GDT: G65: Wild @ Jets 6:30pm CT (BSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
That goes both ways, it would be pretty naive to think that Kaprizov can keep up the same production without Zuccarello or another player at his level.

But I don't think it's smart to play them 20 minutes a game or more, this will wear them down, and even more so for Zucc.
I do think it would be wise to rotate someone out as the healthy scratch every once in awhile. Not sure they are going to do that with Zucc, but Spurgeon/Dumba/Klingberg/Addison should allow for everyone to be fresh at RD.

Zucc is due for this year’s injury right before the playoffs so he becomes almost a non factor. I wouldn’t be opposed to giving him a rest day.

Reactions: 57special

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Not sure how anyone can be unhappy with Zucc, considering his cap hit, and expectations going in. The guy completely and utterly understands that he is the Robin to our Batman, and acts accordingly. Has, and continues to, put up excellent numbers.
Can he do better? Sure. Maybe, if Hartman keeps on his upward trajectory, try to find him a bit more rather than always try to thread the needle to Kap, but to be fair to Zucc, Hartman was complete crap till recently, and Steel was an offensive black hole before that.

I think both he and Kap are very happy to play with other capable offensive players. You can see how they work well together with Spurgeon, and I see signs of them understanding that Klingberg is also a guy that they can “play with”.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Not sure how anyone can be unhappy with Zucc, considering his cap hit, and expectations going in. The guy completely and utterly understands that he is the Robin to our Batman, and acts accordingly. Has, and continues to, put up excellent numbers.
Can he do better? Sure. Maybe, if Hartman keeps on his upward trajectory, try to find him a bit more rather than always try to thread the needle to Kap, but to be fair to Zucc, Hartman was complete crap till recently, and Steel was an offensive black hole before that.

I think both he and Kap are very happy to play with other capable offensive players. You can see how they work well together with Spurgeon, and I see signs of them understanding that Klingberg is also a guy that they can “play with”.
I have no problems with how Zucc has performed overall with Kap. There is no denying though that he has played especially poorly of late and is not getting younger.

Zucc becomes an easy target on this forum though for reasons beyond his control.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I have no problems with how Zucc has performed overall with Kap. There is no denying though that he has played especially poorly of late and is not getting younger.

Zucc becomes an easy target on this forum though for reasons beyond his control.
I’ll agree with the last sentence, but even there, I detect some signs of a change of behavior, which would be welcome.

One other thing about Zucc. He, like most offensive players, makes some ugly turnovers, but I’ve also noticed that he will also haul ass back checking when there is need.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
He played well overall vs Calgary.
Yeah, good first game, not so good second game, I do like the potential there though, he makes some good plays with the puck and I think we will be useful when he gets a bit more chemistry going.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Is Sundqvist better than Steel at this point? He looked bad.
I'm not expecting much more than a grindy bottom sixer and that's what I am getting so I'm not overly disappointed thus far. But with expectations set low, I'm also looking forward to get surprised when he starts developing chemistry and learning the team's system.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Oh dear...here it is, not so innocent after all. Stanley got his revenge.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Time to learn how to score some goals without Kap. Honestly, it would do them good. I'm tired of relying on just him every night. A one man team isn't a threat in the postseason.

Last edited:

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
One guy on the team, except maybe Gus, who is irreplaceable. Oh well, time for some players to step up. At least we know that this team can play D, and that’s not Kap’s strongpoint. Our PP without him, however…:skeptic:

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Sounds like a medium-grade strain of some sort. Our PP should have both Addison/Klingberg on it. I'm not convinced Goligoski is better defensively than Addison in a meaningful way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad