Pre-Game Talk: G7 - Who advances?

HappyGilmore

May 5, 2015
Vancouver was up 3-0 against Chicago and won in game 7 after Chicago came back to tie the series 3-3.

LA was up 3-1 against Chicago and won in game 7 after Chicago came back to tie the series 3-3. In fact, here is LA's GDT for game 6: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1681283&page=32

A lot of those fans had no optimism after they lost that game, but the Kings ended up winning anyways.

I'm going to wait to review this team's playoff performance after this series is over. Now, it's time to regroup and get ready for game 7 at home.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Vancouver was up 3-0 against Chicago and won in game 7 after Chicago came back to tie the series 3-3.

LA was up 3-1 against Chicago and won in game 7 after Chicago came back to tie the series 3-3. In fact, here is LA's GDT for game 6: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1681283&page=32

A lot of those fans had no optimism after they lost that game, but the Kings ended up winning anyways.

I'm going to wait to review this team's playoff performance after this series is over. Now, it's time to regroup and get ready for game 7 at home.

I appreciate the perspective.

HockeyGuy73

Oct 29, 2010
Tad south of STL.
I took Chicago. Ive seen this one before.
UNder pressure, the D started to crack, and Elliott looked unsettled most of the night. Dont see how that gets better going into a game 7.

I triple dog dare them to prove me wrong though.

Edgar Carrow

The Misshapen Steed
Oct 12, 2013
Blackwater Park
It depends on the changes, if any, that Hitch decides to make.

Bo - Pie
Gun - God
Ed - Shatt

This has worked all season long. There was no reason to switch things up after Ed's one bad game, especially considering Bo and Shatt have consistently been the weakest links.

STL
Fabbri - Stastny - Brouwer
Steen - Berglund - Backes
Upshall - Brodziak - Reaves

Why was Fabbri moved away from Stastny? That was our best line for the past few months.

Elliott has been great for most of the series, being responsible for a couple wins himself, but he looked very startled last game. I'd give him the start, but I wouldn't be surprised nor all that upset if Allen starts. I'm confident that if we lose game 7, it won't be because of our goaltending, regardless of who gets the start.

Last edited:

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I still think we'll win, but I have little optimism beyond that.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
If this were a poll about who I want to win I'd click St. Louis 80 times, but it is asking my honest opinion...I chose Hawks. I think the Blues have mentally lost it. I think I have, too. I just can't handle another first round exit, followed by the "we'll do it next year" comments. The Blues should have put this away already if they were really a different team than years past.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
I've given up hoping as a Blues fan. I'm going to go down to the game on Monday and enjoy it from a pure hockey perspective and hope I see a good game. If they win great, if the lose, then Hitch is fired on Tuesday morning..great too. It is a win win as far as I'm concerned.

HappyGilmore

May 5, 2015
If this were a poll about who I want to win I'd click St. Louis 80 times, but it is asking my honest opinion...I chose Hawks. I think the Blues have mentally lost it. I think I have, too. I just can't handle another first round exit, followed by the "we'll do it next year" comments. The Blues should have put this away already if they were really a different team than years past.

The Kings did the same thing. They were up 3-1 against the Hawks and lost games 5 and 6. Honestly, the Blues almost ended game 5 in OT as they dominated the play, but OT is often like flipping a coin. It could go either way due to an awkward shot or a simple redirection. We'll see what happens in game 7.

HappyGilmore

May 5, 2015
It depends on the changes, if any, that Hitch decides to make.

Bo - Pie
Gun - God
Ed - Shatt

This has worked all season long. There was no reason to switch things up after Ed's one bad game, especially considering Bo and Shatt have consistently been the weakest links.

STL
Fabbri - Stastny - Brouwer
Steen - Berglund - Backes
Upshall - Brodziak - Reaves

Why was Fabbri moved away from Stastny? That was our best line for the past few months.

Elliott has been great for most of the series, being responsible for a couple wins himself, but he looked very startled last game. I'd give him the start, but I wouldn't be surprised nor all that upset if Allen starts. I'm confident that if we lose game 7, it won't be because of our goaltending, regardless of who gets the start.

Hmm. We have God with a gun going into game 7? That might work against the Hawks. :D

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I find that I'm more concerned about officiating deciding the outcome again.

I sure hope the Blues can get al early goal to wash away the ugly taste from last night. Nothing to allow continuity with last nights performance for either squad.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
The Kings did the same thing. They were up 3-1 against the Hawks and lost games 5 and 6. Honestly, the Blues almost ended game 5 in OT as they dominated the play, but OT is often like flipping a coin. It could go either way due to an awkward shot or a simple redirection. We'll see what happens in game 7.

I really wish I could have your optimism about a Blues win tomorrow. I feel like if I pick St. Louis to win I'm the kid that is about to touch the hot stove again, for the fourth time, because I never learn.

bluemandan

Ya Ma Goo!
Mar 18, 2008
LET'S GO BLUES! ! !

We're gonna come home, take off our skates, and stab them in the eyes!

I mean, Blues win.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Playoff experience

hawks will win and its sooooo irritating cause then they will steamroll the Seguin-less Stars next round

just once I wanted to see a playoffs without both the Kings and Hawks

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

BrianElliottLaugh.gif

Ofc we win, Berglund GWG and Backes empty netter.

WeWantTacos

they said aw-reety an' they was aw-righty
Apr 6, 2012
Brett Hallway
The Blues should give everybody a free hot dog at Scottrade on Monday, that way they can at least say they bought us dinner before they ****ed us AGAIN.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
The Blues should give everybody a free hot dog at Scottrade on Monday, that way they can at least say they bought us dinner before they ****ed us AGAIN.

You've obviously never had the hot dogs there. That's like insult to injury! haha

HappyGilmore

May 5, 2015
I still believe.

Same here. Reset the lines so Steen-Berglund-Backes can go up against Toews and Kane while the STL and FSB lines can run loose. Also, get Edmunson back in the lineup and taking Bortuzzo out should reset our defensive pairings.

Pick your heads up, guys! Cry all you want after game 7, win or lose but not now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad