GDT: G46: MIN @ TBL - 6 PM Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
All of the goals have been on special teams essentially. The first TB goal was technically ES, but Hartman had just got on the ice

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Zuccarello can be really lazy at times

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
i think it’s time to mix up the lines a bit

Boldy-Steel-Kaprizov
Dewar-JEE-Zuccarello
Greenway-Gaudreau-Foligno
Duhaime-Hartman-Shaw/Reeves

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
i think it’s time to mix up the lines a bit

Boldy-Steel-Kaprizov
Dewar-JEE-Zuccarello
Duhaime-Hartman-Shaw/Reeves
I think it's time Hartman had a seat on the bench. He was in the box for two of the goals, and knocked another one in our net. Did nothing for us offensively. If Shaw and Dumba are going to be held accountable, then surely he should be?

He, and Foligno, are showing that last year was an anomaly. Greenway...oof. Those three are giving us nothing. We talk about Fiala and Boldy being put on islands....how about JEE?

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
He, and Foligno, are showing that last year was an anomaly. Greenway...oof. Those three are giving us nothing. We talk about Fiala and Boldy being put on islands....how about JEE?
I agree. JEE is an elite player in this league and we are way too married to both the GREEF line and the Zucc/97 combo.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Kaprizov-Steel-Zuccarello
Boldy-Ek-Walker

Actually I might even do this:

Boldy-Ek-Walker
Greenway-Gaudreau-Duhaime
Shaw-Dewar-Foligno

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Boldy-Ek-Walker
maybe... though in my perfect little fantasy world, Rossi comes up and blossoms into a top 6 C, Greenway is gone in trade, maybe even Foligno if we can get a good return. Not going to complain about Steel, because he has been good for a waiver wire minimum salary guy, but he should not be a top 6 C, nvm a #1.

JEE is getting lots of time(and producing)on the PP with Zucc and Kap. Maybe time to try it again, now that the GREEF's aren't really a thing anymore.

Dean showed that he was inflexible, and resistant to change, in last year's playoffs. Hopefully he doesn't make the same mistake this year. "His Guys" aren't producing this year for him...time to change it up.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
maybe... though in my perfect little fantasy world, Rossi comes up and blossoms into a top 6 C, Greenway is gone in trade, maybe even Foligno if we can get a good return. Not going to complain about Steel, because he has been good for a waiver wire minimum salary guy, but he should not be a top 6 C, nvm a #1.

JEE is getting lots of time(and producing)on the PP with Zucc and Kap. Maybe time to try it again, now that the GREEF's aren't really a thing anymore.

Dean showed that he was inflexible, and resistant to change, in last year's playoffs. Hopefully he doesn't make the same mistake this year. "His Guys" aren't producing this year for him...time to change it up.
I'm just thinking next game for now. Not after the trade deadline or beyond.

I wouldn't necessarily be against trying Ek with Kap again, but moving him to Boldy's line solves the problem of Boldy playing on an island at even strength too, ideally.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I agree. JEE is an elite player in this league and we are way too married to both the GREEF line and the Zucc/97 combo.
I get it...the GREEF's were great while they lasted. I think JEE has developed, though, while Foligno, and especially Greenway, have fallen off. The recent losses should be the impetus for change from him. Benching Goligoski and Shaw is not addressing the elephant in the room with this club... some of the middle six players on this team are playing like shit, and/or getting injured.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I think it's time Hartman had a seat on the bench. He was in the box for two of the goals, and knocked another one in our net. Did nothing for us offensively. If Shaw and Dumba are going to be held accountable, then surely he should be?

Amen! Press box Hartman. Call up Walker. Swap Gaudreau with Eriksson Ek.

Reactions: MNRube

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Honestly, I'd like to see a drastic change to the lineup. Zuccarello hasn't been earning top line duties lately, so I'd even change that line.

Kaprizov - Steel - Shaw (the KISS line!)
Boldy - JEE - Zuccarello
Duhaime - Gaudreau - Greenway
Foligno - Dewar - Reaves

I'd keep it like this for one whole game, and probably no longer. Sends a message to the team that they need to play better or changes will be made (only beginning with lineup changes), benches Hartman for his poor play of late, and gives you the potential to find additional chemistries in the roster that haven't been tried. I don't, however, want to give the impression that this should be used long-term.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Honestly, I'd like to see a drastic change to the lineup. Zuccarello hasn't been earning top line duties lately, so I'd even change that line.

Boldy - JEE - Zuccarello
Foligno - Dewar - Reaves

I'd keep it like this for one whole game, and probably no longer. Sends a message to the team that they need to play better or changes will be made (only beginning with lineup changes), benches Hartman for his poor play of late, and gives you the potential to find additional chemistries in the roster that haven't been tried. I don't, however, want to give the impression that this should be used long-term.
Poor Kaprizov...

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Boldy - JEE - Zuccarello
Foligno - Dewar - Reaves

I think Kap is requesting to be traded after the season (maybe the TDL) if this happens to him.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I agree. Only reason I'm doing it to him is because he's the only one who can prop a line up on his own.
To a point.

He's already the star winger that has the absolute least to work with at the center position (it's actually not even close). Taking away the only legit offensive linemate would just be pissing in his eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad