GDT: G60: Ducks vs Wild 7pm CT/3am Finland (FSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
The problem is Suter slows the play down so much its unsuccesful. Its not hard to see that our PP is extremely easy to stop.

The whole pp is slow and predictable.
Suter is the "reset". That's literally his job to pull the PK'ers away from Granlunds side of the ice and then give it back to him. If the PK'ers don't move with Suter, that's when you see the one-timer from Aberg. Granlund and Parise on the halfwalls are who make the PP slow. Parise is terrible at moving the puck on the PP.

Reactions: THE JAM

nt3005

Jan 12, 2015
Dakota Territory
Suter is the "reset". That's literally his job to pull the PK'ers away from Granlunds side of the ice and then give it back to him. If the PK'ers don't move with Suter, that's when you see the one-timer from Aberg. Granlund and Parise on the halfwalls are who make the PP slow. Parise is terrible at moving the puck on the PP.

Parise wasn't playing the halfwall. The setup should move between all 3 guys up top in an umbrella. Back and forth between two doesn't make for movement.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Parise wasn't playing the halfwall. The setup should move between all 3 guys up top in an umbrella. Back and forth between two doesn't make for movement.
Parise has been playing the RW wall. Granlund was there last night.

nt3005

Jan 12, 2015
Dakota Territory
Parise has been playing the RW wall. Granlund was there last night.

Thats all fine and well that he has been. But specifically last night, Aberg was on the left, and Suter wouldn't pass the puck that direction. Then Granlund tries high risk passes across the middle that lose zone time.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Thats all fine and well that he has been. But specifically last night, Aberg was on the left, and Suter wouldn't pass the puck that direction. Then Granlund tries high risk passes across the middle that lose zone time.
I already explained that to you. The Wild want the puck on Granlunds stick. They feel they have a better chance of him creating something than having Aberg hit 0ne-timers from the circle. Even with said, I remeber Aberg taking a handful of shots on the PP.

nt3005

Jan 12, 2015
Dakota Territory
I already explained that to you. The Wild want the puck on Granlunds stick. They feel they have a better chance of him creating something than having Aberg hit 0ne-timers from the circle. Even with said, I remeber Aberg taking a handful of shots on the PP.

I don't need you to explain it. I understand. But it doesn't work.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
The solution is faster puck movement, which would include passing it to Aberg, I never said I want Aberg to only wind up from there, but you can see he atleast has some offensive vision.
Faster puck movement around the perimeter doesn't do much though. The PK doesn't have to move when the puck is on the outside. Faster movement through the seems and into the slot would be nice, but tagain, hat's not Suter's job.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The solution is faster puck movement, which would include passing it to Aberg, I never said I want Aberg to only wind up from there, but you can see he atleast has some offensive vision.
We don't have the quality puck handlers for that. We have too many guys that fumble pucks and pass ahead/behind/into players skates to have success in that manner.

They have the PP run through Granlund because he's the one guy who can "usually" handle the puck consistently and get passes through onto another player's tape.

When Dumba was healthy, he and Dumba were a lethal PP combo... we have nobody that can shoot like Dumba though until he gets back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad