GWT: EPL - Matchweek 37 (Ft. MW 34)

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Casemiro was great last year. This year he’s just absolutely stopped putting in any effort. Legitimately the laziest I’ve ever seen a player look.

I think that also ties into issue like Hojlund looking lazy. When so called leaders like Casemiro are fine putting in zero effort and still routinely starting, why should anyone else try?

The manager doesn’t have the competence to actually bench anyone for effort unless it’s the couple players he’s chosen to hate, so no one really have reason to put in effort. They get to collect that fat United paycheck and just jog around for a couple hours.
Yeah, no one was complaining about Casemiro last season. There's been some rumors he's been playing injured for a some time (on painkillers?) that affects his movement but the amount of effort he puts in, has been atrocious at times.

I don't think Casemiro's play is affecting Höjlund, the kid just looks exhausted. Since Martial and Rasford went out, he's started and finished like every game.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
United are just trying to survive the rest of the league season without Bruno, nothing is happening in the offense. Focusing on trying to get as many players as possible fit for the FA Cup final.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
The announcers just hit it pretty well on what the game feels like.

Arsenal are happy to be ahead. United are happy to not be losing by a lot.
Yeah but if they don't get a second I see a cutback in overtime from Garnacho to Scottish Pele and boom there goes Arsenal's season

The only one putting in an effort is the crowd.
And Dalot, on his weak side as well

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yeah but if they don't get a second I see a cutback in overtime from Garnacho to Scottish Pele and boom there goes Arsenal's season

And Dalot, on his weak side as well
Yea it's risky to leave it at 1-0. As trash as United are, there's enough random talent to score a freak goal.

Arsenal's players just don't seem to believe it can happen though.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Amrabat has actually put in a decent effort today. His lack of speed hasn't been exposed as badly today.
Remember I warned you guys you were not getting a United quality player in him. His stock rose a lot after the World Cup but I had seen him for years in Italy, he's useless with the ball.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Remember I warned you guys you were not getting a United quality player in him. His stock rose a lot after the World Cup but I had seen him for years in Italy, he's useless with the ball.
He would have been fine for what he was acquired for. Which was a depth squad player and a body to play early round cup games.

Reactions: Jussi

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
When he has actually gotten to play on his favorite position, he hasn't been that bad. Unless it's been against a fast playing team.

I guess saving Evans from a further injury by putting in Willy to get some minutes.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC

He was one of the best long-distance passers in Europe last season and is an all-around good passer. What in the world are you smoking?

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I've seen Saka hobbling around so much lately that I don't remember if this is how he usually walks

AWB can be a good defensive player but today he's been cartoonishly bad

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
One of the most incredible things about this United team is how little off ball movement there is when they have possession and the other team is set back.

Just a bunch of dudes standing around hoping something magic happens.

Reactions: luiginb

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
One of the most incredible things about this United team is how little off ball movement there is when they have possession and the other team is set back.

Just a bunch of dudes standing around hoping something magic happens.
This United team? It's been like that for the last 3-4 managers.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
I've seen Saka hobbling around so much lately that I don't remember if this is how he usually walks
Well the other team is allowed to do this to Saka without even having a foul called. No, not escaping a red card…not even a regular foul.

1715534223555.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: luiginb

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I love PL stoppage time so much. They say they're going to make a big deal of it. Ref adds 6 minutes. Arsenal makes 2 subs and gets a time wasting yellow in stoppage time and the ref blows the whistle the first time the ball is live after the 96th minute :laugh:

It wouldn't have mattered because United is trash, but it's just funny.

Reactions: JPBolts

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
So the GD for the title is now at 3. That means if City draw Spurs midweek they'd need to win by 3 goals more than Arsenal do on the final matchweek to get the title.

Alternatively if they beat Spurs by 4 or 5, they'd have the chance to go into the final week and get a draw for the title if Arsenal only win 1 or 2-0

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad