GDT: G60: Ducks vs Wild 7pm CT/3am Finland (FSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Who: Minnesota Wild (27-26-6) vs. Anaheim Ducks (23-27-9)
Puck drop: 7:08 p.m. CT
Watch: FOX Sports North; FOX Sports app
Listen: KFAN FM 100.3, Wild Radio Network, Wild NHL App

Monday's practice at TRIA Rink at Treasure Island Center was about positive reinforcement for the Wild. Coach Bruce Boudreau wasn't ready to heap loads of praise on a club that lost 4-0 to the Blues on Sunday afternoon, but he wasn't prepared to hit the panic button just yet.
"I thought the mood [of the players] was upbeat out there," Boudreau said. "They had their 12 hours to sulk, but if you stay sulky, man, you're not getting anywhere. It's a tough business any time, but you've gotta feel like you're ready to start playing better."
Boudreau said Monday, and players did following the game on Sunday, that the Wild simply needs one spark to get things going in the right direction.
How it's going to get that spark is yet to be seen. But so often, one bounce or one break can make for a 180-degree turn.

"You try to be able to create it through practice and things," Boudreau said. "It doesn't take much. It's getting to [the playoffs] and then anything can happen. And if you don't believe that, then there's no use even trying to get in. But we believe it and we'll fight right until the bitter end."

you-can-do-it-meme-2-1.jpeg

Lets Go Wild.

Last edited:

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Our schedule is actually pretty convenient: we can keep losing to bad teams right up to the deadline, then we can start wailing on playoff teams for the rest of the year.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I'm thinking the coin toss failed me for the GDT theme. Here was the loser:

1boshd.jpg

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
It can't be a common thing in NHL history for a coach to be coaching against a coach who fired him (in favor of the coach he just fired).

Safe bet: an ugly game.

Reactions: Beretta 390

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
I'm sick today. I've always maintained that February in Minnesota is the worst month of the year, but on top of the Wild sucking major dong, I've had severe inflammation of the lungs caused by a viral infection, the polar vortex happened which left me stranded at a grocery store, and now I'm sick again with a cold.

Not sure if I would rather see the Wild demolish tonight, or just lose. No in between.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

What was he insurance for? Maybe Aberg not making it into the line-up?
Edit: Sounds like it was because Granlund's expecting a baby.

Last edited:

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I’m playing a new game tonight. Anytime “fletcher’s core” turns it over I’m taking a shot.

His core includes(Coyle, granlund, brodin, Zucker, spurgeon, Parise, Suter)

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
It can't be a common thing in NHL history for a coach to be coaching against a coach who fired him (in favor of the coach he just fired).

Safe bet: an ugly game.
Should tell quite a bit as to how the players feel about Boudreau

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
So if the Wild lose tonight w/ Bob Murray coaching the Ducks, does Bruce just quit? I wouldn't blame him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad