Post-Game Talk: G5: Sabres @ Russian-less Caps | 1/22/21 | 7p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Honestly that lineup should be enough to win. The defense still looks fine, the top 6 is fine, bottom 6 is a little rough but so is Buffalo's.

Vanacek needs a bounceback game but other than that there shouldn't be any excuses.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Not sure how many minutes Lavi will give that Sprong-Pinho-Sheary line, but I was hoping to see more of Sprong after last game to see if he could have the same type of game again. I guess instead he just moved up the 4th line to 3rd as a whole, which isn't too bad. That line has been pretty good too.

Reactions: Capagonia

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
I wanted to see

Vrana-Eller-Oshie
Panik-Backy-Sprong
Sheary-CMM-Wilson
Hags-Dowdie-Hathaspit

Siege in, Vanecek net. Schultz with real pp time.

Its still bs they are going through with the game. But i dont honestly think we will miss anyone else than Ovie.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Honestly that lineup should be enough to win. The defense still looks fine, the top 6 is fine, bottom 6 is a little rough but so is Buffalo's.

Vanacek needs a bounceback game but other than that there shouldn't be any excuses.

The defense looks fine til you factor in the goalie situation and its right back to a crap shoot. That 4th line is pitiful.

Reactions: AussieCapsFan

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I wanted to see

Vrana-Eller-Oshie
Panik-Backy-Sprong
Sheary-CMM-Wilson
Hags-Dowdie-Hathaspit

Siege in, Vanecek net. Schultz with real pp time.

Its still bs they are going through with the game. But i dont honestly think we will miss anyone else than Ovie.

Its just my opinion of course but that's awful.

Reactions: Roshi

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Not sure how many minutes Lavi will give that Sprong-Pinho-Sheary line, but I was hoping to see more of Sprong after last game to see if he could have the same type of game again. I guess instead he just moved up the 4th line to 3rd as a whole, which isn't too bad. That line has been pretty good too.

Reading priorities. 1. Keep the puck out of your net. Sprong and Sheary are no help in that regard. Lets not forget that in the last game Sprong Vrana and Kuzy played 3rd line minutes anyway. I expect a pretty heavy load on Backstrom and Eller.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Let's see what does this team worth without its four best players

Last I checked, Oshie, Backy, and Wilson are still playing. Sucks the Ovi goal counter is stuck for 4 games, but I'm actually interested in seeing how this team steps up with without Team Russia. Kuzy and Sammy have provided some of the worst performances in the first 4 games.

Eirikrautha

Last I checked, Oshie, Backy, and Wilson are still playing. Sucks the Ovi goal counter is stuck for 4 games, but I'm actually interested in seeing how this team steps up with without Team Russia. Kuzy and Sammy have provided some of the worst performances in the first 4 games.

Yeah. The only part of this that is really annoying is that Ovie loses more time towards the record, and that we have to play the Isles at less than full roster... and I really want to beat the Isles...

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Just curious now, what will be your excuse for tonight if we are completely wracked by the mighty Buffalo team with a 0-5 score?

They are missing 3 of the top half of their lineup including their best player. Thats tough. That and calling Orlov and Kuzy among the Caps top 4 players is wrong and Samsonov is not close to a top 4 player. Take it how you want.

Reactions: AussieCapsFan

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I’m all for slamming Kuznetsov when he’s dogging it but he’s been largely good this year!

Has he? This is why Eller jumped him on the depth chart? Maybe I am reading the board wrong but it seems to me a consensus that he hasnt been his best....largely good this year

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Next man up mentality -- something the Caps have barely done for years b/c of being one of the healthiest teams and barely getting any young'ns into any games
Hope we see some real effort and have the team come through for each other and get some W's thru this stretch

Reactions: Devil Dancer

Eirikrautha

Next man up mentality -- something the Caps have barely done for years b/c of being one of the healthiest teams and barely getting any young'ns into any games
Hope we see some real effort and have the team come through for each other and get some W's thru this stretch
Well, that mentality was key during their playoff run to the Cup. So this might be a good thing, if they can get that going early in this season.

Reactions: Devil Dancer

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Well, that mentality was key during their playoff run to the Cup. So this might be a good thing, if they can get that going early in this season.

What am I missing? Backstrom went down and Eller stepped up. Wilson got suspended and I dont recall who stepped up. This situation and that one are not the same. Unless you are suggesting Eller is going to play 20 mins with Kuzy out.....which is possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad