Post-Game Talk: G8: Isles @ Caps | Game 4 of 4 sans Covid Crew | 1/28/21 | 7p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Totally. What the hell?

You always get what you pay for. (???)

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten. (Ben Franklin)

Last time I saw a mouth like that it had a hook in it. (Rodney Dangerfield)

Creepville USA: Estimated population: Him

Last edited:
Reactions: Calicaps

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Man, still got a buzz from that 2nd period, and these 2 games vs. NYI have been some real 'come together as a team' moments

Imagine how a full crowd would've been after Big Z slammed the 5th goal home, ding-dang-diddily-boom!
love how Backi was hugging on him as hard as anyone from the bench, what a moment

Well done Caps! (ain't even mad about the weak 1st or the no offense 3rd, just basking in this one)

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
This comment from Isles GDT. It's gold:

"Not making excuses here but I'm thinking this group is just emotionally and physically drained from the deep run and defeat in the ECF..."

How many months has it been since they were knocked out by the Bolts? And the resumption was about 5 months after regular season got canned because of COVID :laugh:

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Man, still got a buzz from that 2nd period, and these 2 games vs. NYI have been some real 'come together as a team' moments

Imagine how a full crowd would've been after Big Z slammed the 5th goal home, ding-dang-diddily-boom!
love how Backi was hugging on him as hard as anyone from the bench, what a moment

Well done Caps! (ain't even mad about the weak 1st or the no offense 3rd, just basking in this one)

Yeah the only thing I'm mad about this game is that no fans were there to experience it. Would have been a hell of a rowdy crowd tonight.

JMUcapsfan07

Jan 29, 2010
NoVA
The team is tight. Has been. This is a great core in that regard. This would be another example of why you keep Oshie

Yeah, it seems like Oshie and Z have already gotten pretty tight based on some clips from pregame a few times this season and postgame tonight before his interview.

Reactions: Corby78

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Have t felt this good of hockey for couple years :)

Thank you Taxi-Caps! What a great run you had, and hope to see you all back visiting us while the season progresses.

We are going to get back to normal now. But I ask you fellow Caps-prisoners to not be too harsh on the Russian Four once the games urgency and intensity level drops again. Laviolette sold this span to the crew and they gave all they had, now that their saviour and his boys are back they all need a breather. Its not the russians fault, this level of over-achieving and playing at your limit is unsustainable for extended period of time.

Whatever goes down next, this will carry out to profit later. We gained huge confidence and team-synergy boost from these struggles and that will carry us when the things get rough again. But not every game can be like the ones we just saw. This could have never gonna last 50 games more, with or without the fab four.

Now lets give the Russians time to adapt to this newly spirited warrior-group, and if Lavi can get them onboard we are going to be real trouble.

Reactions: Aliceanna

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Have t felt this good of hockey for couple years :)

Thank you Taxi-Caps! What a great run you had, and hope to see you all back visiting us while the season progresses.

We are going to get back to normal now. But I ask you fellow Caps-prisoners to not be too harsh on the Russian Four once the games urgency and intensity level drops again. Laviolette sold this span to the crew and they gave all they had, now that their saviour and his boys are back they all need a breather. Its not the russians fault, this level of over-achieving and playing at your limit is unsustainable for extended period of time.

Whatever goes down next, this will carry out to profit later. We gained huge confidence and team-synergy boost from these struggles and that will carry us when the things get rough again. But not every game can be like the ones we just saw. This could have never gonna last 50 games more, with or without the fab four.

Now lets give the Russians time to adapt to this newly spirited warrior-group, and if Lavi can get them onboard we are going to be real trouble.

I like your positive view on all of this :)

I was thinking - hoping - this might be exactly what our team needed. The reality is, all of our Russian Four are players who are guaranteed a place on the team. Giving opportunities to our non-guaranteed roster guys (5th forward line and 7-8 D's) might be exactly the spark needed to get the competitive juices flowing. We now have about 15 forwards who are all worthy of playing in the top 12, and 8 D's who are capable of playing in the top 6. This could really be the positive team spirit and vibe that has been missing the last couple of years, post Cup.

And of course Laviolette deserves credit as well. This team doesn't look confused the way they did playing for Rierden.

Really excited about our team.

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
Id like Sheary to score a goal, out of the blue.

What a game. Think it says a lot about Chara to see the reaction to his goal - got absolutely mobbed, seems a hugely popular guy.

This should motivate the Russians when they come back - this is going to be a fun season

Last edited by a moderator:

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Overall, I’m trying to temper my enthusiasm.

It’s early, and while the Isles have (had) owned us, it’s still just the Isles. And the other 3 wins were the Sabres. So the teams aren’t Cup favourites that we’ve been beating. Only true “Cup Worthy” adversary was the Pens, and we did lose both (albeit we shouldn’t have).

that said, the means in which they are winning is *VERY* encouraging, and they do have depth in spades. The lower level players are contributing, which as we all now know, is the key to a long Cup Run. So they have the pieces this year. Lots of them.

I also full trust Laviolette to meld the pieces correctly. He’s done it multiple times in his past (3) so a 4th could be almost expected in some ways.

lots to like. LOTS

PS — I’m glad it’s the big bad Bruins on the docket next for the return of the Russian crew. I expect some form of a letdown by a lot of the players with Ovy back, but the Chara angle (and the Bruins strength as a team) should counter the letdown aspect. I fully expect Ovechkin and Chara to be bursting at the seams to get it rolling on Saturday, and that intensity will be felt throughout the room.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Overall, I’m trying to temper my enthusiasm.

It’s early, and while the Isles have (had) owned us, it’s still just the Isles. And the other 3 wins were the Sabres. So the teams aren’t Cup favourites that we’ve been beating. Only true “Cup Worthy” adversary was the Pens, and we did lose both (albeit we shouldn’t have).

that said, the means in which they are winning is *VERY* encouraging, and they do have depth in spades. The lower level players are contributing, which as we all now know, is the key to a long Cup Run. So they have the pieces this year. Lots of them.

I also full trust Laviolette to meld the pieces correctly. He’s done it multiple times in his past (3) so a 4th could be almost expected in some ways.

lots to like. LOTS

PS — I’m glad it’s the big bad Bruins on the docket next for the return of the Russian crew. I expect some form of a letdown by a lot of the players with Ovy back, but the Chara angle (and the Bruins strength as a team) should counter the letdown aspect. I fully expect Ovechkin and Chara to be bursting at the seams to get it rolling on Saturday, and that intensity will be felt throughout the room.

I am tempered by the goals against average. The competition doesnt bother me. This is a parity league. Buffalo is 2-1-1 against the Flyers and Rangers. They dont stink. The Islanders are always jacked for the Caps games for obvious reasons. That the Caps took them to school in two in a row is a really bad precedent for them to be setting on the table. The Caps embarrassed them twice in three nights.

What I am encouraged by is the results in the standings. The Caps have bought themselves cushion when they should have been struggling with a new system with a short camp and no pre season games. The Caps should have been bad and should have been starting in a hole. Instead they are almost never behind and havent lost in regulation. After 5 straight division titles its hard for me to see this opening stretch and not see a 6th.

Lastly, the celly with Chara last night made my heart happy and I dont think we should dismiss the meaning of that for the bigger picture

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
After the 3rd goal I decided to watch the final score and I was pleasantly surprised. Wondering how Ovi and Co will look after 10 days without skating

Sep 19, 2008
7kj5cwh7p9e61.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad