GDT: G9: Sens @ Wild, 7pm CT (BSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Not really. I can't really think of any of the goals that he "should have" had, and he killed a penalty basically by himself at a pretty important time of the game (down 1 goal, I think).

Got it; his numbers aren't too terribly off from last year, so I think it's the defense needing work.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Yeah, he's only 20 yo, and a young 20, I think. His body still has some maturing to do, which will allow him to do all sorts of good things on the ice. He used to be a really thin guy.
i do recall him on draft night looking much smaller so its great to see. he is young and growing so im not mad about it really, more so encouraged by it.

Reactions: brakeyawself

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
Yeah, it was a weird game. I think both goalies (particularly Gustavsson) played well and the score was still 5-4.

Those things will happen. It's something all NHL goalies will have to learn to bounce back from. Gus seems like he has the tools to do so without such performances becoming a habit. He doesn't seem to be much effected by temporary downs. Which is an absolutely necessary trait in having a long career as an NHL goalie.

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
My hope is that this game and these lines mark the beginning of Fiala and Kaprizov coming to life. Both looked better and more engaged than in the previous games.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Watched this last night and couldn't get past Chabot looking like the first boss on The IT Crowd. Was disappointed that he never did a pencil dive over the boards but still a good watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad