GDT: G78 WILD @ PENS - 6 CENTRAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bdub

Mar 27, 2021
This team is a joke. Whoever they play first round gus better be in nets.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
So who saw us going 0-6-1 after beating Colorado at home to take the division lead lol

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Maybe they call up Rossi? I'm hoping it's just a bad bruise for Ek
Ek has the toughness for the postseason. He has the punchable face. He knows how to get under the opponent's skin while also playing hockey. Rossi could fill a hole, but not the crater if Ek is out.

I really, really hope the coach can actually give an update. Good or bad. Just don't leave everyone hanging.

Reactions: Sweetnut

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
This team is a joke. Whoever they play first round gus better be in nets.
We would have lost with Gus in net tonight. Like we lost with him in net the other night. The guys in front are suddenly biting the big one.

Roman Maroni

Prepared to be underwhelmed
Sponsor
Dec 7, 2019
26A8C8D8-C715-4726-BA0A-82A89EA501DC.gif

Cmon Ek, we know ya got it in ya……

Seriously, that looked bad. Hope he’s ok. Him and Kap both need to be 100%, unfortunately it ain’t happening.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
I’m thinking the boys liked whatever golf/dune buggy/whatever they did in Las Vegas better than hockey. ;)

Looked noticeably slow tonight.

I don’t think Gus would have fared a whole lot better.
It was a shooting gallery for most of the first period.
Too many penalties.
Tons of lost face offs

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
It’s going to be Fluery
I'd be more concerned if they were giving the majority of the starts to Fleury right now. But it's been a good even split and till now, it's been working. They trust Gus. I could be very wrong, but I think after seeing what Gus is capable of, they're gonna rotate them. Just a continuation of the past couple of months, because if it aint broke, why mess with it. It was different last year. They brought In a big fish thinking they could ride him like it was 2009. Lesson learned. And Talbot ain't no Gus.

I'd start Gus in Game 1. If you go with Fleury and it's a bad game, it immediately results with flashbacks of last year. Mix it up. Gus can handle it. Get that first game, get more confidence.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
Coming back down to earth to where most thought we would be anyway with Kap out.
But Ek gone too? Too much.
Foligno has such a rudimentary hockey sense. No business on any PP other than right in front.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
I'd be more concerned if they were giving the majority of the starts to Fleury right now. But it's been a good even split and till now, it's been working. They trust Gus. I could be very wrong, but I think after seeing what Gus is capable of, they're gonna rotate them. Just a continuation of the past couple of months, because if it aint broke, why mess with it. It was different last year. They brought In a big fish thinking they could ride him like it was 2009. Lesson learned. And Talbot ain't no Gus.
With that play tonight I don’t care if Gus and Flower were both in. Flower made several excellent stops. But yes Gus seems a bit better. Not so much flopping but good positioning.

Hartman not moving his legs.
Zuc is on different page or on his ass.
Dumba almost gets blinded by high stick.
Those should be a suspension. Not open ice hits when the putz has his head down

Dewar and Shaw had some good chemistry going on 4th line energy but that’s gone.

Skating like they’re still hung over from Vegas.

Reactions: Sweetnut

Bdub

Mar 27, 2021
We would have lost with Gus in net tonight. Like we lost with him in net the other night. The guys in front are suddenly biting the big one.
Im aware of this but fleury is terrible. He should think of retirement.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Coming back down to earth to where most thought we would be anyway with Kap out.
But Ek gone too? Too much.
Foligno has such a rudimentary hockey sense. No business on any PP other than right in front.
Nyqvist in on PP should be an improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad