GDT: G9: Sens @ Wild, 7pm CT (BSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I could see a scenario where Gaudreau is actually a pretty nice player in the proper role. But, that role is definitely not 2nd line + 1st PP.
He's a quality 4th liner who helps the PK. Kind of guy that can jump up the lineup if there's an injury and not kill the team. Has no business ever seeing the ice on a PP

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Addison and Beckman are made for the PP, but haven't had much time to practice. Also, it's tough to have two RHD on the PP at the same time, though Dumba should be the shooter, Addison QB, and Beckman the shooter on the other side.

With no practice time they are still better than anyone they trotted out there on the second unit save maybe Dumba.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Every time this team talks about young players and bringing them along at the NHL level all you hear about is they are going to put them in positions to succeed and not have them on 4th lines and bottom pairings. For what it’s worth, it’s more than just this regime.

But here we are, seemingly every time, watching promising prospects buried on 4th lines and not put into positions to help them and the team in areas they actually can contribute.

If Beckman and Addison are going to be up, why are they not seeing PP over the likes of Brodin, Bjugstad, Hartman, Gaudreau, etc? Especially against what is a non-factor team like Ottawa. This is the type of game you have them go have fun and get some confidence.

With this flustercluck of a lineup where do you put Beckman to succeed? Outside of the Sturm line none of the other have been consistently good. I'm fine with the 4th line sticking together, at least they know each other's tendencies. Addison has 2 healthy/better RD in front of him, so 3rd pair it is for him.

Does anything about the PP's make sense the last 2 years? Addison/Beckman are just more tires for that fire.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
With this flustercluck of a lineup where do you put Beckman to succeed? Outside of the Sturm line none of the other have been consistently good. I'm fine with the 4th line sticking together, at least they know each other's tendencies. Addison has 2 healthy/better RD in front of him, so 3rd pair it is for him.

Does anything about the PP's make sense the last 2 years? Addison/Beckman are just more tires for that fire.

I'd probably go Beckman/Hartman/Fiala and Rau/Dewar/Gaudreau.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
I don’t know that you risk that challenge against Ottawa. Take your medicine and move on.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Exactly why you don’t challenge with your terrible PK. Now you made a game of it.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Master class by this coaching staff how you engineer a loss against a bad team.

For once it would be nice to have a good coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad