GDT: G77: VGK @ MIN - 7PM Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Can we never ever ever talk about how Zuccarello is anything other than a product of Kap? The dude is invisible and useless fully. Or is this his post season injury 20 games early???

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Can we never ever ever talk about how Zuccarello is anything other than a product of Kap? The dude is invisible and useless fully. Or is this his post season injury 20 games early???
Probably not, because he isn't. He's a complimentary top 6 winger... he has to compliment something bigger and better than himself.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
Possible.

Just need Gus + Kap + Boldy to be their best for 2 months.
and better breakouts, better boxing out/leverage and better overall posession time

Probably not, because he isn't. He's a complimentary top 6 winger... he has to compliment something bigger and better than himself.
Seems like 36 spends a lot of time on his behind but doesn't draw many penalties

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
He doesn’t look like anything more than a Sam Steel the last 20 games. I’m gonna guess injury will be the excuse but the reality is he’s aging out quickly right before our eyes.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
There was 3 Grade AAA chances in a row in third period. Looked like the last period in Denver.
Sounds like the other team gets paid too.

He doesn’t look like anything more than a Sam Steel the last 20 games. I’m gonna guess injury will be the excuse but the reality is he’s aging out quickly right before our eyes.
He has a lot more NHL equity than Sam Steel does, so I'm still going to give him at least that.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
Sounds like the other team gets paid too.

He has a lot more NHL equity than Sam Steel does, so I'm still going to give him at least that.
Kap needs Zuc to play well. he seems a little uninspired lately. Not much chemistry with Foligno.
Boldy needs Jo to play well
The Bus especially needs 5,24,3,4and 33 to all defend well.

Reactions: Webster

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Give it a break and show some respect. He's second in points and leads the team in assists by a fair margin.

Boldy couldn't get much done either without Johansson or Fiala, skilled players need skilled linemates. Zucc is back on top when Kap returns, they will need each other in the playoffs.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Give it a break and show some respect. He's second in points and leads the team in assists by a fair margin.

Boldy couldn't get much done either without Johansson or Fiala, skilled players need skilled linemates. Zucc is back on top when Kap returns, they will need each other in the playoffs.
To be fair, I think Kap showed last playoffs he is going to score no matter if Zucc is helping or not. I’m not sold that Kap needs Zucc as much as Zucc needs Kap. Regardless, it would be nice if that line could start producing more.

Since Kap got injured there’s been 12 games:
Boldy ~ 18pts
Eriksson Ek ~ 12pts
Johansson ~ 12pts
Hartman ~ 10pts
Zucc ~ 7pts
Reaves ~ 7pts

Yeah… Zucc is tied with Reaves for points since Kap went down…

Reactions: TaLoN

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I am a little disappointed that the Wild appear to be in a position to have road ice in the playoffs, but two losses in a row isn't irregular for any team in the NHL not named the Bruins. Frankly, the run the Wild were on was the irregularity. Overall, I'm still proud of them for the way they've played the last two months.

You know he didn't... lol
Maybe I'm missing an inside joke here, but I think he did. The rest of his sentence, and the next, doesn't make any sense if he didn't.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Zucc has been great with Kap…a complimentary first line W. Kudos to him for figuring out how to profit playing with one of the best players in the world. Not everyone can do it.

W/o him, not so much… a third liner. Let’s not pretend that he is playing with anything but mediocrity, and mediocrity that doesn’t fit his game, at that. Hartman is what he is. Ok when Kap is around, but was always the square peg in the round hole on that line, even when they were going well. Steel is benchwarmer who won’t be back on the team next year. Foligno is having a bad year, and is a completely different style of winger.

If Zucc was playing with Boldy, or maybe even MJo, v2, or even Rossi, we would see him miraculously improve before our eyes.

It’s time to separate Zucc(who has been a trooper for us), from some of the baggage that came with him, through no fault of his own.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
When a top player has top linemates they all become better, shouldn't be that hard to understand. Zucc is now missing a big part of his line. Another perfect example is Boldy who dried up when he lost Fiala, then Johansson arrived to save him.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
When a top player has top linemates they all become better, shouldn't be that hard to understand. Zucc is now missing a big part of his line. Another perfect example is Boldy who dried up when he lost Fiala, then Johansson arrived to save him.
Boldy is 21 and still figuring it out. Zucc is supposed to be a leader. He should be able to drive some play.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Surely you understand the difference between a 13 year veteran and a sophomore, right? Right!?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
It’s time to separate Zucc(who has been a trooper for us), from some of the baggage that came with him, through no fault of his own.

Problem is, when Kaprizov is out, Zuccarello doesn't fit anywhere in this current lineup. It's gonna be the same experience playing with Gaudreau and whoever on the third line as it is playing with Hartman and whoever on the top line.

Best thing you can do for now is probably drop his ice time from 20-21 minutes to 16-17 minutes until Kaprizov is back. Ideally maybe we'd be in a position where you can sit him for a few games while Kaprizov is out so he's not injured in the playoffs for the fourth straight season, and see what Walker/Beckman/maybe Rossi have, but the team isn't there.

if Nyquist was back, putting him there might work, but is Nyquist even going to be back before Kaprizov?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad