, let'em be, fun watching Edge knock them down :D

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Mobile puck mover with size (6'3). Good two-way defenseman. Still not a proven NHLer, but I think he could capture a spot here. Rangers could use a player like him on their third pair, with the potential to move up to the 2nd/1st.
And most importantly, he's not Hamrlik.

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
Guys.. this is a fair deal, sure we could've gotten a first round. But Gaborik was not producing whatsoever, he floats and invisible.... We fill out our bottom 6 and our defense looks sharp. We will be fine.

cbjgirl

Just thinking
Jan 19, 2006
about last summer.
One amusing thing about this is, but for a flip of a coin, Gaborik would have been drafted by the CBJ their first draft.

I've stopped by before and offered my opinion about CBJ players, I hope you don't mind if I do so again.

Brassard - I think he is what he is. I don't expect much improvement from him. If you consider a 3rd line center to be a shut-down guy, and the 4th line to be "energy" guys... Brass really doesn't fit there. Stereotypically, you've got to slot him as a 2nd line center. Relative to other guys on the CBJ, his FO% was not that good. He tries to play physically but has the body such that he just bounces off of people.

You will get frustrated (and it may get worse if he plays with Nash) when he looks for the pass when he should be shooting (at least more often than he does). On the half-wall on the PP he does OK to well. With the acquisitions from the Rangers last summer and the emergence of Johansen he was expendable.

Dorsett - I like Dorsett. I've lurked on this board some during this season and noticed complaints about being soft. The CBJ's problem (well one of them) last season was that Dorsett and the fourth liners seemed to be the only ones who really gave a crap most nights. He will go through a wall for his teammates and stirs stuff up like nobody's business. I think the love (if you want to call it that) from many CBJ fans for him comes from his willingness to put himself in harms way for the good of the team. That was severely lacking. With the acquisitions of J Johnson, Wis, Dubie, Arty, and Foligno; Dorsett was no longer the only guy with that attitude.

Moore - He is a smooth skating d-man. There hasn't been much offense to be seen (yet). I would have preferred that we move Savard. CBJ have a huge stable of what look like good defensemen coming up. They also have many vets that have longish contracts. This was more of a numbers game I think. Moore/Erixon/ Goulobef (sp?) are very similar players. I'm glad we didn't deal Prout (like someone here suggested) since he is the only one who seems to have the ability to play the "heavy". All the others are more "middleweight" type guys.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
First opportunity to talk about this trade without having to do it on an iPhone.

Personally, I think this works for both teams and is beneficial for both teams.

Columbus - Gaborik, though I like him, is done in NY. He's scored in 6 games this year, has blown all kinds of opportunities, and has been talked to ad nauseam by the coaching staff. That being said, I think he can flourish with the CBJ's by rejoining AA, Dubi, Prospal, and Tyutin. Good upside for the CBJ's and their scoring issues and a good possibility Gaborik regains some of whatever he's lost and start over. Sometimes, that's all you need, a fresh start. Sorry to see him go, but it was time.

NYR - Brassard is an asset to depth at Center (3rd center here, one would think, depending on which Brad Richards decides to show up) and can certainly add something to the 2nd PP unit. He's decent on the PP. Dorsett is a heart and soul guy that's a shade less than a guy like Brandon Prust. Too bad he's injured. Moore should immediately be the #4 guy as he's an upgrade over Gilroy, Hamrlik, Emminger, and Stralman. I immediately put him above any of those guys and once Staal is back, he's a decent option on the 5/6 pair and can move the puck and is remarkably speedy for a large guy.

Overall, this helps deficiencies in both teams. The Rangers needed an upgrade on D, needed help up the middle, and a little more sandpaper certainly couldn't hurt. The CBJ's get a top line RW and send a nice message to their fans that they're in it for real for the next two seasons.

Fair deal for both sides that helps both clubs.

Chief

Jun 19, 2003
NY, NY
yea but Nash is signed longterm and Gaborik has 1 yr left

Being signed to a long and expensive deal is hardly a positive.

I also love the double standard of some people applauding the Clowe deal - you know, the guy with ZERO goals this season - because he will surely snap out of it and become a key player under Torts, while they bash Gaborik for his lack of production this season.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
If anything we could make the old argument that was made years ago about many of the elite teams right now are riding the backs of the young, elite talent they got with very high draft picks and that's the big difference between them and the Rangers, who got very good talent with the picks they had, but never had a chance to add a Malkin, a Toews, a Kane, etc.

Just a thought.

I'm on here saying this everyday, trust me, some people just don't get the concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad