GDT: G76: Capitals @ Avalanche | 4/18/22 | 9:00p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Seems like Laviolette has shifted the starting spot to Samsonov again. Avs for him, Habs for Vanecek. This might end up being a nightmare game where both our goalies get torched.

Atleast the Avs have very little to play for and it's a road game.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Maybe this will get Oshie going, being on the top line.

I do like that Eller line with Willy and Mantha. They have been great. If we can get another line playing well, we could have 3 decent lines.

EYEuhFRAYtee

Smile
Apr 28, 2004
Sammy starting tonight?

45699256.jpg

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
Seems like Laviolette has shifted the starting spot to Samsonov again. Avs for him, Habs for Vanecek. This might end up being a nightmare game where both our goalies get torched.

Atleast the Avs have very little to play for and it's a road game.
Or maybe Sammy is the sacrificial lamb..seriously I dont know if there is any rhyme or reason who he plays.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Or maybe Sammy is the sacrificial lamb..seriously I dont know if there is any rhyme or reason who he plays.

Maybe....whoever looks better in practice and is healthiest, along with who they think has the best matchup vs that particular team?

VV has never faced Colorado. Sammy beat them in October of this year and has a sub-3.00 GAA with a sav% close to .900 in 2 games vs the Avs in his career.

Just a guess.

Reactions: Capitals40

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Burky with 4 goals. Makar knocks Willy into next week. Mac and Landy score 2 each. Backy scores a goal by collapsing and falling down in the crease mumbling about his unfair treatment on HF and the puck ricocheting off his butt.

midnight-staley-pain.gif

Also, how is it almost 7pm and I'm already intoxicated at the gym?

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
So I saw the second part of that Avs-Canes game last week.

The Avs announcers kept hyping up today’s game as “The Big One”, going on about how we are the only team in the NHL they haven’t gotten a point off of yet. Not sure who really cares, but it was kinda funny.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
So I saw the second part of that Avs-Canes game last week.

The Avs announcers kept hyping up today’s game as “The Big One”, going on about how we are the only team in the NHL they haven’t gotten a point off of yet. Not sure who really cares, but it was kinda funny.

They're probably not wrong. We beat them in Oct 6-3 and both teams have been whupping up on opponents recently.

This is a legit test the team should be ready for. Unlike Toronto which was just messing around. Not serious or anything.

Reactions: RedRocking
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad