Gabby's GM game v.1- Discussion Thread #2 (TBL, PIT available)

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

1:45 and onwards is our new goal song.

Anyways, it does look like #trolloffs2014 is catching on, and it should continue. We have to face Boston, and while they do have a great team, I think our D, goaltending and bottom 6 is enough to carry us to the next round.

I'll just post my lineup for you to enjoy. Youth FTW

Flash (AAAAAAHHHH, SAVIOUR OF THE UNIVERSE) - Huberdeau - Versteeg
Upshall - Bjugstad - Palmieri
Kopecky - Goc - Bertuzzi
Bergenheim - Matthias - Parros

Kulikov - Gudbranson
Voynov - Hjalmarsson
Campbell - Jovanovski

Markstrom

That's how we roll in the Shire.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Produce Man

Master of Puppets
Feb 24, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
:flyers

[FIELDSET=Roster & Cap Hit]

FORWARDS

Jamie Benn ($5.500m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) 'C' / Daniel Alfredsson ($4.000m) 'A'
Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Ryan Getzlaf ($8.000m) 'A' / Jakub Voracek ($2.750m)
Curtis Glencross ($2.500m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Wayne Simmonds ($2.850m)
Brad Richardson ($1.250m) / Jason Arnott ($.815m) Zac Rinaldo ($1.250m)

DEFENSEMEN

Alex Edler ($6.000m) / Dion Phaneuf ($6.500m)
Chris Pronger ($4.921m) 'A'/ Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m)
Luke Schenn ($3.600m) / Bruno Gervais ($0.825m)

GOALTENDERS

Miikka Kiprusoff ($5.833m)
Jonathan Bernier ($1.900m)

------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $70,293,095; BONUSES: $2,705,000
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $6,905

[/FIELDSET]

Bring it on, Red Wings! I hope dHabs doesn't get the 'popular' vote ;)

It should a great series, best of luck to Detroit, and everyone else who advanced.

Congrats to all who made it into the playoffs as well. I think every GM did a great job, and almost every team is a better version of it's real-life counter part.

Vote :flyers

Blackhawks26

6 time Cup Champions
Jun 17, 2011
Orland Park IL
Vote :hawks

Patrick Sharp / Jonathan Toews / Marian Hossa
Vinny Prospal / Dave Bolland / Nathan MacKinnon
Brandon Saad / Brandon Dubinsky / Shane Doan
Daniel Carcillo / Andrew Shaw / Jimmy Hayes
Marcus Kruger / Bryan Bickell

DEFENSEMEN
Brent Seabrook / Duncan Keith
Marc-Édouard Vlasic / Nick Leddy
Ryan Whitney / Johnny Oduya
Dylan Olsen

GOALTENDERS
Roberto Luongo
Al Montoya

Dallas is a good team, but the Team that will be facing them is much better :P.
This team is as stacked as can be, getting top Free agents Shane Doan and Ryan Whitney really will help our chances at beating the Stars. Their first line may be stacked, but check out ALL of my lines, than shoot your eyes down to my defense. That defense is arguably the best in the league. Then you have All-Star goalie Roberto Loungo.
Good luck Dallas!
Thanks for playing this game everybody, it's been really fun for me, and i'm pretty sure everybody else will agree with me.

Gaborikthebeast

Always Blame the Zebras
Feb 16, 2010
Thanks to Top6spaling for the final vote

these are the results

:stars over :hawks 4-3 (tiebreaker was top6spaling)
:jets over :coyotes 4-3

:flyers over :wings 4-3 (tiebreaker was top6spaling)
:panthers over :bruins 4-3

conference finals
2:jets vs 4:stars

1:flyers vs 2:panthers

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Ah bummer, good luck to the rest of the teams. I thought i built a team nobody could beat.
I'm honestly shocked you did not make it...you have a great offense, great depth, great D, and a top goalie. Gabby built a great team, but I thought you would guaranteed make cup final

Matty K

Aug 10, 2011
Caledon, ON
:jets
General Manager: Matty K
Head Coach: Claude Noël
Salary Cap: $68,913,000M/$70,200,000M
Cap Space: $1,950,000M

Forwards

Top Six

Evander Kane "C" (5M) / Ryan Kesler "A" (5M) / Milan Lucic (4.75M)
Scott Hartnell "A" (6M) / David Krejci (5.25M) / Patrick Kane (6.3M)

Bottom Six

Greg Campbell (1.6M) / Josh Bailey (2M) / Nik Antropov (2M)
Patrice Cormier (1M) / Jim Slater (1.6M) / Shawn Thornton (1.1M)

X

Defence

Top Four

Braydon Coburn (4.5M) / Tobias Enstrom "A" (6M)
Zach Bogosian (4M) / Nicklas Grossman (3.5M)

Bottom Pair

Mark Stuart (1.7M) / Matt Carkner (1.5M)

X Jacob Trouba (900K)

Goalie

Ondrej Pavelec (3.9M)
Jose Theodore (1.25M)

Vote:jets

Blackhawks26

6 time Cup Champions
Jun 17, 2011
Orland Park IL
I'm honestly shocked you did not make it...you have a great offense, great depth, great D, and a top goalie. Gabby built a great team, but I thought you would guaranteed make cup final

I just don't understand how people didn't vote me to win. Epically you Top6spaling.. My team was probably one of the best builds in the game. Don't know what happened honestly, would have been the farthest I've ever gone :(

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
I just don't understand how people didn't vote me to win. Epically you Top6spaling.. My team was probably one of the best builds in the game. Don't know what happened honestly, would have been the farthest I've ever gone :(

The other three votes were easy, but I labored over that one for a long time. If that was a real series, it'd go 7 games, no doubt. Very tough choice. If you had a better #2C or Goalie, you would have one.

Just so, so close.

Blackhawks26

6 time Cup Champions
Jun 17, 2011
Orland Park IL
The other three votes were easy, but I labored over that one for a long time. If that was a real series, it'd go 7 games, no doubt. Very tough choice. If you had a better #2C or Goalie, you would have one.

Just so, so close.
Remier beats Loungo?
Bachman beats Montoya?
Bolland is probably the most underrated center in the legaue

The Produce Man

Master of Puppets
Feb 24, 2003
Victoria
Visit site

Very happy to have gotten past a difficult Detroit team. Now facing a Cinderella-squad in the Florida Panthers!

I love the fact that Florida made it so far, but I don't see how they could beat the Flyers. They have a superb defense, and a solid offense, with a promising young goalie. But we also have a great defense, have a more proven tandem in net, and have, in my opinion, one of the deepest, and most talented forward groups in the NHL.

Best of luck to the cats, as well as Winnipeg and Dallas. Honored to finish in the top 4, it's the highest I've ever finished in a game.

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

Very happy to have gotten past a difficult Detroit team. Now facing a Cinderella-squad in the Florida Panthers!

I love the fact that Florida made it so far, but I don't see how they could beat the Flyers. They have a superb defense, and a solid offense, with a promising young goalie. But we also have a great defense, have a more proven tandem in net, and have, in my opinion, one of the deepest, and most talented forward groups in the NHL.

Best of luck to the cats, as well as Winnipeg and Dallas. Honored to finish in the top 4, it's the highest I've ever finished in a game.

My trolling destiny awaits me. We are stunned we have come this far, and to beat two great teams is absolutely incredible. The Flyers do have a good team, but, I do think that I have the advantage on D, and goaltending can be very even, since I am going to assume Markstrom has carried us this far into the playoffs.

Vote for whomever you think will win, but remember...

#Trolloffs2014

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad