Post-Game Talk: G82, Caps/Rongos, 12:30 pm est, Verizon Center, NBC

JenniferH

Holts Did It
Nov 7, 2013
Georgia
Regarding GDT... we actually have to put effort into our GDTs now, right? I was just reading the SC board rules and if we don't, well, otherwise none of our GDTs are going to be used when it's our home ice because the mods are going to use the other team's GDT because those will actually have content.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Regarding GDT... we actually have to put effort into our GDTs now, right? I was just reading the SC board rules and if we don't, well, otherwise none of our GDTs are going to be used when it's our home ice because the mods are going to use the other team's GDT because those will actually have content.

why do we care? we are who we are and we do it for us. not them

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I am sure we will be able to throw something together

68d543c0-ecf0-11e3-a138-cf070f4c221a_Screen-Shot-2014-06-05-at-12-55-14-PM.png

images

2e65021cd5c0187f4876c3d10c81efb5.jpg

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia

Nothing new, wouldn't be the first time

:laugh:

Mickstix

Nov 30, 2010
Central Florida
not sur about holtby. based on trotz comments holtby doesn't need the rest and the next game isn't until Wednesday. maybe a whole week off was too much.

orlov wasn't going to play, I'd bet for salary cap reasons. otherwise which players on the roster could have played that didn't?

I wouldn't have showed the Rags Holtby again until the playoffs (if they happen to meet up) since the last time we played them Holts pretty much stoned em'.. Now they've got the mental edge back if that happens..

I'd of called up Brown and rested Brouwer.. He looked like he was skating gingerly vs Boston..

Didn't know of any cap reasons keeping Orlov from playing? I figured he just didn't look that good in practice or they don't trust his wrist.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

The outrage from the main board over our GDTs was the best part of our series vs the Rangers two years ago. I couldn't give two ****s if anyone else likes what we do.

Last edited by a moderator:

JenniferH

Holts Did It
Nov 7, 2013
Georgia
But I'd like the CAPITALS GDTs used when it's home ice, not the other teams so that the Caps are showcased, not the Islanders. It shows team spirit! The Caps are first, our guys are highlighted, wouldn't we prefer Ovi, Backstrom, Holtby, even Green in the spotlight over Tavares and Halak?!?!

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
But I'd like the CAPITALS GDTs used when it's home ice, not the other teams so that the Caps are showcased, not the Islanders. It shows team spirit! The Caps are first, our guys are highlighted, wouldn't we prefer Ovi, Backstrom, Holtby, even Green in the spotlight over Tavares and Halak?!?!

you want to make them?

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO

I'm going to make our first GDT with as little effort as possible.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
AFAIAC

Anyone can make a thread. Jennifer if you want to go for it, I say do it.

As long as there are subtle opposition mistakes in it

Lord knows our minimalist GDT protests have not led us to the promised land.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I wouldn't have showed the Rags Holtby again until the playoffs (if they happen to meet up) since the last time we played them Holts pretty much stoned em'.. Now they've got the mental edge back if that happens..

I'd of called up Brown and rested Brouwer.. He looked like he was skating gingerly vs Boston..

Didn't know of any cap reasons keeping Orlov from playing? I figured he just didn't look that good in practice or they don't trust his wrist.

remember that the caps get FOUR call ups of the non-emergency variety after the trade deadline. so, you don't use those until its an emergency, so to speak. you don't burn one to rest a guy for a meaningless game.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Tradition is tradition, I guess.

Jenn, we as a group decided that we didn't like the full page, giant gdt op. that they went overboard. the thread is to talk about the game, not to impress everybody about how much someone knows about hockey or how creative they are.

I don't need the Caps media deptartments full game notes they provide the working press before each game. So, we don't do that.

That is why its tradition. Again, what about our gdt showcases our team? that's just me. I don't care if fans of the Islanders or neutral fans see our gdt.

anyway. that's my opinion. if you want to post something different than we usually do, enjoy.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
anyway. that's my opinion. if you want to post something different than we usually do, enjoy.

This is the important part. We're not going to stifle effort and creativity in our GDTs.

If someone is doing something elaborate I would recommend getting it up early to avoid merging issues in the event someone else starts a minimalist one. Or post a note in the previous GDT or playoff thread stating your intention.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
What did Latta do to get a misconduct at the end?

Wearing a Caps jersey was enough to get a call last game. Brutal officiating. I still am in disbelief about that Ward call. He hit the guy in the chest squarely. Great hit.

The Rags made some perfect shots most of them lucky (Hayes and Moore's especially) while we shot wide or flubbed every single odd man break we had and we did get quite a few exposing that middle part of the ice when we crossed the blue line.

Gleason with a tough turnover but played a very gritty game. He was very good actually.

But the Caps were taking it easy that game. Gleason had the most TOI among defenders after the 2nd period. Carlson/Orpik were given light duty.

Galiev looks darn good out there. Very impressed.

We do need our big guys back in Wilson, Fehr and Beagle. Still we pummeled the Rags physically despite not going all out. Over a 7 game series most teams won't be able to take that kind of punishment.

foundhockey

Apr 29, 2012
Georgia, USA
Whoever does the GDT, list John Tavares as "Not Jamie Benn"

There's my contibution, though I'm fairly certain our first GDT will be that table throwing gif.

Now, with that all said, it would be cool to allow others to do at least one elaborate GDT.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Its always fun to watch the playoff board posters pissed at our GDT. We have to keep the tradition going.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Its always fun to watch the playoff board posters pissed at our GDT. We have to keep the tradition going.

they just end up using the away teams GDT on the main board anyways, but its fun if you catch it before the change up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad