GDT: G51: VGK @ MIN - 7 PM Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I think Guerin is going to be on the hot seat; his decisions have been questionable at best and he probably reassured Leipold that the team would still be competitive even after the buyouts. This ...whatever this is, isn't what Leipold signed up for.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think Guerin is going to be on the hot seat; his decisions have been questionable at best and he probably reassured Leipold that the team would still be competitive even after the buyouts. This ...whatever this is, isn't what Leipold signed up for.

This is exactly what Leipold signed up for when he agreed to those Suter and Parise contracts, and then again when he agreed to buy them out. If Leipold thought he was gonna have a perennial playoff team with a 17% cap penalty, he doesn't know how the NHL works.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Can’t wait to watch this team against New Jersey.
1676000126744.gif

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Nah. When BG sold the buyouts to Leipold I think everyone understood the recapture was going to be challenging to downright miserable. Now.... if we don't have anything going on after the dead cap is over, yeah.... he's toast.

Edit. And, we've developed a great prospect pool + not sending picks away

Roman Maroni

Prepared to be underwhelmed
Sponsor
Dec 7, 2019
I used to get mad when watching Greenway, now I only get sad. I used to to think he would be a good player…no way, now.
I think he’s a big reason why Foligno is struggling too. Last year everyone was bragging up Folignos scoring, and people were saying it was because of Greenway along the boards. Looks like Greenway don’t care any more

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Nah. When BG sold the buyouts to Leipold I think everyone understood the recapture was going to be challenging to downright miserable. Now.... if we don't have anything going on after the dead cap is over, yeah.... he's toast.
He probably gets a 3 year window after the buyouts to make something happen, yeah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad