GDT: G9: Wild @ Pens, 6pm CT (BSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Who: Minnesota Wild (6-3-0, 12 points) at Pittsburgh Penguins (4-3-2, 10 points)
Puck drop: 6:08 p.m. CT
Watch: Bally Sports North
Listen: KFAN FM 100.3; Wild Radio Network; Wild NHL App

The game Saturday marks the first of a road-home back-to-back, as the Wild returns to Minnesota after the game and will face the New York Islanders on Sunday at Xcel Energy Center.

Zucker has three goals and an assist in nine games this season.

Goaltender Tristan Jarry has seen a bulk of the action between the posts for the Pens early in the season. He's 4-2-1 with a 2.12 goals-against average and a .930 save percentage in seven starts.

Wild Warmup: Minnesota at Pittsburgh

:wild
Fiala/JEE/Foligno
Kaprizov/Hartman/Freddy G
Duhaime/Sturm/Bjugstad
Beckman/Dewar/Rau

Brodin/Dumba
Kulikov/Merrill
Goli/Spurgeon

Talbot?

Out: Zucc, Greenway, Pitlick. Addison to the AHL

:pens
Guentzel /Jeff Carter/Heinen
Zucker/Rodrigues/Kapanen
Aston-Reese/Blueger /McGinn
O’Connor /Boyle/Simon(Lafferty)

Matheson/Letang
Joseph/Marino
Riikola/Friedman

Tristan Jarry - Casey DeSmith

Out: Crosby, Malkin, Domoulin, Ruhwedel, Pettersson, Rust (?), head coach Mike Sullivan

71529211.jpg

Lets Go Wild

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Because he's waiver exempt

I just don’t know why that matters honestly. Cut Benn, sit Merrill and play the better defenseman.

If they're not even going to give Addison PP minutes, might as well send him to Iowa.

I guess getting him more valuable minutes in the AHL is an okay reason, but not sure if he’ll be getting any PP time next season either with Dumba + Spurgeon in front of him.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Kulikov-Merrill our 2nd pairing now?

Jokes aside, no clue why they’re not keeping Addison up.

I went with 5v5 ToI for the pairs order. My preference would be Kulikov/Spurgeon as the 2nd pair.

With so many guys out MN has been at/over the cap the last week or so. Addison isn't playing over anyone in the lineup, so no reason to have him in the pressbox, and it opens up some cap to bank. Also Addison is on a 2-way contract and all of the other d-men are on 1-way deals. It saves the owner/team real money.

The question of should Addison be in the lineup is debatable. If he's playing limited minutes and not taking Spurgeon's spot on the PP1. Then he can go back the the AHL and play all situation big minutes is my opinion.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
It's been days since the Wild played and now they get whatever this Pens team is:

h762F2E12

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Well, not taking a dumb penalty early in the game isn't a thing for this club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad