Pre-Game Talk: G7 - Who advances?

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I'll be cheering for them, but it will be from home. If it weren't for the fact that I've already bought my season tickets for next year, I wouldn't be buying them. I refuse to give them any more money until they start earning it. The problem is that the regular season is always good, we just **** the bed in the playoffs.
That's the wrong attitude to have though. I have zero doubt that the managment wants to win, and that's who your hurting with lack of ticket sells. You can see it in the whole Stillman family that they want this team to win.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
That's the wrong attitude to have though. I have zero doubt that the managment wants to win, and that's who your hurting with lack of ticket sells. You can see it in the whole Stillman family that they want this team to win.

Agreed. Stillman has more passion than anyone on this team. He loves the city, he loves the team, and he loves hockey. I will always support him with my season ticket money as long as he continues in that direction. The Lauries on the other hand....

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Scoring the first goal might not even be in the Blues' best interests since we'll likely just start turtling right away.

sad but true.

"ok boys we got the lead, lets just turtle it up for the next 55 minutes! we can do it"

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
I've been supporting them for 25 years with my ticket sales. I won't root for any other hockey team, and I will still be watching them from home, but I can't justify spending 15k a year on tickets and merchandise when we continue to get a subpar effort. Every year is supposed to be different. We really had a shot this year with the talent on this team, especially considering Chicago is considerably less potent than they have been. I don't know if it is the coaching staff, management, or the players; I'd say probably a little bit of everything. There should be no question that the core group should want this in the worst way by now, but every year the same result occurs and little change is made.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I honestly can't even imagine them winning. That's how little hope I have.

I think it's already over.

Prediction: the Blackhawks will either kill them from the start, or the Blues will grab a quick 2-0 lead and then end up losing 6-2. It's gonna be brutal to experience.

If we're making predictions on how we'll lose...

Third OT. Blackhawks take a delayed penalty, we have the puck behind the net, throw it out in front and the next second feels like an hour as we all watch the puck trundle into our empty net.

Bluesiest loss of all time.

I'd be expecting that if it didn't rely on the referees calling a penalty on Chicago in OT.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
If we're making predictions on how we'll lose...

Third OT. Blackhawks take a delayed penalty, we have the puck behind the net, throw it out in front and the next second feels like an hour as we all watch the puck trundle into our empty net.

Bluesiest loss of all time.

I'd be expecting that if it didn't rely on the referees calling a penalty on Chicago in OT.

Ill honestly be shocked in the Hawks have more than 1 penalty. And their 1 penalty will be a automatic one like delay of game. You can take that to the bank.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I think it's a fine attitude. If the Stillman family wants to win then he needs to make the right decisions for this franchise. Refuse to allow Hitchcock back. Take a long look at Armstrong.

That's the business of sports. How else are fans supposed to show their displeasure? It's not like we have the option to take money away from Hitchcock. Stillman and the owners are the only option and yeah it sucks for them, but people aren't going to spend money just because the owner is a nice guy. Fans are sick of the same old crap.

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
I think it's a fine attitude. If the Stillman family wants to win then he needs to make the right decisions for this franchise. Refuse to allow Hitchcock back. Take a long look at Armstrong.

That's the business of sports. How else are fans supposed to show their displeasure? It's not like we have the option to take money away from Hitchcock. Stillman and the owners are the only option and yeah it sucks for them, but people aren't going to spend money just because the owner is a nice guy. Fans are sick of the same old crap.

If they lose tomorrow (and I expect they will), Armstrong needs to be fired right away. Not in two weeks. Not in a month. Right away.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
If they lose tomorrow (and I expect they will), Armstrong needs to be fired right away. Not in two weeks. Not in a month. Right away.
I agree. Unfortunately it won't happen.

Fans will talk about how the roster is so much better than in 2012.

But the team in 2012 actually won a series.

Armstrong isn't the dumbest person on the planet but he's gotten A LOT of help along the way. Of the Blues best playoff performers, he only brought one of them in (Elliott) and I'd say that was pretty much luck given how little confidence the Blues have shown in him over the years.

All the guys people are bashing and want more out of (Stastny, Shattenkirk, Brouwer, Bouwmeester) are the guys he specifically brought in. Coincidence?

If Army and Hitch want to act as if they're connected at the hip, I want both gone.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

He's spending to the cap on a team where he doesn't have the income to support it. Do you honestly think he sits there and goes.." well the fans are still here, so whatever, this is fine". We'll never be on the inside of the organization to know what's going on and who's available. I HIGHLY doubt Hitch was their first choice to come back and by all measures except for the last week, he's done a good job. Armstrong on the other hand is still OK, he assembled a team that could convincingly beat the reigning champions, well almost I guess.

I'm extremely frustrated with how this has played out, I mean it's not even funny anymore. I'm no where near the financial support that the poster is and I can absolutely understand why he doesn't want to throw that money away. The reasoning just seems wrong to me.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
I agree. Unfortunately it won't happen.

Fans will talk about how the roster is so much better than in 2012.

But the team in 2012 actually won a series.

Armstrong isn't the dumbest person on the planet but he's gotten A LOT of help along the way. Of the Blues best playoff performers, he only brought one of them in (Elliott) and I'd say that was pretty much luck given how little confidence the Blues have shown in him over the years.

All the guys people are bashing and want more out of (Stastny, Shattenkirk, Brouwer, Bouwmeester) are the guys he specifically brought in. Coincidence?

If Army and Hitch want to act as if they're connected at the hip, I want both gone.

4 straight 1st round exits, Armstrong hasn't built a team good enough in my opinion. On paper we excellent, deep and strong but he's failed in 5 years to address the #1 center position and arguably the #1 goalie spot.
I'd love for St. Louis to hire Don Maloney (former Arizona GM). Don assembled the best forward prospect pool in the league, has made some great trades, and is very experienced. He also was in such a low budget team Arizona, making it harder for him, as Arizona isn't a franchise that can afford a full fledged rebuild like Toronto. They have to win to sell, so in our market (not huge, but not small) he could do some great things.

Don has a connection to Tippett, so maybe he brings him over from Arizona.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
I thought the Hawks would win in 5 so the Blues are overachieving. My heart will be pulling for the Blues but my brain tells me the Hawks will win.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
anyone who picks the blues either is very naive or just a blind homer.

Blues have not won a elimination game since Game 6 in 2000 vs SJ. They are 0-10 since then, including dropping Game 7 of that series on home ice (their last game 7 on home ice). They have blown a 3-1 lead to Van in that span, along with being swept and losing 4 straight to lose a series numerous times.

The ONLY thing the Blues have going for them is this. Many people said there was no way the Hawks would lose 3 in a row at home. Well there is also likely no way the Blues lose 3 in a row at home. But as I have said before, we are champions of choking. We know how to outchoke anyone. So I will go with what history tells me.

If Elliott lets in a shot from the redline, I will know that we are never winning a cup in this town.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Voted STL, but honestly think "just kill me". I can't take another year of getting kicked in the stomach by this team and we all know that is a very real and very likely possibility. If anybody is going to drive a knife through the eyes and into the brains...I just assume it be the Blues doing it to their fans, to put us out of this miserable cycle of disappointment. Rather than watch them drop 3 of 7 home games to Chicago and losing in the most agonizing way possible, they may as well drop pianos onto the head of every fan while walking into the Scottrade Center, and save us all the agony.

Reminds me of a scene from True Romance:

"That smarts, doesn't it? Getting slammed in the nose. ****s you all up. You get that pain shootin' through your brain, your eyes fill up with water. That ain't any kind of fun, but what I have to offer you, that's as good as it's gonna get. And it won't ever get that good again."

This team. Uggh.

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
Soon we all will be at peace.

tumblr_nvd5t3V0dq1uzae1ko1_500.gif

medkit

Mar 22, 2014
Hoping for the best, but I'd bet on the Hawks. Hitch seems to be losing the handle again.

Lakewood

Nov 17, 2013
If we get lucky bounces and pound them early and the refs don't get in the way I like our chances. I'd rather reaves play over ott at this point because he can bring more energy early hitting in the forecheck no get the crowd really in it.

If we get backing off the blue line and 27 and 19 play shadow games we lose. Hawks use or d as screens constantly when they have freedom behind the net. If we can't dominate puck possession we lose because our d. Bouwmeester has been brutal I hate to say. Shatty needs to be better and 91 needs more time. Elliott needs to calm and be better on rebounds. Backes needs to not kill penalties in the 3rd period. He's slow as molasses and has to coast half his shifts to make it through the game.

I'll be there like I am most games cheering. No fire hitch signs. You have to understand ownership needs a Winning regular season team. Odds are we lose tomorrow and both army and hitch stay, especially if Hawks make finals or cup. Sort of depressing but just the way it is.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
Blues. I'm going to try to believe, even if they don't.

This team can. I hope this team will.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad