GDT: G50: MIN @ DAL - 7:30 PM Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
20-30 year olds have plenty of draw to pro sports. Trust me, I’m in that group. Bally could certainly make things more accessible. I used to have everything all in one on Hulu until they removed fox sports on everything but directtv stream (yuck).

If YouTube TV got BSN, it would save me a lot of money. I already have their premium addition. Having not watched an ad in forever it was definitely worth it.

I think the problem with viewership is they are making it more and more difficult to watch. That’s why I like Bally streaming it. At least I can go right to the source instead of balancing which streaming service has access to this and which source has access to that, etc etc.
It's the blackout stuff that's the actual problem. The idea that by subscribing to ESPN+ I can get basically all NHL games except the ones I'm in the blackout area for, and that I need a separate and more expensive subscription to get those, isn't a model that has a future.

Whether that dooms Sinclair and the regional sports networks entirely or just forces them to update their business model, I have no idea. But the league is going to lose eyeballs over time if they keep playing along with it.

Reactions: TaLoN

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
YouTube and Twitch don’t have Wild hockey.
I beg to differ. I catch at least half my Wild games via extended highlights these days. How many services can I really be expected to sign up for to watch one program? Watching the Wild is like Watching Game of Thrones if GoT had been on HBO one week, AMC the next week, and ESPN+ the week after that, and you're expected to pay for all 3 channels separately. Both shows are exciting early on, start making you wonder about them toward the halfway mark, and have a disappointing ending.

Won't lie, pro sports are becoming less of a draw for me as an individual. They've just become so inaccessible.

Reactions: TaLoN and Bazeek

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
20-30 year olds have plenty of draw to pro sports. Trust me, I’m in that group. Bally could certainly make things more accessible. I used to have everything all in one on Hulu until they removed fox sports on everything but directtv stream (yuck).

If YouTube TV got BSN, it would save me a lot of money. I already have their premium addition. Having not watched an ad in forever it was definitely worth it.

I think the problem with viewership is they are making it more and more difficult to watch. That’s why I like Bally streaming it. At least I can go right to the source instead of balancing which streaming service has access to this and which source has access to that, etc etc.
Personally, I will never subscribe to BS because it's owned by Sinclair. Sinclair is the devil of media companies.

Reactions: TaLoN

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Surprised to see that we outshot Dallas last night.

A lot of players looked pretty bad. Greenway, Hartman, Foligno never were puck wizards, but right now it’s as if they are allergic to the puck on their stick, and they aren’t effective on the forecheck like they used to be. Back check, either, for that matter. Greenway is really hurting the team, and Hartman isn’t far behind
Gaudreau had a bad game, and Steel was his usual unawesome self. Wondering how many points he will put up w/o being carried by Kap and Zucc? He is Jost, essentially, though it’s nice that his cap hit is less. Hard to complain too much about a waiver wire pickup, but should he really be getting regular playing time?

Addison and Merrill bad. Spurgeon was doing some good things, but was getting weirdly walked on a few rushes.

On the plus side;

Usual suspects…Zucc made a couple of turnovers, but he and Kap seem to be trying too hard sometimes. It’s hard to make up for having a zero on your line. JEE good….hard to make up for having TWO zeros on your line. Cut and paste for Boldy.
Goligoski, the guy who sits on the bench all the time, was our best Dman? Oof.
Gus was really good, stopping a breakaway, then having to stop a penalty, also? I thought that wasn’t a thing?

This team appears to be kind of broken. Last night aside, Spurgeon has been vg, but the other two assistant captains, have been mediocre at best all year, and aren’t earning their paychecks. These are the leaders? Should be JEE and Kap. They should have at least one Euro, in any event.

On the who cares side, the 4th line, Dumba, Middleton. Reaves should not be playing regularly, but Dean and Guerin have some obsession about not getting beaten up.Absurd, in this day and age. I am a Dewar fan, but HE also seems to be playing on an island, just like JEE and Boldy.

Next few games should determine whether they are a legit playoff team, or a bubble team. Right now they sure look like a bubble team, at best. The scary thing is that the #1 PP and goaltending have been quite good. If that falls off…

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad