Gabe Vilardi with a sweet between the legs goal

Shark Finn

∀dministrator
Jan 5, 2012
Herwood
While watching the game, I was imagining how much better LA would be if they had kept Vilardi and signed Ryan O'Reilly. Combined, they make less than Dubois, but have 2.5x the points.
Maybe, but you can't have a guy like O'Reilly as your future 1C at this point of his career.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Maybe, but you can't have a guy like O'Reilly as your future 1C at this point of his career.
True, but Vilardi was seen as LA's future 1C before injuries set him back. He conceivably could've been that again if he eventually moved back to center and stayed healthy. It might've been a long shot, but I would've taken on a chance on that rather than on Dubois.

Last edited:

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Torts screaming at the tv for this
Why? Because he and the CBJ could have gotten Vilardi for Dubois instead of f***ing Laine and Roslovic….??

Sorry, just a CBJ fan with PTSD from what the team has become.

I picked up Vilardi as a FA in a deep fantasy keeper league a bit ago just before he “broke out” on the Kings and started getting the credit he deserved or looked at much more positively. Always seemed like a very good/underrater player when I paid attention to him a while back and probably is still a bit underrated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Dog Tannen

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Why, because him and the CBJ could have gotten Vilardi for Dubois instead of f***ing Laine and Roslovic….??

Sorry, just a CBJ fan with PTSD from what the team has become.

I picked up Vilardi as a FA in a deep fantasy keeper league a bit ago just before he “broke out” on the Kings and started getting the credit he deserved or looked at much more positively. Always seemed like a very good/underrater player when I paid attention to him a while back and probably is still a bit underrated.

As a fan of a team that also had laine and roslovic….

1712758681458.gif

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
I don't recall it being done in tight with no momentum very commonly.
He’s being silly.

Between the legs, and roofing it far top corner all done in a second is not basic regardless of circumstance. Momentum or no momentum. It was a great skilled goal, only someone that hasn’t played hockey or someone trolling would make a comment like that.

The only thing basic is that take.

Reactions: pictman and jd22

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
He’s being silly.

Between the legs, and roofing it far top corner all done in a second is not basic regardless of circumstance. Momentum or no momentum. It was a great skilled goal, only someone that hasn’t played hockey or someone trolling would make a comment like that.

The only thing basic is that take.

Yes, I used to play hockey and I don't know if I could do that even with a ball and all the time in the world vs a goalie that lost his stick and couldn't poke check, haha.

Not that I was that good, but anyway.

If players practice this, it does seem like an incredibly hard move to defend against if done quickly. A d-man literally can't tie up the forwards stick if the forwards body is between the stick and d-man. And if he tries to go through the legs to tie up the stick, it's almost an insta-tripping penalty. The only effective strategy, it would seem, is to maintain very tight body positioning on the forward. But on the penalty kill, this essentially creates a 4 on 3 plus traffic. :/

I think we'll see more of players doing this, or at least trying it.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Watching it on TV I was like 'what just happened there?'. Seeing the replay I was like 'whoa'. That was filthy sick. Glad he's on our side.

Boy I hope he can stay healthy.

m.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad