GDT: G51: VGK @ MIN - 7 PM Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Dang I got soaked leaving Disney and paid $50 + tip for a Lyft that took 45 mins to arrive to get back to the hotel.

Sounds like this was a better night than watching the hockey game.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I think this team was set up to underachieve last year too to get better picks. Only problem was about 4 guys had insane years and ruined that too.
I said this last year and was told I was in tin foil hat land because of the best record Wild team ever.

They were more lucky than good with the empty net play getting them a bunch of points in games they should have lost in regulation.

Reactions: lordtrillson

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Nah. When BG sold the buyouts to Leipold I think everyone understood the recapture was going to be challenging to downright miserable. Now.... if we don't have anything going on after the dead cap is over, yeah.... he's toast.

Edit. And, we've developed a great prospect pool + not sending picks away
Prospects don't mean squat at this point. Guerin has made this team worse each season. I don't think Leipold would have signed off on the buyouts if Guerin didn't sell him a way to be competitive each season.

Bdub

Mar 27, 2021
Get rid of Greenway he is a slow sluggy hack. Good team tank loss though. The wheels are flying off now.

Reactions: j c petit

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Prospects don't mean squat at this point. Guerin has made this team worse each season. I don't think Leipold would have signed off on the buyouts if Guerin didn't sell him a way to be competitive each season.
I disagree regarding the prospects. I'm firmly holding my judgment on whether or not the team is better until the dead cap is gone.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Dang I got soaked leaving Disney and paid $50 + tip for a Lyft that took 45 mins to arrive to get back to the hotel.

Sounds like this was a better night than watching the hockey game.
I just watched the Wild get smoked, now I'm going to Disneyland

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
He’s rebuilt our prospect pool from nothing to #1. That is something considering they’ve made the playoffs every year he’s been GM.

This is the year to drop down though. Get a nice new shiny #1 center prospect. One of those U18 USA centers would be perfect.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
He’s rebuilt our prospect pool from nothing to #1. That is something considering they’ve made the playoffs every year he’s been GM.

This is the year to drop down though. Get a nice new shiny #1 center prospect. One of those U18 USA centers would be perfect.
Fletcher also rebuilt the prospect pool from nothing to a top 5 group including the best prospect in the world at the time.

I want more first rounders this year.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
We are the #1 prospect pool according to Wheeler, and Wheeler only. He rates Rossi really highly, and that’s fine, but you could also make a very strong argument that Rossi isn’t even close to living up to his draft spot, and his lack of speed and strength has been exposed in pro hockey, making him a long shot to ever be an impact player in the NHL. Hell, he can’t skate away from, or fight off, checkers in the AHL.

He also rates Ohgren really highly, who has been mediocre in a second tier Swedish pro league. He looked ok in the WJC , but not even close to being a top forward… I don’t get how he is so highly ranked. Yurov, who knows? He doesn’t get played.

You can argue that Bankier, Petrovsky, and spacek showed at least well, if not very well, at the WJC's, and that's great, but where someone was picked in the draft should not be a major factor in determining their ability to be a really good NHL player 3 years later. I would bet that Wheeler hasn't watched more than a few minutes of Rossi's play this year, and still is influenced by his play with Ottawa in his draft year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad