GDT: G65: Wild @ Jets 6:30pm CT (BSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It was a scuzzy move by Stanley. He knew he had him in an awkward position, and he continued to apply pressure to him. Tried to injure him, basically.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Wabit

May 23, 2016
The Flames are 4 points back and the Jets have a game in hand. Last 10 games doesn't mean more to me than the overall record when we're 75% through the season. The Preds are down 6 points with 3 games in hand. But they just traded away nino, granlund, jeannot, ekholm and lost Johansen for the season. They're not making a run.

Well The first 40 games of the season they were 26-13-1. The 25 games since they they are 10-13-2. Their next 4 games are @ FL, @ TB, @ Canes, BOS. Not a lineup of games I'd want to see with a goalie that has been carrying the team all season in a funk.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Zucc hasn’t done shit in 20 games even with Kap , what’s he gonna do without him lol
Looks like you need to get updated because Zucc has a couple of goals +12 assists in the last 20 games, all of them on Kap's 13 goals in these games. So those two need each other, they're a mile ahead of the other players.

Just have to hope that Kap's injury isn't serious, but if he's out for a while they should let Boldy play with Zucc. I think Boldy will feel more confident playing with a skilled veteran like him.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Looks like you need to get updated because Zucc has a couple of goals +12 assists in the last 20 games, all of them on Kap's 13 goals in these games. So those two need each other, they're a mile ahead of the other players.

Just have to hope that Kap's injury isn't serious, but if he's out for a while they should let Boldy play with Zucc. I think Boldy will feel more confident playing with a skilled veteran like him.
So pacing 8 goals and less than 60 points over a full season playing with Kap lol , yah ….real good

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
What an ugly game last night. The Wild played poorly and were lucky to escape with a win.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
should stanley get a suspension for his dirty play?
Don’t think you can do anything. It wasn’t overtly dirty. Just took advantage of a guy in a vulnerable position. As Walz said, “He didn’t need to do that.”

Stanley said he was “finishing his check”, which is code for hitting after the puck is gone. The guy was in the ice w/o the puck, and his body in an extremely awkward position, but yeah, let’s “finish the check”.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
should stanley get a suspension for his dirty play?
Morally? Yes, he probably should but, by the rules, what would you suspend him for?

He didn't actually hit him in a way that is against the rules (as far as I can tell), even though it did appear to be intent to injure. If we start down that path, would cleanly hitting someone as hard as you can be considered intent to injure? I mean, you could have let up, right? A "clean" hit is a clean hit regardless of the outcome.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Morally? Yes, he probably should but, by the rules, what would you suspend him for?

He didn't actually hit him in a way that is against the rules (as far as I can tell), even though it did appear to be intent to injure. If we start down that path, would cleanly hitting someone as hard as you can be considered intent to injure? I mean, you could have let up, right? A "clean" hit is a clean hit regardless of the outcome.
10 yards for “piling on”? My favorite old school football penalty ever.

I will say this. I won’t shed a tear if Stanley were to be injured by someone on a dirty, or even borderline action.

Reactions: BagHead

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
10 yards for “piling on”? My favorite old school football penalty ever.

I will say this. I won’t shed a tear if Stanley were to be injured by someone on a dirty, or even borderline action.
I wasn't going to say it, but I was thinking it. And I'm typically a very peaceful guy.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Honestly, I think it's just sort of the result when a 5'10" guy tries to do a bit of a reverse check on a 6'7" guy. I'm not really seeing the malicious part here.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I think the point is more that Kap inflates his numbers, numbers that have been trending downward the last month or so even with that inflation
That goes both ways, it would be pretty naive to think that Kaprizov can keep up the same production without Zuccarello or another player at his level.

But I don't think it's smart to play them 20 minutes a game or more, this will wear them down, and even more so for Zucc.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
That goes both ways, it would be pretty naive to think that Kaprizov can keep up the same production without Zuccarello or another player at his level.

But I don't think it's smart to play them 20 minutes a game or more, this will wear them down, and even more so for Zucc.
I think you overestimate how much Zucc elevates Kap vs the other way around.

Good players help good players, yes, but great players elevate good players MORE.

Zucc is replaceable, Kap is not.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I think you overestimate how much Zucc elevates Kap vs the other way around.

Good players help good players, yes, but great players elevate good players MORE.

Zucc is replaceable, Kap is not.
Zucc has taken a significant step back this year which makes what has to happen way way easier

Reactions: TaLoN

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Zucc has taken a significant step back this year which makes what has to happen way way easier
This is nonsense. He only needs 11 points to hit 70, his career year last season. And there are 18 games to go...

I think most people agree that Zucc has outplayed his contract by a fair margin, and that's something you should appreciate. And it wouldn't surprise if he takes a huge discount to stay here.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
This is nonsense. He only needs 11 points to hit 70, his career year last season. And there are 18 games to go...

I think most people agree that Zucc has outplayed his contract by a fair margin, and that's something you should appreciate. And it wouldn't surprise if he takes a huge discount to stay here.
He only did so because Kap arrived. Prior to that....

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Shorter shifts are 100% within a player's control.

Meanwhile, Kap is still pacing 100+
No he isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad