GDT: G80: MIN @ CHI - 8PM Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Expecting a win, with Kap pissed that he didn’t get on the scoresheet last game, and Nyquist eager to impress and move up the lineup, instead of having to play with “shit players”.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Pls let the Austrian Baby Jesus loose
Let the memes begin!

Really looking forward to see Rossi, but also dreading seeing him getting caught from behind, and stripped of the puck on a rush. That is the worst!

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Mmm.. way prefer Rossi up with Nyquist and Foligno but whatever, I also understanding keeping the Iowa bros together.
Petan And Rossi are pretty good together. It might actually help them to play together, while,Hartman watches their backs and benefits from some of the nice dishes he is bound to get.

Impressed that they have decided to rest the others for the playoffs, though a bit surprised about Kaprizov. Maybe he still has a bit of soreness?

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Nice, looking forward to seeing an improved Rossi and how Faber looks at this level, exciting game from a future standpoint!

Lines will likely be in a blender by the end of the game minus the usual pairs. Chicago is not a great team but they do have young guys playing with effort to end the season, meaning this will be a decent test.

Hartman is playing really well and can help ease Rossi back in a little bit and hopefully give him a confidence boost. Hope he gets some PP time as well.

Curious to see what number Faber ends up with, guessing they give him a temp one for now.

Double edit: looks like he will be #7

Last edited:

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
2 main things I want to see from Rossi: I want him to look like he's playing hard, and I want him to look like he's handled a puck before. Both of those were very lacking his first time around.

And I'm not saying that he didn't play hard before, but he didn't look like he was playing hard because he was being very deliberate with his decisions, seemingly needing to think things through before reacting, which made it appear that he was playing slow.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Those lines are throw up worthy lol. Not gonna put Rossi with Boldy OR Nyquist? Really…
He is with Hartman, probably our best non-Boldy forward and who is playing very well lately, he will also start with depth matchups, which tracks with everything that the organization has said recently about not shoving him into the top of the lineup pressure immediately.

You would expect some experimentation over these final few games, I wouldn’t take the starting lines as written in stone either, he will likely see power play time and increased deployment if he shows well.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I’m not sure what to think of this strategy but I’ll enjoy watching the new kids

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
He is with Hartman, probably our best non-Boldy forward and who is playing very well lately, he will also start with depth matchups, which tracks with everything that the organization has said recently about not shoving him into the top of the lineup pressure immediately.

You would expect some experimentation over these final few games, I wouldn’t take the starting lines as written in stone either, he will likely see power play time and increased deployment if he shows well.
What’s the point of having him with Hartman or even playing Hartman at all? Hartman will be with Kap and Zucc for the playoffs. Rossi is going to be the 2C or 3C (likely 3) and that puts him next to either Boldy or Nyquist. I would hope they have some time to get acclimated to play styles.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
What’s the point of having him with Hartman or even playing Hartman at all? Hartman will be with Kap and Zucc for the playoffs. Rossi is going to be the 2C or 3C (likely 3) and that puts him next to either Boldy or Nyquist. I would hope they have some time to get acclimated to play styles.
Or Ek is going to likely be ready

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
You can only sit so many guys, Hartman is one of the more rested players on the team after injuries and he has the hottest hand so he can help Rossi get on the board and spur confidence. Nyquist is also going to have his ice time more managed while getting up to speed, there is still potential that they play and practice together over the next week. If the Rossi line plays well to start, I have a feeling that they will end up with a lot of minutes tonight so the other guys get a break.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Petan And Rossi are pretty good together. It might actually help them to play together, while,Hartman watches their backs and benefits from some of the nice dishes he is bound to get.

Impressed that they have decided to rest the others for the playoffs, though a bit surprised about Kaprizov. Maybe he still has a bit of soreness?
Well the reason is I COULD picture a future where Nyquist re-signs for cheap and becomes a pairing with Rossi on a 3rd line, so wanted to see if this game sparked anything. I have no hope in Petan other than being a fringe player/solid callup despite the fact he probably is a great AHL player. I remember watching him in the WHL and he was one of the most skilled players in the league.

Reactions: Sweetnut
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad