Half-Assed GDT: G5 Blues @ Nucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
If Stastny is out then this is just the worst luck. 5 games in and we're already down 3 key players

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Also I gotta say our PK has looked fantastic and Brodziak has been right at the center of that. He's looking like a big big upgrade over Goc right now

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
Also I gotta say our PK has looked fantastic and Brodziak has been right at the center of that. He's looking like a big big upgrade over Goc right now

Goc?? Who is that?? Was he the upgrade over Lapierre?? 4th line getting better each season. This Brodziak guy is pretty decent on the 4th line, lol.

Spicy Panger

Jan 17, 2015
Great win. Had a feeling it'd be different this time at Vancouver. Seemed a little gassed and scrambling by the end of the 3rd but coming off a b2b and playing a tough opponent it's not that surprising how it ended. Lots of hustle tonight!

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Gunnarsson had a much better game. Of course, Vancouver wasn't pressuring the defense like other teams have, but he was solid all over the ice.

I really hope Stastny's injury isn't serious, because he has been terrific.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Canucks fan come in piece, just wanna ask how do you guys rate our performance?

Still look somewhat disorganized early season hockey. Some great scoring chances that would usually be converted and failed to completely take advantage of a tired team.

The Blues won a lot of board battles. I don't think you can be a playoff team in the West without a little more muscle. Honestly, at tonight's level I don't think Vancouver is a playoff team. But I expect a month from now they will look more cohesive and harder working on puck battles and faceoffs.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Stastny came back on the ice to take a stroll. Yes he left but if he had a broken bone or something that probably wouldn't have happened. Hopefully it was just the case of "if this was a playoff game I could play but since it's game 5 of the regular season and we're leading 3-1 in the 3rd period, I might as well just rest since it's still sore."

Him and Shattenkirk may miss a few more games but hopefully not much more than that.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Thoughts on hutton. Virtanen. Mccann.

Thanks guys

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Thoughts on hutton. Virtanen. Mccann.

Thanks guys

Hutton was solid. McCann has skills, but completely lost his man (Bortuzzo) on the third goal. He has that still-acclimating-rookie look that keeps me from telling just how good he'll be once he settles in. Virtanen put the puck on net, but was otherwise invisible.

It's just one game, but, in general, I thought the Canucks failed to pressure the Blues much except on counterattacks and tried to be way too cute on the powerplay. The Blues don't have many quick players, but still played fairly quick hockey, whereas, Vancouver has plenty of fast guys, but seem to play the game slowly. That seems to steer away from the strengths of guys like McCann and Virtanen, who might be thinking too much as a result.

I thought Vancouver played well as a team last season, so it seems like they should be a playoff team; but, so far, they seem to lack something they had last year.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Habs fan here. Got to watch the game last night and was really impressed. You guys have a solid team once again. Congratulations on the win.

I was wondering if you guys could give me some insight on Steen's play this year. I'm leaning towards trading for him in my hockey pool but I don't get to watch Blues games all that often.

Have his points been good or flukey? are they because of Tarasenko? is their a risk of him being seperated from Vlad?

Any information on the guy would be great. Also, it's between him, Eberle, Landeskog, Monahan and Palat. Would you choose him over those guys?

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
What exactly does it take to get Bouwmeester fired up? I'd be scared to find the answer to that question.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
:laugh: How is Jay Bouwmeester a professional hockey player? How did that happen?

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
A lot of photoshop opportunities there for those with skills in that area.

Mouse is a good suggestion. I'll add a kid on a go cart and meteor/fireball to the request box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad