Half-Assed GDT: G5 Blues @ Nucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
Someone who's not me should count how many times in the last few seasons the blues end up in Vancouver on the second half a b2b. Even the radio guys were remarking on its frequency last night.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
4-1 VAN because...well we always lose to the Nucks and I always have to hear about it from my friends who is a Canucks fan.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Someone who's not me should count how many times in the last few seasons the blues end up in Vancouver on the second half a b2b. Even the radio guys were remarking on its frequency last night.

It's the 5th time in our last 10 visits to Vancouver. One of the times it wasn't, it was the first game back from the Olympic break.

slashtrey

Baller
Dec 23, 2011
I come in peace, I am curious as to the line combos tonight...is the STL line reunited? I noticed that was who was out there when Taresenko scored last night.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I come in peace, I am curious as to the line combos tonight...is the STL line reunited? I noticed that was who was out there when Taresenko scored last night.

Hitch said that they will get a good amount of shifts together, but I don't even think Hitch knows how many or for how long.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Last game wasn't it the 3 goal comeback where Hitch was already writing the game off and resting guys. Or maybe it was a goaltending change and then the Blues decided to come back. The OT loss felt like a win.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I'm looking for a 3-0 Blues win to get off the schneid in VanCity and to make the goalie controversy flare up again.

I'd really like to see Jaskin get moved up to the Lehtera line tonight (or soon) but if the 3rd line is Jaskin-Gomez-Backes that would be OK. I really want to see us figure out if Jaskin is struggling or if he just isn't gelling with Backes because he is pretty invisible right now. If he needs a little jolt to get his game going it may be time to flip-flop him and Rattie.

Also, I really hope Reaves is out if Gomez is in. Upshall has looked pretty good for a 13th forward and I'd like to see:

20-26-91
17-12-23
93-42-20
9-28-10

or

20-26-91
17-12-20
23-93-42
9-28-10

Honk! Honk! Honk! Let's Go Blues!!!

JoshFromMO

Apr 6, 2015
Missoura
Last game wasn't it the 3 goal comeback where Hitch was already writing the game off and resting guys. Or maybe it was a goaltending change and then the Blues decided to come back. The OT loss felt like a win.

Yeah I think Elliott was put in then taken out almost immediately after lol.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I've already considered this game as a loss. I don't even remember the last time we beat the Canucks, regardless of how good their team was.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
I'm gonna miss this one tonight so they will probably win. Gomez will score 6

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Maybe now that lack is gone..... 4-3 OT win. Brouwer with game winner from a great pass by Jbo

No, Ryan Miller threw the middle finger up in all our faces at least 1 of 3 times we played this ******* team last season. I believe it was the first meeting last season, against....you guessed it....Jake Allen.

Vancouver (especially Vancouver...oh and L.A.) along with the other two Cali teams, are the only games where I absolutely, without question, hate the boys losing too. Please please please show up tonight ready to play 60 and score often, and just beat the daylights out of those damn dirty Canucks.

Lets Go Blues!

JoshFromMO

Apr 6, 2015
Missoura
No, Ryan Miller threw the middle finger up in all our faces at least 1 of 3 times we played this ******* team last season. I believe it was the first meeting last season, against....you guessed it....Jake Allen.

Vancouver (especially Vancouver...oh and L.A.) along with the other two Cali teams, are the only games where I absolutely, without question, hate the boys losing too. Please please please show up tonight ready to play 60 and score often, and just beat the daylights out of those damn dirty Canucks.

Lets Go Blues!

Oh yes, I think I remember the legendary SOB line coughing up an empty netter with like 2 minutes left that game!

RR10*

I wrote in the Edmonton thread that I wanted to see this lineup:

Steen - Stastny - Backes
Schwartz - Lehtera - Tarasenko
Jaskin - Gomez - Brouwer
Ott/Upshall - Brodziak - Reaves

Maybe we'll see it tonight :) I think Backes is a waste on a non producing third line. Can't have a 55-60 pt center just grinding and not producing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad