GDT: G55 - MIN @ STL - 8PM Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
When your starter is clearly tiring and playing like a sieve for weeks on end you go to the 1a/1b rotation and play whoever’s hotter. Kahk is every bit as responsible for this team being where they are as Talbnyk

He did have a very neat 9 game stretch.

One could also say that giving your 1A the chance to right the ship going into the playoffs is the correct thing to do.

I'm still not really sure what the complaint is. These last 4 games are being played exactly like they should, with each goalie 1 game in the b2b's.

The only thing you can really look at is the April 28/29 when Talbot got both against Vegas.

You might want to rephrase "weeks on end".

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
"Just before the playoffs" kind of narrowed down the timeline.
Whereas riding and getting rusty takes some time.
Kaapo played 4 games in the month and was in net for 9 goals before that. I cannot imagine much worse goalie management.
And Talbot is all but hot in the last weeks.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
He did have a very neat 9 game stretch.

One could also say that giving your 1A the chance to right the ship going into the playoffs is the correct thing to do.

I'm still not really sure what the complaint is. These last 4 games are being played exactly like they should, with each goalie 1 game in the b2b's.

The only thing you can really look at is the April 28/29 when Talbot got both against Vegas.

You might want to rephrase "weeks on end".
Talbot has been bad even in the wins recently.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Not to beat a dead horse with the goalies, but when was the last time Evason pulled one and switched it up during a game?

That said, I'm a huge Debbie Downer, but I wouldn't draw conclusions just from this game tonight. The Blues are good and are peaking at the right time.

I don't think there are character issues or that nothing has changed with this club. I DO think they've been taking it easy since clinching, but that shouldn't overshadow the success they've had to get to this point. Do I think they'll make the second round? Nope. But do I have better hopes of the direction they're going overall? Absolutely. They just have more work to do and players to add before reaching the next step.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Talbot has been bad even in the wins recently.

That still doesn't mean that Kahkonen should get both Anaheim games and both St. Louis games here, which is what I think people are saying should happen, because I don't know what else the complaining would be about.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Kahk has played only 5 of the last 20 games while Talbot has largely played poorly in the stretch.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Not to beat a dead horse with the goalies, but when was the last time Evason pulled one and switched it up during a game?

That said, I'm a huge Debbie Downer, but I wouldn't draw conclusions just from this game tonight. The Blues are good and are peaking at the right time.

I don't think there are character issues or that nothing has changed with this club. I DO think they've been taking it easy since clinching, but that shouldn't overshadow the success they've had to get to this point. Do I think they'll make the second round? Nope. But do I have better hopes of the direction they're going overall? Absolutely. They just have more work to do and players to add before reaching the next step.

This could also fairly easily be a 2-2 game right now.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
That still doesn't mean that Kahkonen should get both Anaheim games and both St. Louis games here, which is what I think people are saying should happen, because I don't know what else the complaining would be about.
I’m saying they should have split time close to evenly the last 5 weeks being that Talbot wasn’t nearly dialed in. Instead we let Kahk get f***ing shelled 9 goals in a game and then sat him.

Reactions: 57special

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I’m saying they should have split time close to evenly the last 5 weeks being that Talbot wasn’t nearly dialed in. Instead we let Kahk get f***ing shelled 9 goals in a game and then sat him.
I wanted KK to get a few more games, but you can't split them evenly when in the middle of a playoff race. Not when the starter was playing much better. Talbot is the #1 guy, and he needed to carry majority of the workload.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
A lot of teams do that though. Although I'd rather the guys just sit out if that is the team's goal.

Agreed, but wild make it too obvious

I didn't expect this at all , like this bad game but a part of me as a long time wild fan, & Minnesota team fans, part of me feels like I shouldn't be surprised, or shocked. At the same time sad because it's a reminder some things still need to change

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Kahk has played only 5 of the last 20 games while Talbot has largely played poorly in the stretch.

In Talbot's last 23 games (counting tonight), he has:

11 games of > 92% save
2 games of 91 to 92% save
4 games of 90 to 91% save
6 games of < 90% save

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I wanted KK to get a few more games, but you can't split them evenly when in the middle of a playoff race. Not when one goalie was playing much better.
Kahk should have played more and we should have let Talbot keep his numbers up so he could be dangled to Seattle or traded this summer. He served his purpose.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Kahk should have played more and we should have let Talbot keep his numbers up so he could be dangled to Seattle or traded this summer. He served his purpose.
So instead of focusing on the playoff race, we should have focused on the expansion draft by sitting Talbot?

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
So instead of focusing on the playoff race, we should have focused on the expansion draft by sitting Talbot?
How would playing Kahk more who has been every bit as good not be “focusing on the playoffs”

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
If they were going to come out and lay down why the f*** not rest guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad