GDT: G80: MIN @ CHI - 8PM Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Two more games like this for Faber, and I think he puts some pressure on the coaching staff to be the first call up in the playoffs, very impressive start in my eyes.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Good god.... I hope Folignos fight and weird helmet trophy isn't what is attributed as the reason we won.

We beat the worst (tied) team in the league. Shouldn't have been as bad as it was, even with the players out.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Two more games like this for Faber, and I think he puts some pressure on the coaching staff to be the first call up in the playoffs, very impressive start in my eyes.
As has been said though. Playoff hockey intensity is another level. Faber skates really well though and you can tell how smart he is. He was physical too when he needed to be. Reminded me a little of Suter actually.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Agreed. Based solely on tonight's game I dress him for 3rd pairing duties over anyone else.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I think they're going to want at least 1 of the last 2 to have the full expected playoff defense.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
As has been said though. Playoff hockey intensity is another level. Faber skates really well though and you can tell how smart he is. He was physical too when he needed to be. Reminded me a little of Suter actually.
He's more active than Suter, Suter more passively out muscles players who come near.
Faber is more like Brodin. Not going to out muscle anyone, but uses positioning, skating and stick placement to get it done.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Funny that Marc-André Fleury got the third star. haha..

Attachments

• Flowernotplaygetthirdstar.png
    Flowernotplaygetthirdstar.png
    140.9 KB · Views: 2

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
He's more active than Suter, Suter more passively out muscles players who come near.
Faber is more like Brodin. Not going to out muscle anyone, but uses positioning, skating and stick placement to get it done.
I was thinking specifically if the play where he dumped the hawk in on the forecheck in the corner with one hand still on his stick. It was good body position and leverage. Just a sneaky smart and quick play. He stick was very active too , just seem like a really smart player.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
It’s awesome to watch a prospect everyone has fixated on for a while come in and exceed expectations. It’s so unminnesota

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
They managed to pull a win out of their asses, but a win is a win, so I´m told.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad