Gabby's GM Game 2.0 Sign-up Thread Only

HankTheTankYoLo

Aug 4, 2009
I'd say let's try to fill up 8 more teams, for a total of 20 teams, and do a 10 team dispersal draft using the drat order from 2012, with the un-claimed teams out, just like in Dong's game.

But, I'd prefer to have the undrafted players become UFAs, rather than disappear

that wont work, teams that have alot of cap space, will look deadly out there.

minion

Oct 6, 2008
Lincoln NE
I'd say let's try to fill up 8 more teams, for a total of 20 teams, and do a 10 team dispersal draft using the drat order from 2012, with the un-claimed teams out, just like in Dong's game.

But, I'd prefer to have the undrafted players become UFAs, rather than disappear

Making them UFA's will have 2 problems... the UFA agent will end up somewhere just this side of hell.

Teams in dong's game had cap issues as it was. Adding so many UFA's would only make this a lot worse.

I'm not against them becoming UFA's. Just not sure its do able.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
Making them UFA's will have 2 problems... the UFA agent will end up somewhere just this side of hell.

Teams in dong's game had cap issues as it was. Adding so many UFA's would only make this a lot worse.

I'm not against them becoming UFA's. Just not sure its do able.

We could have multiple agents, one for forwards, one for defensemen, and one for goaltenders. They will also manage RFAs at the position they are responsible for. It will make less work for agents, and make FA more exciting.

For the cap space issue, we can have players bought out without affect to the cap, but those bought out players will just go straight to the AHL, or they could become UFAs, but set a limit of only 2 buyouts per team, so there isn't an excessive number of them.

minion

Oct 6, 2008
Lincoln NE
An

We get 15 gms. Each GM has two teams, and blends those two teams to put the best team together. Allow team initially like 25-30 players for trading and such. The best of what's left become FA's. I think keeping a 25 man roster with a cap increase is reasonable. As far as prospects and picks, these blended teams would get all of both teams prospects. Picks would be just one set kept(say the Sharks and Panthers combine- there would be one set of picks for the combined team- so like SJ1 and so on). The original team chosen would be the team name, as in I took the Bruins, so regardless of which team I blend in, I stay the Bruins. Would have to be a blind drawn for second teams, and I'm not sure that could be done online. Would have to trust gabby to throw the names in a hat and pick them blindly...

Just an idea...

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
We get 15 gms. Each GM has two teams, and blends those two teams to put the best team together. Allow team initially like 25-30 players for trading and such. The best of what's left become FA's. I think keeping a 25 man roster with a cap increase is reasonable. As far as prospects and picks, these blended teams would get all of both teams prospects. Picks would be just one set kept(say the Sharks and Panthers combine- there would be one set of picks for the combined team- so like SJ1 and so on). The original team chosen would be the team name, as in I took the Bruins, so regardless of which team I blend in, I stay the Bruins. Would have to be a blind drawn for second teams, and I'm not sure that could be done online. Would have to trust gabby to throw the names in a hat and pick them blindly...

Just an idea...

Meh this would fix alot of holes jus imagine a team like me getting mtl , i get Price , Gorges , Subban , Patches , Cole , Plekanec... and the cap would be insane

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
Ok, if minion's idea happens, I'll be :blues and :sharks

I will rebuild with players like Thornton, Marleau, Vlasic, Boyle, Niemi, Couture, as well as Oshie, Perron, Berglund, Shattenkirk, etc...

:naughty:

Last edited:

minion

Oct 6, 2008
Lincoln NE
Meh this would fix alot of holes jus imagine a team like me getting mtl , i get Price , Gorges , Subban , Patches , Cole , Plekanec... and the cap would be insane

You couldn't get Montreal as they have a GM already ;)

Cap would have to be raised. To what I'm not sure, but raised some amount.

minion

Oct 6, 2008
Lincoln NE
Ok, if minion's idea happens, I'll be :blues and :sharks

I will rebuild with players like Thornton, Marleau, Vlasic, Boyle, Niemi, Couture, as well as Oshie, Perron, Berglund, Shattenkirk, etc...

:naughty:

You wouldn't get to chose your second team, just first. The second team would be a blind draw.

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
You couldn't get Montreal as they have a GM already ;)

Cap would have to be raised. To what I'm not sure, but raised some amount.
I know i can't be MTL just what im saying , if we can raise the cap maybe but it fills alot of the teams holes so very little trades would happen maybe dont have it randomized ? maybe have it like
LAK gets CLB (The best team (I say best because they won the stanley ) Gets the worse team ( Columbus is the worst team lol ))

Gaborikthebeast

Always Blame the Zebras
Feb 16, 2010
I know i can't be MTL just what im saying , if we can raise the cap maybe but it fills alot of the teams holes so very little trades would happen maybe dont have it randomized ? maybe have it like
LAK gets CLB (The best team (I say best because they won the stanley ) Gets the worse team ( Columbus is the worst team lol ))
I like this idea just needs to be worked out

minion

Oct 6, 2008
Lincoln NE
Maybe pick a second team based on 2012 draft order? So order would be, based on GM's we have now..

CBJ (assuming candyman is in)
EDM
MON
MIN
DAL
OTT
CHI
PHI
PIT
BOS
STL
VAN
NYR
LAK

Then we'd need 1 more GM, to get 15 and make it even. That team would join this list based on 2012 draft order(w/o lottery factored in). The remaining teams would be the "draftable" teams...

Still a lot would have to be worked out, but just as a starting point. We're struggling to even hit 15 gms so unless we wait forever, we have to figure out something

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2010
Sorry guys but im not gonna play this one. school work and nhl 13 consume my life right now

but i will give my take.

Get 15gms, each gets two teams. these teams will not be able to trade with each other. both teams in seperate conferances.

No dispersal or anything each gm just get two chances for the cup

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Sorry guys but im not gonna play this one. school work and nhl 13 consume my life right now

but i will give my take.

Get 15gms, each gets two teams. these teams will not be able to trade with each other. both teams in seperate conferances.

No dispersal or anything each gm just get two chances for the cup

Ditto on everything here (including the too busy stuff...), except I would say each GM gets two teams and combines them to make a 15 team super league.

VanBrett

Sep 24, 2011
Underwater.
I'm going to have to step-down from the :hawks GM role. Soccer, school, hockey, and friends all come first, and I have to take care of those things. Good luck guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad