GDT: G50: MIN @ DAL - 7:30 PM Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Weird game. Gus let in 2 more goals than Otter on less shots....and yet.... I still feel like Gus had a decent game. I'm ready to see some kids get a game. I'll say it again. Get Ek away from Foligno and Greenway. Hartman wasn't terrible in his return between Kap and Zucc

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Weird game. Gus let in 2 more goals that Otter on less shots....and yet.... I still feel like Gus had a decent game. I'm ready to see some kids get a game. I'll say it again. Get Ek away from Foligno and Greenway. Hartman wasn't terrible in his return between Kap and Zucc

This Boldy-Steel-Gaudreau line can't spend another game together. It's not good on paper or on ice.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Good thing Sinclair thinks their shit is made of gold and many Wild fans can't even watch this hot mess of a team.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Good thing Sinclair thinks their shit is made of gold and many Wild fans can't even watch this hot mess of a team.
What do you mean?

Watching commercials again.... now Janet Jackson and Ludacris selling out the X, hell yeah I can see that. Probably a super fun show.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
This game was a steaming pile of poo from the Wild. Only the goalie showed up. I didn't watch the 1st, but the 2 periods I watched was just rubbish on ice.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Lmao, $20/mo is exorbitant?
Yes, for what the service offers? Absolutely. That's why Sinclair is having it's Diamond group which it put the RSN's under... filing for bankruptcy. Fans aren't paying.

RSNs were always subsidized on cable/sat by forcing non-sports fans to pay for it. That's not happening anymore, so in order to make up for it and increase revenue, they more than doubled their price of the service and fans as a whole are saying hell no.

The RSN bubble has popped and the market has spoken.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Yes, for what the service offers? Absolutely. That's why Sinclair is having it's Diamond group which it put the RSN's under... filing for bankruptcy. Fans aren't paying.
$20/mo, or $15.83/mo if you pay annually isn't bad. I get to watch the Wild, Bucks, and Brewers. I guess with you being a Minnesota fan, maybe that makes more sense for why you view the price as "exorbitant." ;) Wild are the only team worth watching and even that's proving not to be true more and more as time goes on.

Reactions: Slotski

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
$20/mo, or $15.83/mo if you pay annually isn't bad. I get to watch the Wild, Bucks, and Brewers. I guess with you being a Minnesota fan, maybe that makes more sense for why you view the price as "exorbitant." ;) Wild are the only team worth watching and even that's proving not to be true more and more as time goes on.
Not a baseball or basketball fan

Wabit

May 23, 2016

If you look around you can find this and much more for cheaper.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Weird game. Gus let in 2 more goals that Otter on less shots....and yet.... I still feel like Gus had a decent game. I'm ready to see some kids get a game. I'll say it again. Get Ek away from Foligno and Greenway. Hartman wasn't terrible in his return between Kap and Zucc
Gus was great. In my exasperation with the greasy middle of our forward group, it’s easy to forget that our D is very forgettable, especially with Brodin out. Dumba wasn’t bad tonight, but he sure didnt’t step up the way we needed him to.

If you look around you can find this and much more for cheaper.
Are you talking about our players, or…?

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Bdub

Mar 27, 2021
Cant win with half a first line and a bunch of AHL players. Full tank and fire sale.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
The problem they're going to have (and apparently are already having if viewership is down 20% this year) is convincing people under 30 to spend $15 - $20 a month on this when YouTube and Twitch are free. Clock is ticking on cable.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
The problem they're going to have (and apparently are already having if viewership is down 20% this year) is convincing people under 30 to spend $15 - $20 a month on this when YouTube and Twitch are free. Clock is ticking on cable.
YouTube and Twitch don’t have Wild hockey.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
As someone with a kid in school who interacts with many more elementary and middle schoolers than I care to, I don't see pro sports being much of a draw for them as a group.
20-30 year olds have plenty of draw to pro sports. Trust me, I’m in that group. Bally could certainly make things more accessible. I used to have everything all in one on Hulu until they removed fox sports on everything but directtv stream (yuck).

If YouTube TV got BSN, it would save me a lot of money. I already have their premium addition. Having not watched an ad in forever it was definitely worth it.

I think the problem with viewership is they are making it more and more difficult to watch. That’s why I like Bally streaming it. At least I can go right to the source instead of balancing which streaming service has access to this and which source has access to that, etc etc.

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
20-30 year olds have plenty of draw to pro sports. Trust me, I’m in that group. Bally could certainly make things more accessible. I used to have everything all in one on Hulu until they removed fox sports on everything but directtv stream (yuck).

If YouTube TV got BSN, it would save me a lot of money. I already have their premium addition. Having not watched an ad in forever it was definitely worth it.

I think the problem with viewership is they are making it more and more difficult to watch. That’s why I like Bally streaming it. At least I can go right to the source instead of balancing which streaming service has access to this and which source has access to that, etc etc.
I agree as someone on the North edge of this demographic but also one with kids in elementary school and coaching middle schoolers, they definitely still have a huge interest in sports. They are on YouTube and watching highights and such all the time.. we subscribe to a bunch of different things so we don't miss the games, but I swear they find out more and know more about all the major sports leagues because they spend time watching YouTube.

Never thought there would be a day I would have my kid telling me about something happening in the NHL before I knew it. YouTube is a rabbit hole I don't really want my kids going down but it is funny seeing all of their searches, they are all sports related.. and ironically enough for what the NHL has tried to market, they are huge Zegras fans and love the trick shot stuff. I just think the way they consume TV and sports is already so different than what we are used to, but they are comfortable with it.. whereas we are used to consuming directly from the live source, and hate change and trying to find games.

I do think regional sports networks are a must.. this Bally deal could get interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad