GDT: G70: Caps @ Wild 1pm CT, 7pm Sweden, 8pm Lapa (BSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Happy to see you enjoying the games again, f7ben. :)
Well , the team has looked way more like they did last year this last handful of games. Good passing , good break outs and controlling whole shifts. Guerin deserves a ton of credit because it’s a lot of Marjo and Klinberg. Klingberg definitely has some defensive warts but his skating and breakouts and creative play provides awesome flow to the game when he’s involved.

Reactions: BagHead

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Well , the team has looked way more like they did last year this last handful of games. Good passing , good break outs and controlling whole shifts. Guerin deserves a ton of credit because it’s a lot of Marjo and Klinberg. Klingberg definitely has some defensive warts but his skating and breakouts and creative play provides awesome flow to the game when he’s involved.
I like Klingberg breaking out and entering the zone more than I like Klingberg when we are possessing the puck in the zone

Overall I feel the way you do about the team and there play. Feels like they are playing faster and more fluid and winning games rather than grinding.

I'm hoping the team continues to play even faster come the playoffs getting Kaprizov/Nyquist into the lineup and pushing down talent to the 4th line.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Klingberg was great in Dallas playoff run in 2020. 26 games, 4+17 for 21 points.
Just give him a few more games to get to know his team a little, he will be fine. But of course, he´s a dancer and will get in trouble at times. But as long as there is a cleanup guy like Bacon on the ice it will be ok in the long run

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
I hate when players feel a fight is needed after a clean hit
Maybe If a penalty wasnt originally called on a legal hit there should be an immediate instigator.

There seems to be some discrepancy in NHL and fans between what is a legal hit and what is a clean hit.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I like Klingberg breaking out and entering the zone more than I like Klingberg when we are possessing the puck in the zone

Overall I feel the way you do about the team and there play. Feels like they are playing faster and more fluid and winning games rather than grinding.

I'm hoping the team continues to play even faster come the playoffs getting Kaprizov/Nyquist into the lineup and pushing down talent to the 4th line.
That’s why I liked the Nyquist signing , we are seeing what just one speedy player can do when put in the lineup and they gel a little. Marjo and his speed and skill that came out of nowhere this year have completely changed the dynamic and I think Nyquist can do the same if he finds a similar role. I’d even like to give Nyquist a look attempting to center the top line. I mean if he somehow managed to fit in there and then our third line became Duhaime Gudreau Hartman this team could start to look deep. 4th line is some combination of Foligno Shaw Dewer Reaves etc. Things could look decent.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
It's still early, but if this continues, they need to find a way to fit him in long term. Just the effect he's had on Boldy is huge.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
I'm sure they are but we don't have enough Canadians playing for the team or interested in the team
There definitely aren’t enough Canadians on the team! 😊
I’d take McDavid , Bedard Marner and Makar anyday.

When the Wild take some steps toward sustained success, interest will definitely folllow.
32 teams. Quite a few will never sip out of the cup. Quite a few haven’t in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad