Gabby,KLLR, and Dongs GM game 4.0 Signup/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
ben didnt even bother to post a spec roster and he made two trades. also hasnt been active but for one little stint for a long while so i have no idea why he's getting so much credit :laugh:

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
I'm so disappointed I'm not even being mentioned in the KLLR cup :cry:

I may not have the depth of WSH and PHI (not even close tbh) but I have the best players (OEL, Bogo, RNH, Kane) so at least consider me?

(and thanks LT <3)

I think I got in the middle of the two, top end talent with Hall, Eberle and Yak, along with some really good depth. Plus I've got a good goalie.

The Produce Man

Master of Puppets
Feb 24, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
I appreciate being voted into the finals, but I think this whole 'inmates running the asylum' thing went a little too far. I think we should have at least had a playoffs as I think a lot of teams didn't get a fair shake at things. I thought LA, STL, MTL and others had very strong teams. I know everyone wants the next game to start and I appreciate people taking the initiative to try and help things along, but I don't think this was handled correctly.

Aela*

I think I got in the middle of the two, top end talent with Hall, Eberle and Yak, along with some really good depth. Plus I've got a good goalie.

Yeah your roster is good, but you lost a really good center prospect in RNH whose a bigger name than Strome and Kuznetsov. Plus your roster screams retool and not rebuild to me. Good retool as well.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
images

Perreault-Briere-Burrows
Drouin-Couturier-Huberdeau
Gaustad-Helm-Brouwer
Danault-Goc-Leblanc

Beauchemin-Campbell
Kuba-Souray
Ouellet-Demers

Theodore
Grumet-Morris

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I appreciate being voted into the finals, but I think this whole 'inmates running the asylum' thing went a little too far. I think we should have at least had a playoffs as I think a lot of teams didn't get a fair shake at things. I thought LA, STL, MTL and others had very strong teams. I know everyone wants the next game to start and I appreciate people taking the initiative to try and help things along, but I don't think this was handled correctly.

The game was dying. We don't want to wait three days, probably more, for Gabby to do voting. The longer we waited the less interest it would have.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Yeah your roster is good, but you lost a really good center prospect in RNH whose a bigger name than Strome and Kuznetsov. Plus your roster screams retool and not rebuild to me. Good retool as well.

Yeah I dunno what to classify it as, since I took over the team in the midst of a rebuild but kind of continued it. Retool is probably a better term.

The Produce Man

Master of Puppets
Feb 24, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
The game was dying. We don't want to wait three days, probably more, for Gabby to do voting. The longer we waited the less interest it would have.

But you didn't wait 3 days, you didn't even wait 1. You guys decided in 3 hours to do this. I am fine with someone else taking over for Gabby as he's disappeared, but there should have been a playoffs. Even a quick one that we could have ripped through in a day. There was literally what, 6 votes? If no one else cares, then I guess it's fine.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
But you didn't wait 3 days, you didn't even wait 1. You guys decided in 3 hours to do this. I am fine with someone else taking over for Gabby as he's disappeared, but there should have been a playoffs. Even a quick one that we could have ripped through in a day. There was literally what, 6 votes? If no one else cares, then I guess it's fine.

Well, yeah. That's kind of the point in not waiting 3 days: to not wait 3 days.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions

I'm in agreeance with you. I'd like to see playoffs happen after the amount of time/effort I put in.

The Produce Man

Master of Puppets
Feb 24, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Well, yeah. That's kind of the point in not waiting 3 days: to not wait 3 days.

But you are acting like we have been waiting for 3 days. You haven't even waited 24 hours. That's kind of the point.

The game is dying? Last I saw, a lot of trades went down yesterday, including, obviously, your own. Gabby DID say that the trade deadline was yesterday at midnight, that never changed. Yes, he hasn't been on in a few days, nor has he instructed us on what we are doing, but its not like this isn't like every other GM game. After the TD we always post rosters, and we always send in standings votes. To me it just feels like a bunch of eager beavers couldn't wait to start the shiny new game.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
But you are acting like we have been waiting for 3 days. You haven't even waited 24 hours. That's kind of the point.

The game is dying? Last I saw, a lot of trades went down yesterday, including, obviously, your own. Gabby DID say that the trade deadline was yesterday at midnight, that never changed. Yes, he hasn't been on in a few days, nor has he instructed us on what we are doing, but its not like this isn't like every other GM game. After the TD we always post rosters, and we always send in standings votes. To me it just feels like a bunch of eager beavers couldn't wait to start the shiny new game.

Actually I was one of the people who was okay with waiting for Top 6's game to start. The game was losing interest quickly, and Gabby hasn't been on for over 12 hours now so it looks like the right call was made. We did talk to Dong about it, and him being a commissioner, we thought it was okay.

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

Completely agree here. I am going to be transparent and say that you are a Cup favourite, but how many times has the underdog won the Cup both in real life, and in this game? Many freaking times. I feel as if these games become so sterile if a few people just declare others the best (And you weren't apart of that) without actually crediting the other 26 GM's who also worked on these games.

I'm going to be honest, this game has frustrated me to no end, and if it actually continues like this, I see no reason for me to stay. Playoffs have upsets, these games have upsets; and it just seems as if the personality and the thrill of the underdog winning is gone.

Aela*

I would've preferred playoffs, never got a chance to vote since was on mobile.
Plus there are more then 2 people who worked hard on their roster ;)

Gaborikthebeast

Always Blame the Zebras
Feb 16, 2010
Holy **** guys I'm sorry I've been a very lax commish, yesterday during the rain we had here, I lost power, and when I came back on, wifi/internet was down, i feel like a giant ****** I'm sorry people, if to you still want to have a quick playoffs, ill do it and have it done by tommoeow , I apologize against an I sincerely mean it.....

Gaborikthebeast

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Holy **** guys I'm sorry I've been a very lax commish, yesterday during the rain we had here, I lost power, and when I came back on, wifi/internet was down, i feel like a giant ****** I'm sorry people, if to you still want to have a quick playoffs, ill do it and have it done by tommoeow , I apologize against an I sincerely mean it.....

Gaborikthebeast

Since so many others have expressed interest in it, I'd be down for a quick playoffs.

The Hockey Hitman

Jul 26, 2006
:isles 2013-14 Starting Roster *bold indicates new acquisitions

FORWARDS
Matt Moulson ($3.133m) / John Tavares ($5.500m) / Kyle Okposo ($2.800m)
Josh Bailey ($1.050m) / Nicklas Backstrom ($6.700m) / Brad Boyes ($1.0m)
Matt Martin ($1.000m) / Frans Nielsen ($2.750m) / Michael Grabner ($3.000m)
Taylor Pyatt ($1.550m) / David Ullstrom ($660k) / Colin McDonald ($638k)
extra: Eric Boulton ($.550k)

DEFENSEMEN
Lubomir Visnovsky ($4.750m) / Mark Streit ($4.100)
Andrew MacDonald ($550k) / Travis Hamonic ($826,875k)
David Schlemko ($1.188m) / Matt Donovan ($875k)
extra: Brian Strait ($0.775m), Matt Carkner ($1.500m)

GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m)
Kevin Poulin ($896k)
------
TOTAL: $53.91833 / 23 players
(Includes $2,204,000 for Yashin buy-out)

Last edited:

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
We can go ahead and do a full playoffs, but I can't move my draft from tonight. Totally ok with doing it, but I'm busy for a couple nights after this.

Vote and Draft! GM multitasking!

No worries Gabby, stuff happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad